Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so im 80, what now..

thanos1313thanos1313 Member Posts: 183

i finally hit level 80 on my DK..and im finding myself rather bored. i cant find any groups for reg instances, and because of that i cant get geared for heroics, or raids. im not big on PVP honestly...so, now what?

breaking news, a brawl broke out between the hogger and arthas the lich king downtown gadgetzan. there where no survivers

Comments

• KilmarKilmar Member UncommonPosts: 844

Wait for Zorndorf, he'll tell you all features wow offers

• durtondurton Member Posts: 86

Re roll a  new character, take a break from the game and do other stuff until you miss it, and/or try a new game.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Make a new character or find a new game ?

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by thanos1313

i cant find any groups for reg instances

join a guild ?

• MidniteHowlMidniteHowl Member UncommonPosts: 149

Put the game aside to collect dust until the next expansion so you can then advance another whole 10 levels hehe!

• hail2dathiefhail2dathief Member UncommonPosts: 232

Sell your account for hundreds of dollars.  Then wait for a good game to come out and buy it.

• thanos1313thanos1313 Member Posts: 183

hmm..you really think i could get hundreds of dollars for it?..how many hundreds we talking? two..three..JK, JK..dont go getting your panties in a knot anti-account sellers, and...all the good guilds i can find, are basicly asking people to already be geared for naxx.

breaking news, a brawl broke out between the hogger and arthas the lich king downtown gadgetzan. there where no survivers

• hail2dathiefhail2dathief Member UncommonPosts: 232

LOL, yeah i have been thinking about selling mine as well, since i know i won't ever play the game again.  Depending on how many chars. at 80 you could get alot.  If just the one death knight prolly 2 or 3 hundred depending on gear.  I know the feeling though i have 80 rogue and 65  DK and was even in a guild and got totally bored.  It's just the same old same old.  Hit lvl cap and raid the same garbage over and over.  I wish you luck but in the end you will be bored with it even if you get a guild and run the same raid over and ocer.  GL

well, my only other toon, that would be worth anything is 74, undead..warlock. but i got a few good things, not gear presay..but. like..im almost revered with oracles so..theres a chance of getting a mount, i already got a "~1%" mount...the white polar bear. got the rare flyer on both. but..thats about it

• IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

i finally hit level 80 on my DK..and im finding myself rather bored. i cant find any groups for reg instances, and because of that i cant get geared for heroics, or raids. im not big on PVP honestly...so, now what?

TY that is one of the MAIN resons why I left the game.

• theniffrigtheniffrig Member UncommonPosts: 351

Easy solution to your problem. You just need to grind some gold, go to the ah and buy crafted gear & some of the blue boe items that drop from the various heroics. Then you can start doing the easier heroics and get emblems. Buy the emblem epic gear, which also includes the 10 man T7 chest and glove token. Soon you will have decent enough gear to start doing naxx 10 man, and even voa 10 man. You could also "sneak" or lie your way into 25 man VOA since it is a pretty easy raid. 

Really, if you just put the time into it you could be raiding 10 man raids every week in about 2-3 weeks time. If you can dream it, you can do it!

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

To be honest i am not a huge PvP fan so i was worried about what i would do at 80 too, but then i tried Wintergrasp and it was a big turn around. It has a completely different feel to any other BG's and with the dailies there and the amount of kills to be had (especially in a 40-man raid group) the honor and rewards build up quickly so gear for heroics is pretty easy to get.

Also there are the daily heroic dungeon runs and there are always groups looking for people to join those, which is another great way to pick up gear quickly as well as money and badges.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

well, i tried wintergrasp..and, its fun..when you can move. however i dont have a good enough computer to not have lag when 50 people are standing in the exact same room.

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089

You hit 80. You've beaten the game.

You must now play through again as a Pally to earn the "Medium Difficulty" achievement..

• materva26materva26 Member Posts: 64

Your problem is you're a Death Knight. Death Knights are not only the most overpopulated pile of garbage in WoW atm, groups typically only need 1, maybe 2 for 10man+ content, and 5 man's really don't need them at all unless they are tanks. Also, with the upcomming nerfs to the class, you will be even less desired, as your utility and damage are going to drop. Sucks for you rolling up and playing a garbage class. That's what happens when you play a class everyone else plays and arent the first of that class to be at the top levels.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Did you actually enjoy each level from 1>80?

If yes then you got your money worth,you should be happy.If it was fun,then go back and try another class/race and enjoy it again from another perspective.

If 1>80 was nothing more than a race to get to 80,then you should have quit long ago,as that would mean there is no game,just a race,or at least not a game made for you.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787

No computer game is ever going to keep you interested forever, even if lots of nutcases spend years playing one of them. You've reached the end of this one so you can either keep running around doing the same stuff or just drop it and go and do something else or play another game.

Of course many people find this really hard to do after playing a game constantly for years because they then have to face reality and accept the fact that they have wasted a big chunk of their life (and a load of money) doing something that resulted in nothing.

Of course like others have said you could just re-roll another character and do it all over again. Now doesnt that sound like fun?

• NicoliciousNicolicious Member Posts: 22

This is the reason why ppl leave, they think the game is over at 80.

But it starts there, get a guild. They will gear you up.

Start pvping with a partner and get some pvp gear if that is what you wish and so on.

Farm stuff for gear through proffesions is always a good way to gear up as well.

