Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Instances...

DuilyonDuilyon Member Posts: 326

I just started the game a couple days ago but so far the game seems to revolve around mostly instancing. I'm in West Athens and I run around the world map and I can't find any camps of enemies or anything. I find some empty org cities and thats it. The only enemies I can find to kill are in the subways and in mission terminals.

Does this game revolve mostly around instancing or is it just because i am such a low level?

Comments

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089
    Originally posted by Duilyon

I just started the game a couple days ago but so far the game seems to revolve around mostly instancing. I'm in West Athens and I run around the world map and I can't find any camps of enemies or anything. I find some empty org cities and thats it. The only enemies I can find to kill are in the subways and in mission terminals.

Does this game revolve mostly around instancing or is it just because i am such a low level?

You realize that Anarchy Online was the first game to use instancing, correct? Thank Funcom every time you play any instanced mmo.

As far as camps, there are dyna camps all over Rubi-ka. There are also mobs in every zone. So no, instancing is not the only way to get XP. Just most people are too lazy to actually travel the world anymore.

Get AoRK map from http://aomaps.com and install it. It has every dyna camp listed and marked. This is the direct file download:

http://aomaps.com//phpnuke/html/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=1

Install after unzipping by placing the AoRK folder into  /Funcom/Anarchy Online/cd_image/textures/planetmap and then go ingame, open the world map (P), hit the little "i" in the left top corner, and choose AoRK ( either RK1 or RK2, whichever server you play on ).

This is the best addon for AO. Has everything you would ever need marked including quest NPCs, towers, grid points, wom-pahs, etc.