Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All Alfars are assholes!

spyhunter107spyhunter107 Member Posts: 104

The whole community of asshat are all Alfars. I'm having the worst time being an Alfar, I get ganked by my own race for no reason and once I go red they're all on me. I like Alfars, I'm pretty hardcore but I hate playing with assholes. I started playing and 10 minutes go by and I get a tell by some assclown "You're going to quit in 2 days, I guarantee that" WTF??? 

I should've gone with the wolf people!

Comments

• demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438
    Originally posted by spyhunter107

The whole community of asshat are all Alfars. I'm having the worst time being an Alfar, I get ganked by my own race for no reason and once I go red they're all on me. I like Alfars, I'm pretty hardcore but I hate playing with assholes. I started playing and 10 minutes go by and I get a tell by some assclown "You're going to quit in 2 days, I guarantee that" WTF??? 

Welcome to Darkfall, where the "niche" market is a bunch of ass fairy's.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Yeah, to survive in DF,and I'm thinking especially in that race you're going to need a good group of friends to back you up.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785
    Originally posted by demonic87

Actually, all DF fanbois are. Wait for it, javac and Raiden will show up soon to confirm that.

• LokyLoky Member UncommonPosts: 182

OP, you sound like Borat...

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089
    Originally posted by Die_Scream

Actually, all DF fanbois are. Wait for it, javac and Raiden will show up soon to confirm that.

I think Darth has started to realize he wore out his welcome.

Javac seems to be a little slower on the uptake, so he'll be here more than likely.

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785
    Originally posted by WisebutCruel

Originally posted by Die_Scream

I think Darth has started to realize he wore out his welcome.

Javac seems to be a little slower on the uptake, so he'll be here more than likely.

I hope javac will amuse us with another "tears" post he believes are clever.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

I'm afraid Darkfall just isn't for you. 

/sarcasm

Seriously, the more I read about Darkfall and its players the more I'm convinced its a douche bag battle royal.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

"Once i go red"!

Of course they will attack you if you are red. But get a clan fast. Then you can be a real asshole yourself.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

One pvper calling other pvpers, assholes. Then other pvpers piling on the name caller.  Yup, just another day is pvpland.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by grunty

One pvper calling other pvpers, assholes. Then other pvpers piling on the name caller.  Yup, just another day is pvpland.

Yeah.  Read my post above.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Several of us "haters" and "trolls" predicted this would happen well before .... "launch".

We predicted it because the same thing happened in SB.. the same thing happened in early L2 when it was more FFA with little to no restrictions. It would happen because of a certain sub-set of the PvP crowd such an open system attracts. No reason to believe DF would be any different.

We were told by rabid fans that it wouldn't because "the game system doesn't reward it", among other false rationalizations.

Several of us "haters" and "trolls" said "it won't matter, they'll do it anyway" and explained why. I know I said it's because the type of person who would do it wouldn't care about the consequences, because they weren't playing the game for any other reason than to gank and make others as miserable as possible... including their own race (which would actually be more convenient.. don't have to travel as far to find a victim).

We were told to STFU and "go back to WoW" 'cause we didn't know what we were talking about.

Yet, here we are... not the first post of someone talking about people ganking others of their own race without reason, and generally carrying on like idiots.

The "trolls" and "haters" have been proven right... yet again.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

So you predicted there would be combat and fights in a FFAPvP MMO?  And what about the other thousands of player that not are assholes? I predicted there would be really fun to play, and once again i was right.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834
    Originally posted by WSIMike

Several of us "haters" and "trolls" predicted this would happen well before .... "launch".

We predicted it because the same thing happened in SB.. the same thing happened in early L2 when it was more FFA with little to no restrictions. It would happen because of a certain sub-set of the PvP crowd such an open system attracts. No reason to believe DF would be any different.

We were told by rabid fans that it wouldn't because "the game system doesn't reward it", among other false rationalizations.

Several of us "haters" and "trolls" said "it won't matter, they'll do it anyway" and explained why. I know I said it's because the type of person who would do it wouldn't care about the consequences, because they weren't playing the game for any other reason than to gank and make others as miserable as possible... including their own race (which would actually be more convenient.. don't have to travel as far to find a victim).

We were told to STFU and "go back to WoW" 'cause we didn't know what we were talking about.

Yet, here we are... not the first post of someone talking about people ganking others of their own race without reason, and generally carrying on like idiots.