• Lille7Lille7 Member Posts: 301

all the good guilds i can find, are basicly asking people to already be geared for naxx.

Whats the point in joining a guild that is far ahead of you in progress? Just to leech epics? Really, you should look for a guild that are just starting, or havent started raiding yet, so you can progress with them, running normals/heroics and then move on to raiding together with them.

• happytklzhappytklz Member Posts: 128

There are plenty of things to do: craft and/or play the market for goods and crafted gear; do quests you never got around to simply because they are fun; re-roll as a class you don't understand yet (I've yet to meet a player who really got the essence of all the classes, let alone the different possibilities in each); find people who like your style of roleplay if you have one - this can be tough, but not impossible.

It seems like the boredom factor kicks in as a result of seeing the game in too narrow terms.  WoW is at first glance a quest-driven game, no doubt, but that's only the easiest and most entertaining way to get from 1-80, not by any means the only way to approach the game.  First thing to do to have fun again: forget about gear and levels and PvP (other games are better at this), and instead see it as a persistent world in which you can create mini-worlds, communities, whatever.  It's way more sandbox than it gets credit for, really, it's just that hardly anyone plays it that way.  No, you can't make your own buildings, but there are empty ones in every city. Yeah, a lot of guilds are either weird or no fun, so make your own...with that many players on that many servers, there aer bound to be people who share your tastes.

Anyway, hasn't gotten boring for me yet.

Originally posted by materva26

Your problem is you're a Death Knight. Death Knights are not only the most overpopulated pile of garbage in WoW atm, groups typically only need 1, maybe 2 for 10man+ content, and 5 man's really don't need them at all unless they are tanks. Also, with the upcomming nerfs to the class, you will be even less desired, as your utility and damage are going to drop. Sucks for you rolling up and playing a garbage class. That's what happens when you play a class everyone else plays and arent the first of that class to be at the top levels.

and this is what happens when a noob gets ganked by one class repeatidly, dont worry..we all do it, i dont like pallys for the same reason, noobs need plate armour AND! those damn bubbles, and healing, and buffs to win a fight. however..i unlike you..seem to be mature enough to not take my hatred to a forum. i bet you havent even played a DK, and if you have..are just mad you..unlike other people..arent good at it. i am a DPS death knight, but i save most of my "good" attacks for bosses, like army of the undead. so please, sir..grow up and next time think before you post, and post something actually USEFUL!

• HuntnHuntn Member Posts: 284

Originally posted by Wizardry
    Originally posted by thanos1313 i finally hit level 80 on my DK..and im finding myself rather bored. i cant find any groups for reg instances, and because of that i cant get geared for heroics, or raids. im not big on PVP honestly...so, now what?

Did you actually enjoy each level from 1>80?
    If yes then you got your money worth,you should be happy.If it was fun,then go back and try another class/race and enjoy it again from another perspective.
    If 1>80 was nothing more than a race to get to 80,then you should have quit long ago,as that would mean there is no game,just a race,or at least not a game made for you.

Years ago I hit 60 with my Pally and said now what? I promptly rolled 4 other toons which I cycled through until I realize they were all headed for the same end (prior to TBC release) so I took a 2 year break. Now I'm back playing those 4 plus another having a great time. I'm realizing it's the day to day questing I enjoy. It's the journey, not the end game destination that is special for me. And it really helps that I love most WoW zones (playing as Alliance on Dalaran). I'm not a raider. I'm probably the odd duck, but cycling through 5 toons keeps me from being bored although there is some repetition in quests. And I'm having a good time working on professions. The money making professions I've run across are leatherworker, Inscriptionist, Armorsmith, and tailor It's nothing compared to the 20k gold a friend of mine has, but it's still fun. :)

-----------------------
    Past MMOs- Planetside, WoW.
    Current MMO:
    Current Games: L4D, Skyrim
    Tried- ATITD, EQ2, SoR, Vanguard,SL,LOTRO,SotNW,SWTOR.
    Anticipating- GW2, Planetside2

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by theniffrig

Easy solution to your problem. You just need to grind some gold, go to the ah and buy crafted gear & some of the blue boe items that drop from the various heroics. Then you can start doing the easier heroics and get emblems. Buy the emblem epic gear, which also includes the 10 man T7 chest and glove token. Soon you will have decent enough gear to start doing naxx 10 man, and even voa 10 man. You could also "sneak" or lie your way into 25 man VOA since it is a pretty easy raid. 
    Really, if you just put the time into it you could be raiding 10 man raids every week in about 2-3 weeks time. If you can dream it, you can do it!

Where you'll be trying to get.... yet more gear.  Doesn't that sound like fun? 

Seriously, I realized before TBC came out that WOW's core game play really is exactly what you described here, and if that isn't what a person is looking  for (I wasn't) its time to move on.

OP has to decide what he likes, if this isn't it, he's playing the wrong game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MasterRyuMasterRyu Member Posts: 26

That's a pretty easy question, Mr/Ms OP.  If you're bored, just quit.  Quit and go find a different game or hobby. 

• TadamitsuTadamitsu Member Posts: 118

you could do dailys till your eyes cross. :-)

I know many people who either raid or level a second toon.  

you could do winters grasp to get the special 1-80 gear and then make some one else get up to 80..

I leveled out one toon and then turned WLK off.

played:WoW and Eve off and on 5 years
    Tried:CoH/V, PoTBS, War, TR, STO, FE
    TOR is likely to rock