Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst Tutorial Help Ever

MordithMordith Member UncommonPosts: 210

Seriously. If they want people to play the game, how about adding some meaningful instruction.

Comments

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Mordith

Seriously. If they want people to play the game, how about adding some meaningful instruction.

Seriously, DO the trial and PAY attention.

This is not a game like WOW which babysits you from the beginning to the end.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

iv heard otherwise, heard its a vast improvment on the old one.

and yeah, this game does not spoon fead you like other mmorpg.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• ThekandyThekandy Member Posts: 621

Yeah, the new tutorial is quite helpful, of course the first went into much greater detail but it was 4 times as time consuming.

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244

the old tutorial didnt start until you undocked, but it didnt tell you how to do that.

fantastic :) i had to do the tutorial twice because it was just a massive infodump.

• sparkyxsparkyx Member Posts: 38

Don't forget the Rookie channel,people are always glad to answer questions there.

• OBK1OBK1 Member Posts: 637

I've only played the old one and that one was confusing but informative. However, even if a game is very complicated and no-hand holding not having a good tutorial is really poor. It is no defence saying this game is not holding your hand like WoW. Sure, that is one good aspect of the game but it has nothing to do with the tutorial. A tutorial should be as easy as possible to follow while still giving you the basics of the game - then after it has taught you the basics, then being complicated is quite alright.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

OP is a troll

BestSigEver :P

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515
    Originally posted by Mordith

How about you add some meaningfull detail to your post.

Then perhaps we can determin if you have really played EvE and what you are doing wrong.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• WycliffeWycliffe Member Posts: 354

I started playing this month, and honestly I thought the tutorials were incredibly well done. The only bit of info they left out (or I might have missed) was about how to freefly(double click an empty location to align/approach), something that was quickly answered by my new friends in starter corp. From what I understand things weren't always this easy for new pilots, but after 10 combat tutorial missions I was a rat killing machine. After the mining/indy tutorials, I was quickly pulling 1mil of dense veldspar every hour with my bantham/badger setup. Also, I know how to make things incase I ever pursue that aspect of the game. Overall, great tutorial, good job CCP!

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

I still learn new things about EvE, even after 2 years of playing.

• Originally posted by cosy

OP is a troll

so quit feeding him.....

POSTED: DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!!!!

VIOLATORS WILL BE ANALY VIOLATED IF THEY DO!!