So... I want to know if this game is worth it? Some main questions I have are...
1) Is there variety in things to do? Or is all I can do is go fight pirates, loot them, and trade off the remains?
2) Is the cash shop really unbalancing? Will others buying from it affect me that much?
3) Community. Is there any chance that I can find some friends or just dock somewhere and enter a conversation?
4) Can you talk to anyone out at sea? Is there channels to talk in, mail, or just near by chat for talking with nearby ships? I don't want to be sailing around for hours on end just being alone.
5) Anything else I should be aware of?
(See here, I like games like EVE online and stuff like that. I hear that this game has some EVE players or people who like EVE. I like the idea of not always being stuck in the fantasy game mold of healing pots and goblins. So is it like EVE, or similar in that way?)