Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official: Vin Desiel plays/played WoW [VIDEO]

coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

Theres always been speculation wether vin desiel plays WoW..... well it seems he does.. or did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf3GKUzaG7s go to 6:20 to hear only the wow stuff.

And even better confirmation of another Riddick film.. sweet.

Comments

• avneetavneet Member Posts: 68

God Vin Desiel freakin ROCKS :D

Even though I hate WoW, I give him major props for being more down to earth. And his reactions to the level 80 and spec. tiger, priceless :D

Drackarre-A new medieval fantasy sandbox mmorpg in development by Bungaboo.

• eosyneeosyne Member UncommonPosts: 392

he also has weekly sessions of D&D and i heard he plays magic the gathering all the time.

• CaesarsGhostCaesarsGhost Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136
    Originally posted by jackeccs

he also has weekly sessions of D&D and i heard he plays magic the gathering all the time.

he wrote the forward for one of the DnD books as well

- CaesarsGhost

Lead Gameplay and Gameworld Designer for a yet unnamed MMO Title.
    "When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• EronakisEronakis Member UncommonPosts: 2,248
    Originally posted by CaesarsGhost

EFF YES! I hope he using 4th edition. Yes like one comment said on youtube "he just got 12 million more fans". Damn right he did lol. I was thinking about working for 38 studios but I may work with Vin on his mmo! lol That would be awesome!

• eldanesh117eldanesh117 Member Posts: 141

I was actually surprised when I found out about that.

"WTF VIN DIESEL PLAYS DND?!!?"

He was probably one of the people I'd least expect to touch that stuff, lol.

TGWTETIPTNMAITC! -Gary Whitta

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

vin diesel is sucha badass, he gets 10 extra points on my meter of favorite actors.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

Originally posted by eldanesh117

if you were a large burley man getting paid the amount he gets paid... you'd act the part on screen too.  Save your nerdisms for your homelife, make the big bucks being an action star girls swoon over.

so he's smart too ;-)

- CaesarsGhost

"When people tell me designing a game is easy, I try to get them to design a board game. Most people don't last 5 minutes, the rest rarely last more then a day. The final few realize it's neither fun nor easy."

• John.A.ZoidJohn.A.Zoid Member Posts: 1,531

Yeh he used to be a skinny geek and then decided to work out. I wonder if he's geeky enough to read mmorpg.com

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I remember way back when he first started getting spotlight he was doing an interview. Well he had a highschool picture and he was actually a skinny nerd that liked to play D&D.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• nolfnolf Member UncommonPosts: 869

I found a video from the 80s years ago. It features a young teenage Vin Diesel as a dancer in a break-dance instructional video. Proof of his skinny nerd days!

www.5min.com/Video/Young-Vin-Diesel-Shows-How-to-Breakdance-11490

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• RedwoodSapRedwoodSap Member Posts: 1,235

I sense some of you want to prove that gaming is more accepted and mainstream when you hear about a personality like Vin Diesel playing MMOGs. Well sadly for every Vin Diesel there are a thousand mongrels and outcasts playing MMOGs.

I saw a Judge Judy episode the other day that dealt with a grown man and woman who met online thru playing WoW and started dating in real life. Both were overweight, the female was especially obese. Both were unattractive. Both displayed odd behavior. When they mentioned they met while playing WoW, the audience burst into laughter. I personally thought it was funny and pathetic when the guy said his current job was as a gaming consultant for Mythic. The guy is just a moderator and he labels himself a gaming "consultant".

The fact remains that MMOG gaming is still looked down upon by a majority of the public and it doesn't help when you have freaks like the two I saw on Judge Judy reinforcing stereotypes.

• luckturtzluckturtz Member Posts: 422

Originally posted by eldanesh117

if you were a large burley man getting paid the amount he gets paid... you'd act the part on screen too.  Save your nerdisms for your homelife, make the big bucks being an action star girls swoon over.

so he's smart too ;-)

He can't be that smart he was the star of the pacifier :)

• apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Originally posted by nolf
    I found a video from the 80s years ago. It features a young teenage Vin Diesel as a dancer in a break-dance instructional video. Proof of his skinny nerd days!

www.5min.com/Video/Young-Vin-Diesel-Shows-How-to-Breakdance-11490

brutal

so...

