Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Recruit

Fa+eFa+e Vanguard CorrespondentMember Posts: 190

Giving Eve a try as a brand-new player, is it feasable to just donwload, install, and jump in; or do you really need to read all of the information on the website to understand what's going on before you start?

Currently Playing: Aion
Trying Out:
Retired: The Chronicles of Spellborn, EvE, LotRo, WoW, VG, AoC, CoX, RO
Waiting on: Blade & Soul, Black Prophecy, Global Agenda, The Agency, SW:ToR, T.E.R.A.
Working On: The 5th Dimension (coming soon)

Comments

• KaylessKayless Member UncommonPosts: 357

Nope but you'll have plenty of time to read alot of it at some stage...

Just makes sure you do the ingame tutorial, ALL OF IT and pay attention! Will make things go alot smoother. Quite a few dweebs just skip it thinking they're too cool for a tutorial and spend a month in the Help channel asking basic questions.

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244

you can do that, just make sure you do the tutorial. you'll probably go to the help pages or forums at some point, but it might not be for months.

• Fa+eFa+e Vanguard CorrespondentMember Posts: 190

Thank you guys for the responses.  I did just that, made a character, hopped in, and started the tutorial.   While I was drifting there in space, I was listening to this really dream-like song by Oren Lavie and felt so far away...  I'm looking forward to getting home from work to do my first mission.

Trying Out:
    Waiting on: Blade & Soul, Black Prophecy, Global Agenda, The Agency, SW:ToR, T.E.R.A.

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244

quick bit of advice, dont get sucked into just running missions, eve is not about quests. its about pvp.

When do you start PvPing?

Trying Out:

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

whenever you want.....try factional warfare out....you can sign up for militia starting day 1. Open pvp, i would wait until the a little bit....like 5 or 6 weeks in when you can effectively fly a frigate, battlecruiser or interceptor

• doc2552doc2552 Member Posts: 40

1st of all welcome to eve, i myself have been playing eve for over 4 years and never pvped once, i am an indy player and i do not fight, i build ships for other players to kill each other in......what i'm saying is that eve has no "way" u do as u wish i would say as a bit of adivce is to find a good all round corp in high sec and see what takes your fancy, it depends on what you want to do, kill, make money, both.....run a corp of over 300 players....

Thank everyone for their input.  Currently, I just want to learn how to pilot my ship properly and feel comfortable in outerspace.  Then after that I think I want to explore space a while.  Do different sections of space look different?  I mean, so far as being worth just flying around and exploring?  Or does everything look like the beginning area?

Trying Out:

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156
    Originally posted by Fa+e

Thank everyone for their input.  Currently, I just want to learn how to pilot my ship properly and feel comfortable in outerspace.  Then after that I think I want to explore space a while.  Do different sections of space look different?  I mean, so far as being worth just flying around and exploring?  Or does everything look like the beginning area?

space has its own characteristics, enemies, etc. And if you go into exploration itself, you can find a ton of useful, and challenging things, like hack sites, archeological sites, wormholes, even new dead space complexes