Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

could patch 3.1.0 be the most important ever ?

googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866

lets face it something is wrong in warcraft .i know a lot of people will  say theres always been something wrong but if that were true warcraft would nt be the most popular mmo on the planet . its a game thats gone through its highs and lows but its current state seams to be unpopular in game . i m noticing people are actually concentrating on leveling alts because the endgame lacks something since the lich king was released . other players are starting to play less . like myself most players still like wow and still think is the best fantasy mmo out there  ( i ll acknowlage that warhammer offers bettter pvp at the moment and lord of the rings offers a decent pve experiance ) but a lot of people are saying blizzard did nt test the lich king enough and what was initially impressive now seams to have massive faults . what appears to be happening is that the long term community is breaking down in favour of short term play . at present thats not really having much effect on player numbers because a lot of people are awaiting to see what happens in the next patch . so maybe 3.1.0 is the most important patch warcraft has seen . if they get this wrong i think theres a real chance we could see a significant decline in wows subs this year . it will be interesting to see how it all plays out and how much the addiction factor is breaking down .

Comments

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Don't worry. WoW has been ruined by every single patch and expansion ever released to the game, and it has also been completely ruined because too few patches and expansions have been released to it. And since WoW's release I've seen so many reliable eyewitness repots of most of the players quitting the game permanently that if this rate continues the whole world population must have quit WoW permanently within a few years.

Yet WoW is still doing well and has more players than ever.

And yes, people who have completed all the content are playing more on their alts and less on their mains. It's a trend started right after WoW's release, and it became more common after the release of TBC. The WoW community hasn't been destroyed by the last 20 times this happened, wich makes it unlikely that WoW community would be destroyed by it now.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lareslocilaresloci Member UncommonPosts: 373

Interesting how a couple of top bloggers  and players are quitting Big Red Kitty just announced his retirement and also Phaelia at Resto4life. Then there's Smatter and Horns at locksucks....is it spring fever or WoW burn out? Now back to reality...

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

• Blizzard has been very bold in the past.  Reducing raids from 40 to 25, then adding the whole 10/25 system with Wraith.   As a previous poster said, the biggest 'pitfall' for 3.1 is if Ulduar isn't significantly harder than Nax.   I honestly think a lot of casual players are loving Wrath so far because we are finally getting into raiding.  When people talk about a boss fight on the forums, I know exactly what they mean.  That is very refreshing for someone like me who barely saw any of Kaz and never saw any of the pre-bc raids.

But I also understand the other side of the coin.... yes, it is great for me.. but there does have to be a difficulty gradient.  Now that most players have at least killed a few bosses in Nax, and many more have finished it.. it's important that 'we' casuals hit some roadblocks in Ulduar or else the real raiders will leave.

As far as Dual-specs.  I think it is pure win.  Even if you are a dps and don't pvp (ie, no reason to dual spec).. you will see a drastic increase in healers and tanks available.  The only downfall of dual specs is that I think there will be some extra loot drama in pugs.   Like my situation... I'm dps, but I'm probably going to be speccing healer when it is needed.  Does that mean I shouldn't roll on dps gear?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yeah, I was only talking about PUGs.. and hopefully there will be NO pugs in Ulduar.  I was more talking about just heroics.. even a bad player, specced properly can heal an heroic.  I've healed Nax and Saph specced as a moonkin, so it can't be that hard.

Tanking..  I think dual specs will be just like DKs... a lot of people will try to tank once, and then give up it.  Tanking requires skill that is outside of a 'spec'... and actually DK's are the hardest to tank with now.   Bears, Pallys and Warriors all have their AOE spammable skill that is enough to get them through heroics.