Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: How long before DF becomes enjoyable

YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

As the thread says.

Comments

• AshrikAshrik Member Posts: 381

It's already highly enjoyable in some aspects, it's just that the aspects in which it is lacking are in categories that most people thought to be "solved" several years ago.

Despite this, it offers a type of excitement that is not found in most other games out there.

If anyone remembers my name, you'll know I shat on the game pretty good prior to release due to Aventurine's asshattery. So I'll just say this: I'm having fun with the game. My enjoyment of some of it's more unique features (player politics, pvp system etc) overshadow my disappointment with others.

• robertbrobertb Member UncommonPosts: 684

I am having a blast playing Darkfall.

So, in my view, the game is already quite enjoyable.

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

I happen to find it enjoyable in it's current state.  I'm going on a month of in game time and will re-up on the 25th plus the free days for server downtime.  Yep ..... it certainly has it's issues.  Yep ...... it could be better in several areas.  Yep ...... Tasos is still a dolt.

That being said ....... it's the only game I've found to come out in recent years that has attempted to break the queued button mash model ....... and somewhat succeeded.    It's amazing what I'll overlook to be playing something other than the same ol' MMO with a different wrapper.

~Hairysun~

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495
  • XemousXemous Member Posts: 255

haha the vote is between the trolls and the fans.

thats why everyone either voted it will never happen or its already enjoyable.

The reason people like this game is because they go into it with a certain mindset that makes the game very enjoyable.  This mindset is brought on by risk and freedom.  People that hate on this game do not understand this mindset and try to look at it from the perspective of a standard MMO these days, thats why they complain of features that do not affect this games risk and freedom..  They miss the point on what darkfall is about.

• RespitRespit Member Posts: 770
    Originally posted by Ihmotepp

100 thousand years.

Heh, good one.

< 100,000 years   ;)

DarkFall FAQ - Read then Question with Boldness

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

My vote is on 3-6 months. Currently I dont think the good enough to warrant a monthly fee but it doesnt seem to go as bad as other massive failures like Mourning and Dark and Light.

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

there should be a poll option that states: "as soon as I join a good guild"

because once you do that you will enjoy DF

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827

Maybe in 6 months but i doub that.

But if game is stable no lag and they implement more mobs make it also bit more playable for solo it could be fun.

Becouse of lack lore no complex gameplay to much savezones and alignment sucks it will prolly never be that great.

My gues is overtime in few months, many will jump ingame do some siege when finish logoff becouse there is not much to do in darkfall:(

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• EvasiaEvasia Member Posts: 2,827
    Originally posted by Xemous

The reason people like this game is because they go into it with a certain mindset that makes the game very enjoyable.  This mindset is brought on by risk and freedom.  People that hate on this game do not understand this mindset and try to look at it from the perspective of a standard MMO these days, thats why they complain of features that do not affect this games risk and freedom..  They miss the point on what darkfall is about.

What risk ?

Its even rather save with savezones run naked to next town and game is very simplistic overall its easy to master and no deep gameplay or much to do then hack and slah whole day no complex polotics involed anti vs rpk, blue can be even more evil then red wtf:P

Games played:AC1-Darktide'99-2000-AC2-Darktide/dawnsong2003-2005,Lineage2-2005-2006 and now Darkfall-2009.....
    In between WoW few months AoC few months and some f2p also all very short few weeks.

• MackerniMackerni Member Posts: 230

I think it's going to be 6-12 months, if they keep fixing and patching it up.

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by Evasia
    What risk ?
    no complex polotics involed anti vs rpk, blue can be even more evil then red wtf:P

No complex politics?   You are nothing but a blatant fucking lying troll.

I read forumfall to get some idea on who is who on Agon at the moment, but the geopolitic is just to big for me to understand. I do hope some of you ingame can make some kind of page for us outsiders. This is what I get so far, but I could be wrong so please correct me.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7388/mapmn6.jpg

Rubaiyat continent:  The mercenaris attack the smaller guilds on the continent. The smaller guilds formed an alliance called the Dusk. The Dusk alliance destroyd The mercenaris city and kick them of the continent. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otl9h4Khu2g&feature=related

Nilfheim continent: The Lod alliance attacked the Harm clan city and destroyed the bank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGSmFMc5brM

Harm formed an alliance they destroyed Lod`s city.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1oRkYPLIrk

Lod is part of the goonsalliance and got help from more clans and repelled another attack from Harm alliance today. Huge lag in these big battles. From Darkfall: "It was more then a siege it was a server wide event. Tasos was spotted at the siege as well as other AV people."

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=166139

Yssam continent: The politics on this continent is so confusing you have to read it for yourself.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=165775

In short the Hyperion alliance swam from the main continent to help siege the Varangian Guard city. The big alliance destroyed the VG city

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhpdMJAjkV0

This is just three of the small continents in darkfall. What`s going on on the mainland or Cairn continent i dont`t know.

The goonsalliance destroyed Murderherds city that`s all I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZIxFaWOaTk

Not bad for a mmo a few weeks old or what? Ohh and the risk is that some alliance can destroy what you have grinded for weeks in a night. Evasia just go back to the game you came from, this is a pvp mmo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PfSD7MBdt0&feature=related

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by Hotjazz

No complex politics?   You are nothing but a blatant fucking lying troll.
     [.....] 
    Not bad for a mmo a few weeks old or what? Ohh and the risk is that some alliance can destroy what you have grinded for weeks in a night. Evasia just go back to the game you came from, this is a pvp mmo.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PfSD7MBdt0&feature=related

You need to look at the bigger picture.  Its zerg alliance vs. zerg alliance.  In 3 months the game will probably be reduced to two alliances ( red vs. blue ).  

• AshrikAshrik Member Posts: 381

Hm that didn't happen in EVE Online. I see no reason to believe it'd happen here. You can't predict that sort of outcome.

its even rather save with savezones run naked
    Sounds representative of the newbie solo-player experience which, admittedly, sucks.
  • MoretrinketsMoretrinkets Member Posts: 730

Beta!!

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351

Don't think you can really measure this as a "how long" at the moment until we know "how fast" the devs can work. What might take a top dev team a few weeks to fix might taks a poor one several years.

Regardless, 6-12 months would be my guess.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• ganbeeganbee Member Posts: 233

Another month down! Still no invite or thread for to buy the game! No new servers and no update in site? I am waiting patiently but slowly giving up! Troll fanboy, it does not matter but where is the fcking game?

• XemousXemous Member Posts: 255
    Originally posted by Evasia

Originally posted by Xemous

What risk ?

Its even rather save with savezones run naked to next town and game is very simplistic overall its easy to master and no deep gameplay or much to do then hack and slah whole day no complex polotics involed anti vs rpk, blue can be even more evil then red wtf:P

While trying to deciepher your marvolous grammer, it seems to me you are one of the many that dont understand this freedom mindset.

You are looking at the game from the standpoint of a traditional MMO (eq and on)