Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bounty Hunter - Sith only?

ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

Hunter, seeker, killer for hire

Countless enemies stand in the way of the Sith Empire’s drive for domination. The Empire spares no expense eliminating these threats, offering massive bounties to employ the galaxy’s most lethal hunters. Earning a death mark from the Empire means a life spent in fear, constantly looking over one’s shoulder. It’s never a question if a Bounty Hunter will find you… only when.

Both infamous and anonymous at the same time, Bounty Hunters are far more than mercenaries for hire—they’re heirs to a professional legacy—an ancient brotherhood with a glorious history. Tracking elusive targets across multiple star systems requires expertise, especially when the targets can be prominent, powerful, and often prepared for confrontation. Thrill seekers from all walks of life set out to become Bounty Hunters, but only the most hard-boiled survive in this

Looks Sith only to me. If it is, very disappointed in BioWare's lack of class freedom.

Comments

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

It certainly looks that way.  I thought there was going to be a Sith overpopulation BEFORE this.  I hope whatever unique Republic class they come up with has the potential to draw some of the BH wannabes away from the Sith.

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Its really too bad there is no "netural" faction. To me a Bounty Hunter should be able to pick and  choose his contracts, but Im going to wait and see how the game roles this one out. Like what was said in one of the interviews about being a good guy on the dark side and vice versa. So maybe you can be a sith bounty hunter and then go work for the Galactic Empire. If so that would give the game a whole new dynamic.

• RaiizenRaiizen Member Posts: 177
    Originally posted by D3mis3

Hunter, seeker, killer for hire
    Countless enemies stand in the way of the Sith Empire’s drive for domination. The Empire spares no expense eliminating these threats, offering massive bounties to employ the galaxy’s most lethal hunters. Earning a death mark from the Empire means a life spent in fear, constantly looking over one’s shoulder. It’s never a question if a Bounty Hunter will find you… only when.
    Both infamous and anonymous at the same time, Bounty Hunters are far more than mercenaries for hire—they’re heirs to a professional legacy—an ancient brotherhood with a glorious history. Tracking elusive targets across multiple star systems requires expertise, especially when the targets can be prominent, powerful, and often prepared for confrontation. Thrill seekers from all walks of life set out to become Bounty Hunters, but only the most hard-boiled survive in this

Looks Sith only to me. If it is, very disappointed in BioWare's lack of class freedom.

there will always be some other class to the other faction that will be alike or you choose just cause it mentions sith there doesent mean theyr sith side only etc

• segynsegyn Member Posts: 234

I don't get how you could think bounty hunters were only sith. My impression from reading it would be they were neutral class that could work towards light or dark. Yeah the sigh would be a lot more likley to hire them but they are totally independent workers. 

It says right in the description that thought the empire disapproves of bounty hunters exceptionsa are made for the ones that get results. 

I feel only jedi will be sith or empire adn everything else will be neutral that can either go dark or light.

• MercscytheMercscythe Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Originally posted by segyn

I don't get how you could think bounty hunters were only sith. My impression from reading it would be they were neutral class that could work towards light or dark. Yeah the sigh would be a lot more likley to hire them but they are totally independent workers. 

It says right in the description that thought the empire disapproves of bounty hunters exceptionsa are made for the ones that get results. 
    I feel only jedi will be sith or empire adn everything else will be neutral that can either go dark or light.

"Countless enemies stand in the way of the Sith Empire’s drive for domination. The Empire spares no expense eliminating these threats, offering massive bounties to employ the galaxy’s most lethal hunters. Earning a death mark from the Empire means a life spent in fear, constantly looking over one’s shoulder. It’s never a question if a Bounty Hunter will find you… only when."

How you can't infer they are sith-only from that I don't know. If they were also accessable to the Republic, Bioware would have made an effort to put that in the description as well.

• NarsheNarshe Member Posts: 563

That could mean that, while the main storyline for newly created Bounty Hunters might start out with the Sith, there might still be oppurtunity to change allegiances down the road.

Waiting for Fallen Earth, World of Darkness, Old Republic, FFXIV

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860

there is a whole section about "affiliations and loyalty" which i believe people are not reading. i'd be careful to reach conclusions so precipitately, because under that section not only does it not specify any particular affiliation but it clearly states the maverick nature of the bounty hunter:

Affiliations and Loyalties

Bounty Hunters are far from a homogeneous lot—they come from all species and affiliations and each pursues his quarry in his own unique way. Some Bounty Hunters adhere to the rugged Mandalorian code of honor while others answer only to their own moral compass. Some work only on behalf of organizations they agree with, while others have no sense of loyalty.

Despite being kindred spirits, fellow Bounty Hunters cannot always be trusted—among the profession’s most notorious members, competition turns colleagues into the most ruthless of enemies. Even the Bounty Hunters’ employers harbor hidden agendas; the tables are turned quickly when complications arise… and they always do. Shifting allegiances, unbeatable odds, and deadly showdowns are common in the occurrences in the life of a Bounty Hunter.

• HaukenHauken Member UncommonPosts: 649

I sure would like the option to not belong to either side. Afterall I work for the highest bidder. I dont care where my mark comes from or what he/she does. Cash on delivery or confirmation on termination is how I work.

Hauken Stormchaser
    I want pre-CU back
    Station.com : We got your game
    Yeah?, Well i want it back!!!

