Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ys Online (Europeans Access Only)

2»

Comments

• DezeereDezeere Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Originally posted by sazabi

Originally posted by FeralLoki

Originally posted by Dezeere

European only?

what about Ukraine and Russia? Can these countries play this game? Or like KeyToPlay doing everytime - IP Ban?

Yes unfortunaly they cannot play :(

wtf i thought ukraina is part of europe lol.

as for russia... i never figured them out tbh. they always participate in european tourneys while

they are clearly not in europe. they arent in asia too however, so i guess some side has to put them under their wing : <

I thought like that too))) But unfortunately it's not ((((( Ukraine neither European no Asian country ((( *cry*

That's why we can't play most of games which requires European IP ((((

Each of us is angel only with one wing and we can fly only embracing each other.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm from Ukraine)

• AriocArioc Member Posts: 299

Wow what a let down. When I heard Y's Online I remembered playing it on my Turbo Gfx Duo and being enchanted with the world. Looking at the youtube footage of it, it feels.. I dunno very dirivitive of the anime cliche' Lineage supermodel generation.

Character in the RPG all had very unqiue looks and personalities, and this feels very generic to me. Plus the world feels very bland and lacking objects. Lots of endless landscape with tree's spaced 20 feet apart so nothing can allow a player to get stuck on it while click-to-moving, but also makes the world feel empty.

I'm really burned out on the whole over-the-top elaborate sexy armor and mega model characters with no personality.  I'd like something between the chibi style anime and the super androgenous manga style.

Arioc Murkwood
    Environment Artist
    Sad but true.

• drkldrkl Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by Arioc

Wow what a let down. When I heard Y's Online I remembered playing it on my Turbo Gfx Duo and being enchanted with the world. Looking at the youtube footage of it, it feels.. I dunno very dirivitive of the anime cliche' Lineage supermodel generation.
    Character in the RPG all had very unqiue looks and personalities, and this feels very generic to me. Plus the world feels very bland and lacking objects. Lots of endless landscape with tree's spaced 20 feet apart so nothing can allow a player to get stuck on it while click-to-moving, but also makes the world feel empty.
    I'm really burned out on the whole over-the-top elaborate sexy armor and mega model characters with no personality.  I'd like something between the chibi style anime and the super androgenous manga style.

http://www.ysonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4750

Well... As i said before try it out, the worst thing that could happen is that you spend some hours and don't like the game then delete it. As for the races that were in the game Eresia- normal size humans , Kimoan - midgets , Afrocan - supersized.

P.S. At least to me it didn't apear to be empty except in the dungeons.

• FeralLokiFeralLoki Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Originally posted by brezel

http://www.keytoplay.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5959  <<<--- lol

hehe that thread has absolute nothing to do with Ys Online, that thread is about Priston Tale 2, there isnt any bots in Ys Online yet heh :) anyway, the server for Ys Online is down right now, until 6th April, alot of content is being added to the game, and i still have some keys if anyone wanna try it out at 6th April, just go to our irc channel on Quakenet (#ysonline) and pm me there, and no dont make a thread with your email asking for a key, GO TO #YSONLINE on QUAKENET and pm me there.

• UmbralUmbral Member Posts: 1,051
    Originally posted by eight675309

Originally posted by Umbral

Originally posted by venderil

I tried it and it looks pretty cool, nice jobs, skills, etc, and graphic looks good too. Its really worth a try.

I really like the Ys serie, but the mmo look a bit like a Lineage2 mod, can you tell me if the game really resamble the Ys original games?

Dude, this is the original Y's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aZHyZyJV_s&feature=related

Eight I know the first Ys Game.

This is why I mentioned Original Ys Series or games wich include the first Ys, Ys 3 on the SNes, Origin and The Oath in Felghana.. All single player Ys games...

It would be easier to compare the Ys MMO with  recent Ys titles , it would not even be logic to compare with a game made in 1987.

And Im pretty sure you linked a video of YS 3 from SNes and not a video of the first Ys game.

Originally posted by drkl

Originally posted by eight675309

Originally posted by Umbral

I really like the Ys serie, but the mmo look a bit like a Lineage2 mod, can you tell me if the game really resamble the Ys original games?

Dude, this is the original Y's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aZHyZyJV_s&feature=related

I think he was refering to the "YS Origin" as being the "original game" , I honestly don't think that there are that many people that played the original game made in 1988.

And to answer your question Umbral... it's free to play so just download, install and play the game after the closed beta is finished to make up your mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiucZ4gg9A4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcP1BVZWaOU

No, I used Origin and  Oath in Felghana as examples because they are the most recent titles and you can play it on PC.

When I mentioned "Original Ys Games or Serie" I was referring to Ys single player games, even Origin and Oath in Felghana are similar to Ys, Ys2 and 3.

I may be wrong, but I think Eight linked a video from the Super Nes Ys game and not the first game, most western players never saw the first Ys.

Originally posted by Arioc

I am disapointed aswell.

I may be wrong, but it seems they created another Lineage 2 variation and named Ys online, there is absolute nothing in these videos that has any connection with the Ys Serie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CJh-RFq4gQ Oath in Felghana, one of the YS single player games.