Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All Alfars are assholes!

2»

Comments

• beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

Anyone care to explain to this guy why other than mmos having a monthly fee, getting ganked in mmo and fps isnt the same thing.

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

And dont forget, its the same for everyone.

Cant really help to wonder when people put some weird equation to explin DF gameplay. Its a PvP MMO. Everything that is considered "bad" in other MMOs, is what holds DF togeather. Competition, fear, lost items, perma death to mounts and so on.

Why is the first instint always "that wouldent work in WoW"?? Because that is what we can see in almost every post. There is no secret DF is a PvP MMO. And still many tryes to "reviel the truth".  We know already. You dont like PvP...DF is nothing for you, ok? Simple. Very simple.

Just as PvE MMOs are nothing for me. I dont go to another PvE forum and try and explain how wrong PvE is.

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785
    Originally posted by daarco

And dont forget, its the same for everyone.
    Cant really help to wonder when people put some weird equation to explin DF gameplay. Its a PvP MMO. Everything that is considered "bad" in other MMOs, is what holds DF togeather. Competition, fear, lost items, perma death to mounts and so on.
    Why is the first instint always "that wouldent work in WoW"?? Because that is what we can see in almost every post. There is no secret DF is a PvP MMO. And still many tryes to "reviel the truth".  We know already. You dont like PvP...DF is nothing for you, ok? Simple. Very simple.
    Just as PvE MMOs are nothing for me. I dont go to another PvE forum and try and explain how wrong PvE is.

I agree with your point. DF lasted longer than Fury did I believe, so they can take solace in that.

• DrAllcomeDrAllcome Member Posts: 79

for me the threat of being able to be attacked by anyone at any time is part of the fun. I am not a huge pvper but there is a certain thrill that you could lose all of your hard earned items at  any time. I would assume people buying this game understand that and would be like minded.

So far on the Orc side I have only been "ganked" one time by a human riding a white tiger or somthing the thing is she killed me when I was alone however when she was lurking around the new area a small band of people formed to chase her away(all newvies)

I never really felt like the PK was overpowered, yes she did have a clear advantage but it never seemed impossible to kill her on the other hand in a lvl based game someone 20 lvls higher than you are is god.

I have only had the game for 3 days now so we will see what happens.

• ExmatrixExmatrix Member UncommonPosts: 36

I just got into this game 2 nights ago. Yesterday i saw in the chat something that explains excectly what this game is all about, & I quote:

"OMG! WTF!!! F***ING GANKER KILLED ME & i WAS MINING! LOST 2K IRON!! WTF I'M GOING BACK TO WOW!!"

When i finally managed to pick my self up back from the floor i saw lots of "supportive" responses in the chat encoreging him to actually go back to WoW...