No reason to really term yourself a hater or troll.

I mean you don't have to hate or troll or use the label because someone else applied it to you.

Why?

Because when you look at the list of FFA PvP games and games that had FFA PvP servers... you notice that huge successful list?  Oh wait...

The only PvP games that have done well longer term had some limitations.

Don't get me wrong I loved the first couple years of UO... but I don't ever remember seeing in UO a lot of the behaviour I see now.

It doesn't bother me that people do it... that's not the point.

The point is when you purposely try to make people quit... and have waited "*cry* its been so long since we pvp'rs had a game..."

Well what do you think happens when you make enough people quit.. and why do you think its so long between pvp mmo's being released.

Every person who quits cost the company money.

Beyond the issues it had, Pirates of The Burning Sea  was a great example of this and the forums at launch were a really good example of the type of stuff that goes on.

I don't honestly think anyone who really enjoys pvp wants to purposely kill their game or make future development even less likely.  Its the small subset of people who aren't really pvp'rs at all...  I also love the "go back to wow" comments I see so often now.  I personally don't play WoW (yes I have played 3 to 4 motnhs since it came out.. its not my kind of thing).  I'd really rather go back to UO but its not the same as when I played.

*note* ya its a tough call pvp.. shouldn't be about holding hands and dancing naked under the moon together... but purposely trying to kill a game or type of game you've waited for shows some lack of common sense... and that's the entire point.

• BlindchanceBlindchance Member UncommonPosts: 1,112

You made the worst choice of race.

You should not go red on the first place.

If you would go with Mahirim ( wolf people ) I guarantee you that it will happen almost as often as with Alfar.

You can get killed by your own race on any side.

Don't get upset if you get killed, that's open pvp game after all, time to learn the rules.

• ValetmanValetman Member Posts: 102
    Originally posted by zymurgeist

What? OMG! The people who the game was designed for play it they way it was designed to be played? Yes the darkfall fans that said this wouldn't happen were wrong. The people who say this happening is a bad thing are also wrong. People are just going to have to pull their panties out of their cracks and fight back.  If you don't like FFA PvP don't buy a FFA PvP game people. Chopper Reed says "Take your skirt off, cancel your manicure, grow a mustache , and harden the @&;%* up!"

You are correct, its how this particular game was designed to be played. Its also why it is so flawed at its base level design there are two options, it will evolve through a trammell like patch, or it will die.

The problem is the alignment system. It isnt 'hardcore' for want of a better term, it is designed soley for griefers.

In UO , even pre trammell , PKing miners had consequences. red meant a hard time, and a completely different gaming exprience. In Darkfall , PKers never, ever go red.  Only newbs tricked into it are red.

The gankers simply farm afk reds for positive alignment, and can then kill same alignment players with absolutely no repercussions.

This is a system designed for the gratification of Pkers, the ruleset is entirely weighted in the favour of gankers. No one else will put up with it. But the gankers need those people to, well, you know, kill.

It will be a world of miner PKers from UO with no miners to kill.

Unless they change the alignment system.

• PapaB34RPapaB34R Member Posts: 300

ho ho ho once again I get to say how crappy...

seriously though I gank noobs all time, its fun. Or well I used to anyway when I played War, youd go down to tier 2 and just started killing em all, with almost 20lvls above they wouldnt stand a chance. There will be ganking in every game since its fun. Why, well being a sadist it just is. As for the "ganking own spieces" whats the solution, get friends, join a guild and get a group and next time you see those who ganked you kill them. Its as easy as that.

Originally posted by PapaB34R

ho ho ho once again I get to say how crappy...

seriously though I gank noobs all time, its fun. Or well I used to anyway when I played War, youd go down to tier 2 and just started killing em all, with almost 20lvls above they wouldnt stand a chance. There will be ganking in every game since its fun. Why, well being a sadist it just is. As for the "ganking own spieces" whats the solution, get friends, join a guild and get a group and next time you see those who ganked you kill them. Its as easy as that.

My "common sense is tingeling" : )

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

the alfar seems to attract every douche bag to it like flies round shit,its true. If you want constant in race gank squads,rampant kill and loot stealing and general stupidity, then by all means roll alfar.

Its the race that all those "lol u r not h@rdcore enough to pl@y!111" types with names written in l33t go for.

• LashayLashay Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by Antarious

Don't get me wrong I loved the first couple years of UO... but I don't ever remember seeing in UO a lot of the behaviour I see now.