• fcazaresfcazares Member Posts: 190

I hate to break it to you but killing people for money is not a good or light thing. There are two sides in this conflict.. the Jedi and Republic (light side) where if you follow the SW lore Bounty Hunting is illegal and the Sith Empire (dark side) where killing people is a way of life. Seriously think it through. This game is based on story and what makes sense in the universe and people who kill for money just cannot be good or light.. it's just not possible.

• NergleNergle Member UncommonPosts: 253
    Originally posted by fcazares

I hate to break it to you but killing people for money is not a good or light thing. There are two sides in this conflict.. the Jedi and Republic (light side) where if you follow the SW lore Bounty Hunting is illegal and the Sith Empire (dark side) where killing people is a way of life. Seriously think it through. This game is based on story and what makes sense in the universe and people who kill for money just cannot be good or light.. it's just not possible.

I think a lot of people on here are still stuck in that shit of a game SWG mode. If they actually read "Bounty chronicles" and such they would know that BH in the Star Wars universe would not cross some lines no matter what the credits were up to (this included Boba and Jango).

BH had allegiences and sometimes they regretted the ones the broke. I hope Bioware makes it where if you do kill someone of your own alignment (I beleive it won't be possible) the only choice you have being around them in the end is re rolling a new character.

There has to be consequences to your actions or it will be just like that piece of shit pre CU, CU and NGE Star WOW Galaxies.

• seabeastseabeast Member Posts: 748

IM a little confused, somehow it is not ok to kill for money so that means that it is ok to kill for????? What? Let the hunter do his thing for the highest bidder be it light or dark. And do not tell me that the light side does not kill for money or some other self righteous form of value.

• ShinzouShinzou Member Posts: 34

Republic side can be light or dark, sith side can be light or dark. Being light side or dark side is not dependant on you affiliation. That being said, from my understanding by reading the info ont he website, the only classes that are dependant on faction is jedi and sith.

• saleensaleen Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Originally posted by Shinzou

Republic side can be light or dark, sith side can be light or dark. Being light side or dark side is not dependant on you affiliation. That being said, from my understanding by reading the info ont he website, the only classes that are dependant on faction is jedi and sith.

In StarWars Sith=Dark from what we seen from the movies but again this game takes back 2000 years before them.   I hope it goes more in-depth for abilities on which faction you are than just the looks. I sure hope BountyHunters are associated with a guild of its own and it could choose to what side it could work for.   Would be sweet if you could get hired from another player to slay someone else and you see a contract in the game.  Anyway, can't wait for this game.  No more elfs, dwarfs etc... MMO's.

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Wikipedia seems to be jumping the gun on this discussion. That bastard up to his old tricks again guys?

-Jive

• AlienovrlordAlienovrlord Member Posts: 1,525

It does sound like it's a Sith-side class. I guess it makes sense, they'd be more likely to allow 'legal' bounty hunters. It would be harder for the Republic to do so, but not impossible. I guess we'll have to see if the class is specific to Sith or not.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by saleen

Originally posted by Shinzou

In StarWars Sith=Dark from what we seen from the movies but again this game takes back 2000 years before them.   I hope it goes more in-depth for abilities on which faction you are than just the looks. I sure hope BountyHunters are associated with a guild of its own and it could choose to what side it could work for.   Would be sweet if you could get hired from another player to slay someone else and you see a contract in the game.  Anyway, can't wait for this game.  No more elfs, dwarfs etc... MMO's.

In the game the force unleashed the main character becomes a light side sith through out the events in the story and the girl who is an officer in the empire is also good in heart.  So ya in Star Wars you can be a light side sith.  And in the movies Darth Vadar becomes light side.  Also Reven from kotor never fell to the dark side even after he joined the sith.

The Sith icon and mentioning the Sith Empire several times in the class description while never mentioning the Republic seems to point to Sith only.

Maybe it's just a poorly written summary.  I was/am hoping the only faction exclusive classes would be Jedi/Sith.

• HorkathaneHorkathane Member Posts: 380

If there is Sith overpop it will be good for the game becasue Jedi's will be realisticly underpopulated.

• Chaos113Chaos113 Member Posts: 43

Bounty Hunter is not sith only.

This week's update says it is.

• PapaB34RPapaB34R Member Posts: 300

Theres always 2 sides of the coin, especially if its creators of Kotor. Im guessing bounty hunter may be unique but have a counterpart named spy/infiltrator or somethin, its not possible bioware would make it any way different.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by Darth_Osor

True but it also mentions your ability to betray.  Trust me your Faction Affiliation will be flexible in the sense that  you may START on one side but you can work your way into the other through story choices.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Originally posted by DeaconX

Originally posted by Darth_Osor

True but it also mentions your ability to betray.  Trust me your Faction Affiliation will be flexible in the sense that  you may START on one side but you can work your way into the other through story choices.

I think that refers to betraying the NPC who is paying you to track down another NPC...like KOTOR2 where you can agree to get the droid for Czerka on Telos and change your mind and help the Ithorians, or any of the other light side/dark side quests you take up in either KOTOR game.  The blog seemed pretty clear to be that you CAN'T switch factions, and that all classes will be faction specific.  They seem to hint that MAYBE after you finish your "story" (hit max level?) that you might be able to.