Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NC Soft pumping out another MMO besides Aion

So ive been a lurker at this site for quite some time, but haven't been able to find any info or discussions about Blade and Soul by NCSoft. The game looks pretty awesome, as I am assuming the trailer released is in game graphics since you see damage numbers as well as the actual cursor at one point.

But more on point. The graphics look astonishing, and the combat system looks like it employs something similar to a fighter game (I doubt its true fighter mechanics since thats probably still a few years away) and looks like you can and jump at rediculous speeds and heights.

Anyways, I doubt I'm doing it any justice by talking right now, but you can see the trailer at youtube.com link is:

So yeah, this video has been out for a while now, and I just found it weird that no one really talks about it here, though I guess I can understand, considering all of the games that are due to release this year (this game is supposedly gunna start beta in the forth quarter of the year).

Anyways, heres hoping the game delivers on the what the trailer suggests!

PS: Looks like this game could "eventually" come to the PS3 or other platforms besides the PC (possibly the 360, though I find that even less likely than a PS3 launch)....But still, if Champions and All Points Bulletin work out (as well as the plethora of other MMOs due out on consoles this year) maybe this game could stand a chance as well

Comments

• cable13cable13 Member Posts: 3

No intentions to down you, but this information has been around for a bit. Go to mmosite, its pretty much what everyone in korea/china/whoever is waiting for

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Yup, the info has been out for a while, but glad it's something that looks of interest to you. Hopefully it will be good.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Like the others said, this is old news.  Personally, I'm much more interested in finding out what NC West and Carbine Studios are working on:

Linky....

~Ripper

• GoodAfternoonGoodAfternoon Member UncommonPosts: 252

I watched a video on it on youtube and read the wiki. It doesn't seem like it instrest me too much.

Rift

• Yeah, I realise the info has been around since the summer time, it's just that since I frequent this site fairly often I found it weird that the game didn't have it's own thread. Though like I said, I suppose the lack of discussion and hype could be kept minimal due to other MMOs more close to launch (DF, Aion, ER, etc.)

• redlanceredlance Member Posts: 35

Yea the carbine studios project is the one that they are being secretive about.

• gladosrev2gladosrev2 Member CommonPosts: 203

Never hard of it before, but it does look pretty interesting, especially the fast paced running over walls and treetops, cool stuff.

My Guild Wars 2 First Beta Weekend "reviewette" : http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4944570/thread/349125#4944570

• eldanesh117eldanesh117 Member Posts: 141
    Originally posted by Prazzy

Yeah, I realise the info has been around since the summer time, it's just that since I frequent this site fairly often I found it weird that the game didn't have it's own thread. Though like I said, I suppose the lack of discussion and hype could be kept minimal due to other MMOs more close to launch (DF, Aion, ER, etc.)

I think it's mostly because this site focuses on MMOs that are in launch in NA/EU, and other territories. Blade and Soul will probably launch in Korea first, and won't be coming to other areas for a long time, hence the low hype.

TGWTETIPTNMAITC! -Gary Whitta

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I believe this will only be released in Asia only and it wil be put on the console.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Blade and Soul is being developed for the PC initially

bnsfacts.wordpress.com/2008/08/04/this-is-game-interview-47-qa-part-2/

We only have 60 developers which is just enough to make the PC version.

a closed beta is expected in Korea Q4 2009

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303

Blade & Soul looks definatley better then AION and it doesnt look like a wow clone like AION.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

no big surprise

posted yesterday at the Blade and Soul fansite

www.bladeandsoul.org/viewtopic.php

Jobs Recuitment was announced in Official Website of NCSoft. They are looking for client developers, the background production designers and server programmers - all must have experience in console game development. Employment will close in April 30th.

• bjgladitschbjgladitsch Member Posts: 88

http://www.carbinestudios.com/

i think their website might hold a slight clue as to what thehy are working on. I dont recognize any of the graphic images used to decoratet that site

• GennadiosGennadios Member Posts: 209

When I first read the topic I was really hoping this would be about some new Guild Wars 2 announcement or something.

Video was meh. I get turned off any time I see the little floating damage counter go above 100... kind of an indication that it's another ultra high level cap MMO that uses insanely high stats to make player skill completely irrelevant. Cheers!

• dma1dma1dma1dma1 Member Posts: 82

yes this game is being made this isn't a Rumor by the way

• DopSillypantDopSillypant Member Posts: 21

I've seen that video trailer a while back, it looks very very entertaining.  If the controls were implemented well, it has potential to be amazing.  As with some asian MMOs the exaggerated body proportions and 'erotic' female clothing will simultaneously attract many players and keep many others away.

Blade and Soul is a full year behind Aion's release schedule, and US localized Aion is not even in beta yet, so unfortunately don't expect much info or access to Blade and Soul for a long long while.

She cuts me into a thousand beautiful pieces...