• xbellx777xbellx777 Member Posts: 716
    Originally posted by tvalentine

vin diesel is sucha badass, he gets 10 extra points on my meter of favorite actors.

same here i give him props for being so down to earth too

Originally posted by RedwoodSap
    I sense some of you want to prove that gaming is more accepted and mainstream when you hear about a personality like Vin Diesel playing MMOGs. Well sadly for every Vin Diesel there are a thousand mongrels and outcasts playing MMOGs.
    I saw a Judge Judy episode the other day that dealt with a grown man and woman who met online thru playing WoW and started dating in real life. Both were overweight, the female was especially obese. Both were unattractive. Both displayed odd behavior. When they mentioned they met while playing WoW, the audience burst into laughter. I personally thought it was funny and pathetic when the guy said his current job was as a gaming consultant for Mythic. The guy is just a moderator and he labels himself a gaming "consultant".
    The fact remains that MMOG gaming is still looked down upon by a majority of the public and it doesn't help when you have freaks like the two I saw on Judge Judy reinforcing stereotypes.

Anyone who looks to JUDGE JUDY in order to get a read on humanity is not someone who's opinion you need worry about. In fact, anyone who watches it at ALL, for any reason (other than being forced) likely falls under that umbrella.

I really hope that *insert game name here* will be the first game to ever live up to all of its pre-release promises, maintain a manageable hype level and have a clean release. Just don't expect me to hold my breath.

• Ajacks_USAjacks_US Member Posts: 37

Anyone who looks to JUDGE JUDY in order to get a read on humanity is not someone who's opinion you need worry about. In fact, anyone who watches it at ALL, for any reason (other than being forced) likely falls under that umbrella.

Whats more is most of these so called "reality" shows are all staged, everyone is told to act a certain way to increase the amount of drama. Most "reality" shows have a disclaimer (In fine print of course) that the show is purely for entertainment purposes.

It is depressing to know most people think "reality" television is in fact reality.

Originally posted by Ajacks_US

Whats more is most of these so called "reality" shows are all staged, everyone is told to act a certain way to increase the amount of drama. Most "reality" shows have a disclaimer (In fine print of course) that the show is purely for entertainment purposes.

It is depressing to know most people think "reality" television is in fact reality.

We (the roomies and I) watched "Operation Repo" on TruTV the other day... we were laughing and giggling and at a few times a little disturbed.  My one room mate was on his laptop and checked wikipedia on the topic... the whole thing is staged, it's "ReEnactments of similar events", and most the actions on the show were illegal. ...we stopped watching...

Sometimes it's not the fact you know it's fake... sometimes it just has to be entertaining.  I know "The Office" is fake and scripted, it doesn't make it less enjoyable for me.

- CaesarsGhost

Originally posted by Ajacks_US

We (the roomies and I) watched "Operation Repo" on TruTV the other day... we were laughing and giggling and at a few times a little disturbed.  My one room mate was on his laptop and checked wikipedia on the topic... the whole thing is staged, it's "ReEnactments of similar events", and most the actions on the show were illegal. ...we stopped watching...
    Sometimes it's not the fact you know it's fake... sometimes it just has to be entertaining.  I know "The Office" is fake and scripted, it doesn't make it less enjoyable for me.

Yes, but while The Office is only done in a reality TV show FORMAT, it makes absolutely no claims of being "reality TV" or real in any way. Nor is it ever categorized/avertised as such. Not only that, but there were 2 recognizable actors from other shows/movies on it from the earliest days (Steve Carell and David Koechner).

There needs to be more of a distinction between what is real and what is fake-ass hollywood crap.

I remember my father (before he died) watching Reno 911! and ranting and raving about how horrible off our world must be that our cops are now that dumb. I asked him how bad off we were that someone could be stupid enough to watch that and actually think it was real. But therein lies the problem. People have a hard enough time being on speaking terms with reality, and the stuff labeled reality TV is just spinning them off further into the abyss.

• ProdudeProdude Member Posts: 353

Just for fun................