I do remember quite a lot of it, especially between T2A and UO:R, tram was created for a reason

Only difference is these days, with cheaper and more available internet access, more kids online, there are a lot more of these types of "pvpers".

These days the pvper who would wander around on his red, pk's someone , take a few items, rez the victim, have a chat and move on are a very tiny minority, majority are the twits running around in groups of 10, ganking the lone pvm'er (of course while he is engaged with tons of spawn), dry looting him while chanting things like "noob","l0ser", haha we pwned your gay ass"….

Most of these types don't actually really seem to like the character growth or online community aspect of an MMO (most have little to no dealings with people outside there guild/clan except to attack/insult people) and really would be better off in a FPS but sadly there has not been anything really good and more importantly innovative in that genre for last few years, so that combined with WoW opening up the MMO market to a mass audience has meant we have been flooded with them

I need a new MMO world to call home as Tom Chilton keeps destroying them

• ValetmanValetman Member Posts: 102

Originally posted by Valetman

You are correct, its how this particular game was designed to be played. Its also why it is so flawed at its base level design there are two options, it will evolve through a trammell like patch, or it will die.

Or it will simply continue being what it is, a niche game played by a few people who understand if you swim with sharks you're going to get bit. I know people who think every time they get killed is a greivous personal insult and the end of the world don't get it.  That's to be expected. It's neither griefer nor hardcore. It's just a game. People don't cry when they get  smashed playing monopoly do they? "Mommy! He's griefing me with park place and a hotel!" It's pretty obvious they didn't make this game to cater to the masses and rake in the gigabucks. Someone already made that game and did a damn good job of it.

Ypu missed my main point.

It will not continue as it is, because the pkers need someone to PK.  This is why Trammell happened.

In Darkfall, th eproblem isnt the same as the miner PKing epidemic that led to Trammell , its worse. The alignment system actively encourages, and rewards , PKing same race / alignment players. 

The lions need prey. But the game system is so skewed in favour of ganking, as I described in my previous post, no one, bar the gankers , will stay.

A server full of lions will not be fun, they dont want to fight their own kind, they want easy prey, run out of prey,and then the lions will leave.

Originally posted by WSIMike

What? OMG! The people who the game was designed for play it they way it was designed to be played? Yes the darkfall fans that said this wouldn't happen were wrong. The people who say this happening is a bad thing are also wrong. People are just going to have to pull their panties out of their cracks and fight back.  If you don't like FFA PvP don't buy a FFA PvP game people. Chopper Reed says "Take your skirt off, cancel your manicure, grow a mustache , and harden the @&;%* up!"

The sarcasm really isn't necessary.

Whether it's "wrong" or "right" that it's happening depends on the player.

I was merely pointing out yet another instance where the "trolls" and "haters" turned out to be right that it would happen, despite all the venom and flaming from the die-hard members of the Cult of Tasos when we did.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,

Or it will simply continue being what it is, a niche game played by a few people who understand if you swim with sharks you're going to get bit. I know people who think every time they get killed is a greivous personal insult and the end of the world don't get it.  That's to be expected. It's neither griefer nor hardcore. It's just a game. People don't cry when they get  smashed playing monopoly do they? "Mommy! He's griefing me with park place and a hotel!" It's pretty obvious they didn't make this game to cater to the masses and rake in the gigabucks. Someone already made that game and did a damn good job of it.

A server full of lions will not be fun, they dont want to fight their own kind, they want easy prey, run out of prey,and then the lions will leave.

... no doubt blaming "whiney WoW carebears" (whom weren't playing the game in the first place) for it all on their way out.

• loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 264

This game has douchbagery written all over it. The nerds in school who get beat up need some way to vent. Since they cannot do this in RL they do this in the game by ganking people therefor feeling superior. 

Let's put it this way. Customer base = revenue. Revenue = what keeps a company paying the bills. Without revenue, company = has to shut down the game due to lack of payment. I laugh at everyone who thinks "This game will have its few followers on one server and live happily ever after." Sorry to burst your bubble but this game needs more than 10k people to keep its doors open. 

• BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688

I'd rather play a game filled with douchebags than a game filled with nerds.

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• loxleynewloxleynew Member Posts: 264
    Originally posted by sullivanj69

I'd rather play a game filled with douchebags than a game filled with nerds.

Too bad the douchebags are nerds.