Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An idea that just ran through my head.

Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529

I played AoC shortly in late decemeber and throughout january. I really enjoyed it, though I didn't feel I had a reason to reach endgame, and sort of just stopped playing. Now an idea just raced through my head...so I figured I better write it down before I lost it.

they should add an endgame zone that is sort of like on massive wilderness. it would be an explorer's paradise. there would be new dungeons to discover and the like. There would also be areas where guilds could build and destroy small towns so that the little guilds sort of have their own claim in the world. It would be a level 60-80 zone and it would give substantial XP for killing people and for destroying/defending towns. Like I mentioned before...the zone would be massive. There would be no shiny bobbles on the map to tell you where things are. This is an uncharted Wilderness...there aren't arrows pointing you to the evil barbarian's lair. you have to discover the areas to build towns. You have to discover the new dungeons. You have to discover the area's of interest.

I think this would really add to the feeling of a barbaric and savage world and it would certainly open up more endgame and have some structured PvP other than Battle Keep sieges and it would result in more frequent structured PvP. It also takes care of the empty spaces before you hit 80.

so there we are. Just a thought that buzzed through my head. Comments would be nice =)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guys! I'm hopelessly lost in a mountain of mole hills! Them damn moles!

Comments

• Capn23Capn23 Member Posts: 1,529

I know it's not incredibly original, but I think it would open up a lot of fun opportunities.

• UnfinishedUnfinished Member Posts: 881

Hmm aren't you the guy who showed up on these forums a while back, hyping how great this game was before you ever played ?

And now you quit  before you even played the end game,  but have a bunch of ideas about what would be a better end game?

Sorry, I know I am breaking yer ballz a bit, but I think I remember a lot of folks around here warning you that one of AoC problems was small confined playfields, lacking explorability and you talked trash about 'em and called 'em Trolls, it all seems like it's rather ironic now.

Wish all you want for a 'massive exploration zone', AoC's engine can't render anything large, they chose life-like eyebrow shadows over open playfields. IMO one of the biggest reasons for it's lack of popularity.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Personally i dont like end game one bit.It is usually a cheap way to keep players hanging around.The reason is that you only have to make content for a few zones rather than the whole game.

I prefer a game that does the content so good ,that you dont mind grabbbing a new player and going though it again.I would not hang around a game to just hang out for some end game,i rather do things that are fun.

An example I join in Beseiged and Campaign,in FFXI,sure that content is sort of geared as end gane ,but i dont consider it end game,i do it because i enjoy it.Grab yourself a mob and have it fight in the arena,again kind of fun.

If each class/job is done well enough,i have fun trying out all the different classes,i even enjoy trying out different races.So you know i have about 8 players in FFXI,I enjoy all the different types of race and jobs.That shows a game does something right,when i can grab anything in the game and have fun,i am not always thinking about"God i want this over with "so i can get to end game.It 's fun to play a thief for one week,then a BArd,then a Samurai,always something totally different.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Unfinished

Hmm aren't you the guy who showed up on these forums a while back, hyping how great this game was before you ever played ?
    And now you quit  before you even played the end game,  but have a bunch of ideas about what would be a better end game?
    Sorry, I know I am breaking yer ballz a bit, but I think I remember a lot of folks around here warning you that one of AoC problems was small confined playfields, lacking explorability and you talked trash about 'em and called 'em Trolls, it all seems like it's rather ironic now.

Wish all you want for a 'massive exploration zone', AoC's engine can't render anything large, they chose life-like eyebrow shadows over open playfields. IMO one of the biggest reasons for it's lack of popularity.

They are Trolls...just for the record.

but anyway...This is an AWESOME game. I loved it. My real problem was that my bros were playing Warhammer and it's kind of boring just leveling by yourself imo. The quests were pretty interesting and I certainly enjoyed my time in AoC. I'll probably end up playing it again at one point. Right now I'm enjoying my time in WAR though.

This was just an idea to expand upon the endgame. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that endgame is obviously lacking in certain departments...even someone who didn't make it can realize that. As much as I did love this game...I realize it had and has flaws. This was just a suggestion to fix the lacking 70-80 area and add some endgame for more more action.

AoC is above WoW in my book. I just really wish I would have had people to grind quests with. My bros are usually the ones to do it with me.

and as for the "They can only make small maps" argument...then they could have a whole bunch of zones connected like the other zones...there just wouldn't be arrows and icons pointing you to the areas of interest.

the only quests you would get are to kill people...so there are no golden X's pointing you to a certain place.

• DkevlarDkevlar Member Posts: 308

I once had a great idea regarding this game... hit the cancel subscription button.

Every 3 months I make a 30 day sub. After 15-20 days my original idea kick in.

• clearSamclearSam Member Posts: 304

yes, the exploration stuff is a great idea. 

did you post it on the official forum / suggestions?

Originally posted by clearSam

yes, the exploration stuff is a great idea. 
    did you post it on the official forum / suggestions?

I don't have an active account right now, but if anyone else would like to modify my idea or elaborate...or just keep it like it is and throw it up on the official forums...please do.

• S1GNALS1GNAL Member Posts: 366
    Originally posted by Unfinished

Exactly like he said