Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think this would make things quite interesting.

MasterRyuMasterRyu Member Posts: 26

Blizzard should open a PVP special server, if only temporarily, that has a very hardcore ruleset.  Basically if you die for ANY reason, you start back at level 1.   If you guys played EQ back in the day, SOE did something like this called the Discord Server.  It brought back a lot of retired players at the time.

Comments

• jakojakojakojako Member Posts: 332

No, because then there'd only be death knights and pallies running around.

It would be cool if when you died, you lose all your gear/gold/whatever and lose xp, but if you had to restard at level 1, people would only play the OP classes.

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659
    Originally posted by jakojako

No, because then there'd only be death knights and pallies running around.
    It would be cool if when you died, you lose all your gear/gold/whatever and lose xp, but if you had to restard at level 1, people would only play the OP classes.

I dont see that as a problem on that type of server.  I'm sure some will roll other classes.  However it seems the whole point of a server like that would be the PvP aspect.

Interesting idea 

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• pussaykatpussaykat Member Posts: 791

2 things make a good pvp character. The gear and the player. If you have those 2 things you can play any class you like.

-Would you like cheddar or swiss cheese?
    -Yes.

• AntipathyAntipathy Member UncommonPosts: 1,362

So you would invest a fortnight of effort levelling your priest up to level 68, then head to Northrend and "Bang": 80 hunter is shadowmelded by the docks and one-shots you before you can react. All those weeks wasted, and not the slightest thing you can possibly do to avoid it.

Playing ironman may work in some games (e.g. roguelikes), but it's a poor fit for warcraft.

Then again - ironman settings may work ok on a PvE server. But the endgame would be a nightmare, since almost every raid is balanced with the expectation that groups will go through a period of wiping whilst they learn the instance. So you'd have to be incredibly conservative in the challenges you take, and would need to plan very carefully.

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by MasterRyu

Blizzard should open a PVP special server, if only temporarily, that has a very hardcore ruleset.  Basically if you die for ANY reason, you start back at level 1.   If you guys played EQ back in the day, SOE did something like this called the Discord Server.  It brought back a lot of retired players at the time.

Didn't southpark make an episode about this already?