Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Return Passes

Is there a such thing where ex-players can return for like 5 days for free to see how they like it?

Comments

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by XanthosX

Is there a such thing where ex-players can return for like 5 days for free to see how they like it?

Not yet, just the buddy keys from the sticky at the top but they seem to have dried up a bit lately. There is talk and re-affirmation from recent press reports from the GDC show that just went on that they are coming soon. Most likely a fileplanet start. We don't know how long as in 5,7,14 days or what precise form it will take yet such as limited trial area's or whole game.

• trillahtrillah Member CommonPosts: 158

Im going to tell you a little secret ! If you want to try the game for seven days, just log on your account from funcom page, create a new hotmail account, send your buddy key to the email you just created, make a new AOC account and you can play for seven days!! WOOT

• Originally posted by trillah

Im going to tell you a little secret ! If you want to try the game for seven days, just log on your account from funcom page, create a new hotmail account, send your buddy key to the email you just created, make a new AOC account and you can play for seven days!! WOOT

i was considering doing this, guess its my ONLY choice.

• trillahtrillah Member CommonPosts: 158

either that or dish out 15$ for a month, its not that big of a deal really :)

• veritas_Xveritas_X Member Posts: 393

Funcom should look into free server transfers before they look into enticing vets to return.  I just re-subbed yesterday and canceled today, even though I was really looking forward to coming back and trying out all the new improvements.

Problem is, my level 70 assassin that I rolled on launch day and played through fall of '08 had his name taken during one of the server merges, and was also dumped on a server that features a ruleset that doesn't appeal to me.

So, upon giving Funcom my fifteen bucks, I'm forced to either a) rename my character and play with a ruleset that I don't like, b) reroll my nearly max-level toon on another server (and hope I get my name), or c) wait for them to enable server transfers (that will probably require more payment) with no guarantee of retaining my name.

Back to EVE and LotRo I suppose.

/shrug

• BodeusBodeus Member Posts: 516
    Originally posted by trillah

dont they require you input a credit card number? With the rash of funcom dbl charges going around wonder if you can trust them NOT to charge you for  buddy time....   =/

• AceundorAceundor Member Posts: 482

buy a game card. There are several online gamestores near you that provide them at discount rates. I have seen a couple today here in Norway.

Do a little research and you can get cheap gaming time

Originally posted by BishopB:

Are a lot of the trolls just angry kids with old gaming hardware?

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774
    Originally posted by veritas_X

Funcom should look into free server transfers before they look into enticing vets to return.  I just re-subbed yesterday and canceled today, even though I was really looking forward to coming back and trying out all the new improvements.
    Problem is, my level 70 assassin that I rolled on launch day and played through fall of '08 had his name taken during one of the server merges, and was also dumped on a server that features a ruleset that doesn't appeal to me.
    So, upon giving Funcom my fifteen bucks, I'm forced to either a) rename my character and play with a ruleset that I don't like, b) reroll my nearly max-level toon on another server (and hope I get my name), or c) wait for them to enable server transfers (that will probably require more payment) with no guarantee of retaining my name.
    /shrug

Yeah that sucks, re-rolling a char that is more than say level 20 is very boring to say the least.

This has been pointed out on the offical forums, that is, that old players coming back will find themselves on empty servers or servers they dont like, or find that there friends have all moved away etc. 

And the solution is to offer server transfers, paid if necesaary. So just have to wait for FUNCOM and hope they think on their feet.

Since you have already padi a sub for this month, might be worth looking at rolling an alt of a different class on a server you like. And maybe in the future you will be able to transfer your old char there, with possible loss of the name :-(

• RdlabanRdlaban Member UncommonPosts: 396
    Originally posted by veritas_X

/shrug

funcom had a free server transfer window after the merges; so all the exsisting costumers were taken care of.

Second; you should be rolling an alt; the improvements are best seen in the pre 70s with new quests; new instances(group) and reamp of existing ones(group and solo). For the 70s I would wait until Common District is releases(unless you wanna do some farming to get to slaughterhouse and endgame after that)