Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion Walkthrough Video Presentation {24min}

KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Oh nices...watching this now, and its quite amazing, has anyone else seen this yet?  Aion is looking more and more promising, but I hope this hype I'm getting played into again doesn't let me down once again!

Need a little flight of fancy in your MMO experience? Take an in-depth walkthrough as NCsoft melds eastern hardcore MMOs with the great storytelling of western MMOs with the MMORPG Aion: Tower of Eternity for the PC. Join NCsoft's Liv Blazier and Brian Knox as they detail the game's:

• * Factions
  • * Flight
  • * Character customization
  • * Armor and weapons utilization
  • * Combo-based battle system
  • * Pvp system

...and an attached trailer to illustrate everything in full, rich detail. Look for Aion May 26 when it launches exclusively on the PC.

Comments

• twistedvenomtwistedvenom Member Posts: 118

May 26!!!!!! is that the date when the game is coming out!  Is that true?

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250
    Originally posted by Khrymson

Oh nices...watching this now, and its quite amazing, has anyone else seen this yet?  Aion is looking more and more promising, but I hope this hype I'm getting played into again doesn't let me down once again!

Look for Aion May 26 when it launches exclusively on the PC.

If only the last part was true.....sadly it aint.

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Originally posted by daylight01

In Australia it is, so they say, and well that means an English client...so if possible to import or digital DL I just might have to!

Liking the polymorph quest system, changing into a Parrot and doing a scout mission!  ROFL  Wonder what else they'll have us change into.

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

Originally posted by daylight01

In Australia it is, so they say, and well that means an English client...so if possible to import or digital DL I just might have to!

No they did not.

Your local game shop said it would release there on that date...not NCsoft,it is only in China open beta and the latest news from ....you guessed it NCsoft is NA/EU release is Q4,we can hope for maybe Q3 but until NCsoft says so,it aint going to happen.

Lots of gamming store's are namming dates to take pre-orders,they are just guesses,thats it,if you choose to believe them then thats your choice....and dissapiontment.

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• twistedvenomtwistedvenom Member Posts: 118

NO!!!!!!! I hope comes out soon.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Don't expect much from a game that is thrown together quickly....2 factions? cheap design.

4 classes?again cheap too simple to design a game around so little.FFXI a game made for the console what 8-10 years ago ?has 30 classes LMAO all with tons of unique ideas and abilities.

I said before ill say it again,they are banking on selling this game on an unbelievable cheap idea[FLYING]LAME IMO.

Go figure BOTH factions will be able to fly,because you know why?if only one faction could fly the other faction would have maybe 20 players lmao.They copied their typical L2/asian looking armour all pointy and space age.So much for CREATING a DIFFERENT game.

You know what NCSOFT is delivering to you people?a world with meaningless backdrops,a place to fly around and pvp.The lack of customization will soon have the players extremly bored.No question at all,they will implement more classes probably even a new faction,but that would mean a later release and this allows them to sell you an exapnsion to get the rest of your content lol.I am sorry but NCSOFT does not fool me with that cheap looking project.

This sort of game should have had at the minimum 4 factions.There should be at minimum 8-10 classes especially since they were too lazy and made only 2 factions.What that all means of course is more work by the developer,but of course we don't expect them to work for our money do we?More animations ,more character models,more textures,yep this is why they opt for the lesser cheaper approach and hope to sell it on FLYING alone.

ANYONE actually think if there was no flying with  the lack of classes anyone would care about this game?it would be nothing more than a L2 clone without the flying.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BraavosiBraavosi Member Posts: 149

lol rly now?

and my video wont play, just keeps playing advertisements over and over =(

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Don't expect much from a game that is thrown together quickly....2 factions? cheap design.
    4 classes?again cheap too simple to design a game around so little.FFXI a game made for the console what 8-10 years ago ?has 30 classes LMAO all with tons of unique ideas and abilities.

Well to clear some horrible mis-information up FFXI was launched less than 7 years ago and only has 20 Jobs total after 4 expansions.  It was launched with only 12 jobs to start and 8 more were added over the years, 2 of which with the latest expansion WoTG.  FFXI also has no real faction system as any Race/Job can start in any of the 3 starting cities and everyone basically works together for the common good but with a small zone control fun which unlocks certain small advantages for each city from time to time, but that still doesn't keep someone from another city from coming to that city and using those unlocked features!

Technically there are 8 classes in Aion; once you hit lvl 10 each of the base 4 split into 2 more each!  ...and dare I bring it up, but take a look at WoW, it only has 2 factions and look how its done, and WAR only has 2 factions and while less than stellar its holding it own.  EQII has 2 factions and is doing good enough.  Lets see what else is there, drawing a blank atm, but there are many others...

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

Don't expect much from a game that is thrown together quickly....

An early demo of quests, cut scenes and gameplay in the actual game engine was available at E3 2006. Flight was still on rails then, but most of the engine was done. The past three years seem to have been content and testing. Was there a basis for the 'thrown together quickly comment" or were you just banking on no one knowing otherwise?

The rest of your post was just too uninformed and laughable to comment on.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

Wizardry has an agenda, don't mind him.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

I said before ill say it again,they are banking on selling this game on an unbelievable cheap idea[FLYING]LAME IMO.
    Go figure BOTH factions will be able to fly,because you know why?if only one faction could fly the other faction would have maybe 20 players lmao.They copied their typical L2/asian looking armour all pointy and space age.So much for CREATING a DIFFERENT game.
    You know what NCSOFT is delivering to you people?a world with meaningless backdrops,a place to fly around and pvp.The lack of customization will soon have the players extremly bored.No question at all,they will implement more classes probably even a new faction,but that would mean a later release and this allows them to sell you an exapnsion to get the rest of your content lol.I am sorry but NCSOFT does not fool me with that cheap looking project.
    This sort of game should have had at the minimum 4 factions.There should be at minimum 8-10 classes especially since they were too lazy and made only 2 factions.What that all means of course is more work by the developer,but of course we don't expect them to work for our money do we?More animations ,more character models,more textures,yep this is why they opt for the lesser cheaper approach and hope to sell it on FLYING alone.
    ANYONE actually think if there was no flying with  the lack of classes anyone would care about this game?it would be nothing more than a L2 clone without the flying.

So much from someone that has never played the game.  I see Wizardly is up to his boring old trolling tricks again.

Wizardly thinks he is a game designer now.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Sold!

I was already excited about this game but that just pretty much confirmed that I will be buying this. I think this is  the MMO I've been waiting for. In the meantime I'll play Spellborn (also pretty darn good considering it's new.)

• neosurfeurneosurfeur Member UncommonPosts: 193

yea spellborn wort it..

Aion I playing korean version I cant leak info since i already received notice from forum admin.

Aion isnt for May 26 not in Australia, its like ebgame who say first june. Those are fake date until Ncsoft say the true date.

And Korean version still under improvement, and they need to finish the voice over ect.... we gonna have real news about that by this summer. ( And it wont mean, they gonna lunch it this summer, only meaning : They gonna gave us news this summer )

I could say one things, most of mmo player with epxerience will run their carathere to lvl 10 since its pretty boring, run accept, kill mob, ... until lvl10 ( noob land ) so be prepare to have fun after 4~5 hours of run. So for those like me, who plan to took the day of work ;p be prepare to put some energie drink on your desk XD !

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

NCSoft has it offically listed for Q4 of this year.. its over in the guild wars fourms because they were talking about GW2 and someone found when they had Aion and Gw2 as projected release.