Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com Game List not showing release date

GirithGirith Member Posts: 40

The FAQ on the official web site is saying the game will be released during summer 2009. Why isn't the same information available in the Game List? Currently it's just saying "unknown" under Date.

Comments

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

It hasn't even entered beta yet. Its not going to be released this summer.

The official site just hasn't  updated their faq.

• RecklessLemmRecklessLemm Member Posts: 35

Summer runs to September. Patience.

• hail2dathiefhail2dathief Member UncommonPosts: 232

If you go to the forums they have a post of their business model somewhere or whatever it's called dating back to 2005.  From the model they are a couple months behind from what they initially intended.  I think they were shooting for something like june or july if i recall so they still could make it by sept., but i'm thinking more of fall if beta goes well, if not then i would say winter but hopefully it will be soon :).

-cheers

• ZageronZageron Member Posts: 22

Or BETA might have already started and we know nothing about it.

I can see MO coming out in August.

But I can also see the staff saying 'no scru that' and extending another month just to make sure their product doesn't suck when it's released.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Originally posted by Zageron

But I can also see the staff saying 'no scru that' and extending another month just to make sure their product doesn't suck when it's released.

Posts like this so remind me of another recently released (well, sort of)  game.

If the game releases any time this year, consider it a miracle in gaming.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089
    Originally posted by Girith

The FAQ on the official web site is saying the game will be released during summer 2009. Why isn't the same information available in the Game List? Currently it's just saying "unknown" under Date.

In case you failed to notice, the release dates given to games here have numbers, not words. They say things like 12/12/2012, not "Summer of 2009".

Summer of 2009 is a time-frame, not a date. Therefore, the date is "unknown".

I'm betting that is why.

• GirithGirith Member Posts: 40

no, they aren't always dates, u have examples like Q4 2009

Point is the MO devs have not said a definitive time for release. Even summer of 2009 is not in concrete. And I guarantee if you ask the MO devs, they will tell you there's no way they're releasing that soon ( if they intend to be honest about it ).

Their FAQ is outdated.

So if we have to go by their outdated website, then we should have Darkfall listed as in beta development still ( although at least with Darkfalls' current state, that would actually be closer to the truth ) instead of as released.

• TiurinnTiurinn Member Posts: 62
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Posts like this so remind me of another recently released (well, sort of)  game.

Releasing it wouldn't be such a miracle, it being a good game if released this year, THAT would be a miracle!

Heat, pressure and time. The three things that make a diamond, also make a waffle.
    Also known as Ardanwen.

• ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452

None of us have played the game so none of us have any idea what kind of stage it is in.

That said, it has been developing for 4 years now. WAR, for example, released after 3 years.

Originally posted by WisebutCruel
    Originally posted by Girith no, they aren't always dates, u have examples like Q4 2009
    Point is the MO devs have not said a definitive time for release. Even summer of 2009 is not in concrete. And I guarantee if you ask the MO devs, they will tell you there's no way they're releasing that soon ( if they intend to be honest about it ).
    Their FAQ is outdated.
    So if we have to go by their outdated website, then we should have Darkfall listed as in beta development still ( although at least with Darkfalls' current state, that would actually be closer to the truth ) instead of as released.

Aventurine did their announcements through their official forum, and the Game List date was updated accordingly

the thing is that "summer 2009" is the most recent estimate from Star Vault and they haven't hinted otherwise (yet), anywhere
    as such it should be listed, and if the game gets pushed, MMORPG.com can change the release date accordingly... as they do with all the games

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

Their FAQ is outdated.

Aventurine did their announcements through their official forum, and the Game List date was updated accordingly

the thing is that "summer 2009" is the most recent estimate from Star Vault and they haven't hinted otherwise (yet), anywhere

as such it should be listed, and if the game gets pushed, MMORPG.com can change the release date accordingly... as they do with all the games

Summer 2009 is not thier recent estimate, they have sead so from the opening of the webpage back in april 2008.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

Their FAQ is outdated.

Aventurine is also charging money for their game now. Yet, their listing here has "N/A" as the price.

So if they won't change that, what makes you think they'll go through the bother of changing a date?

I have no problem with them listing "summer of '09" or "Q3 of '09".

The main thing is, the guys in charge of updating stuff around here are pretty damn lazy.

Hell, there are multiple games listed here that went out of business years ago. If you bring it up once in awhile, the community guy will make some small post about "we're going to change it, be patient" and then says or does nothing more until the next person complains 6 months later, in which case he just says "we're going to change it, be patient", etc.,etc.

Originally posted by Torgrim

Their FAQ is outdated.
    So if we have to go by their outdated website, then we should have Darkfall listed as in beta development still ( although at least with Darkfalls' current state, that would actually be closer to the truth ) instead of as released.

Summer 2009 is not thier recent estimate, they have sead so from the opening of the webpage back in april 2008.

most recent

Aventurine is also charging money for their game now. Yet, their listing here has "N/A" as the price.

So if they won't change that, what makes you think they'll go through the bother of changing a date?
    I have no problem with them listing "summer of '09" or "Q3 of '09".
    The main thing is, the guys in charge of updating stuff around here are pretty damn lazy.
    Hell, there are multiple games listed here that went out of business years ago. If you bring it up once in awhile, the community guy will make some small post about "we're going to change it, be patient" and then says or does nothing more until the next person complains 6 months later, in which case he just says "we're going to change it, be patient", etc.,etc.

absolutely, I agree with you, but I've sent 'em an e-mail in Friday, and they didn't answer yet, so we will see what they will say about this case when they do

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I'd rather consider your post an example of misinformation.

www.mortalonline.com/news/january21-1-09

"Beta development

We have a very hectic and interesting half year in front of us, as we now have entered into the beta development phase of Mortal Online. Due to heavy workload we unfortunately have very little time for releasing new information this month - the game must always be our top priority."

May I just post you this, you might have missed it:

And yes, they're organized in a hectically good way and they proved it until now. They're on schedule, meaning that internal beta lasted from January to March and in April, supposedly, there will be "Gold" phase or external beta. Considering the summer lasts until September, it seems much likely that they will release it by then.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

Originally posted by XAleX360

And yes, they're organized in a hectically good way and they proved it until now. They're on schedule, meaning that internal beta lasted from January to March and in April, supposedly, there will be "Gold" phase or external beta. Considering the summer lasts until September, it seems much likely that they will release it by then.

Beta usually lasts a year or more. And since they haven't even started beta yet, there is no way they will release it this summer.

If they try to do a 2 month beta like Darkfall, it will be a total disaster, just like  Darkfall.

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by ghoul31

Beta usually lasts a year or more. And since they haven't even started beta yet, there is no way they will release it this summer.

If they try to do a 2 month beta like Darkfall, it will be a total disaster, just like  Darkfall.

"Usually"? Poor attempt, man. Usually does not mean anything; usually, MMO are theme park ones, and they have to create and fine tune loads of predetermined and to-be-endlessly repeated content.

Mortal Online, in case you didn't notice, is different. No scripted dungeons full of mobs to be aggroed in the "right" way before the final boss, no thousands of slaying or delivering quests... It's a sandbox game.

If everything goes as planned, content will be mostly player driven, just like in EVE Online, and Ultima Online for that matter.

Finally, I can't help but think you didn't care of reading both images and texts, because it should be quite evident by both that beta started in January (as planned)  and the first, internal phase was meant to last three months and did so, as planned, whilst the second, external, "gold" beta phase will be running for another three months at least. So, it was never meant to be a one year beta, but not a 2-month beta either; and actually Darkfall one has been very small, consisting of merely hundred players until the last few days (I was in), whilst it is known that in the previous phases Starvault already tested the game with possibly a similar number although internally. We can expect a "regular" beta as far as number of players goes, Henrik personally told me they need to have a massive beta testing phase now for balance purposes.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

don't MMO's always ALWAYS get delayed at least once. so no mortal online earthrise, jumpgate etc. until 2010

My blog: image

"Usually"? Poor attempt, man. Usually does not mean anything; usually, MMO are theme park ones, and they have to create and fine tune loads of predetermined and to-be-endlessly repeated content.

Mortal Online, in case you didn't notice, is different. No scripted dungeons full of mobs to be aggroed in the "right" way before the final boss, no thousands of slaying or delivering quests... It's a sandbox game.
    If everything goes as planned, content will be mostly player driven, just like in EVE Online, and Ultima Online for that matter.
    Finally, I can't help but think you didn't care of reading both images and texts, because it should be quite evident by both that beta started in January (as planned)  and the first, internal phase was meant to last three months and did so, as planned, whilst the second, external, "gold" beta phase will be running for another three months at least. So, it was never meant to be a one year beta, but not a 2-month beta either; and actually Darkfall one has been very small, consisting of merely hundred players until the last few days (I was in), whilst it is known that in the previous phases Starvault already tested the game with possibly a similar number although internally. We can expect a "regular" beta as far as number of players goes, Henrik personally told me they need to have a massive beta testing phase now for balance purposes.

Most people consider beta when people outside the the company get to play it. Darkfall had a short beta and it was a disaster. And you think the mortal online devs are going to make the same mistake? You aren't making any sense at all.