Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me to choose my class:)

SimmusSimmus Member Posts: 222

Hi there,

i want to start Everquest 2 (been playing eq1 for a while), anyway,

i want a class to melee combat with high protection,and a race

who is good at tanking and taking damage:)

which one should i choose , and by the way, (you know this one coming)

which server has good population at the moment?

Comments

• SimmusSimmus Member Posts: 222

/bump , any help? :)

• LeemegLeemeg Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Simmus

Hi there,
    i want to start Everquest 2 (been playing eq1 for a while), anyway,
    i want a class to melee combat with high protection,and a race
    who is good at tanking and taking damage:)
    which one should i choose , and by the way, (you know this one coming)
    which server has good population at the moment?

High protection and melee, that leaves you with tanks.

Monk (Brawler): Good damage and some decent tanking capabilities.

Brusier (Brawler): Same as Monk, but bit more offensive that a monk. Still a tank tough.

If you want a scout, a Brigand or a Swashbuckler may be something to look at. Both are dps, but they also got a defensive stance. Although they are never there for tanking, but still good defensive to be an scout. Brigand/Swashbuckler is primarly dps and a debuffer (Brigand defensive debuffer and swashbuckler a offensive debuffer).

Races has little to no impact on actual class choice. A bit in the begning, but the bonuses are so small compared to equiment later on in the game that it has little to no impact. Choice a race you want to play :)

--
    Leemeg.

• SimmusSimmus Member Posts: 222

thank you for answering my question, i think i will go for a guardian, maybe dwarf or another

one, my last question is which server has the most people on it?

• LeemegLeemeg Member UncommonPosts: 230

thank you for answering my question, i think i will go for a guardian, maybe dwarf or another
    one, my last question is which server has the most people on it?

Can't really answer that. I'm playing ont he European server Splitpaw. My suggestion is to actual create your character in your own prime time, and see which server is listed first (or last, I don't really remember which way it sorts the server, but the point it do sort the server list based on the load at the time you create the character).

Alterantive you can go over to the official forums and see on the server forums, or ask in the general or new player forum.

--
    Leemeg.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

one, my last question is which server has the most lag on it?

I think that's what you meant, and the answer is Antonia Bayle.

Do yourself a favour and pick a mid-population server such as Mistmoore or Blackburrow. You'll be thankful for it when you hit tier 8. There are a lot of people (including whole guilds) that are happy to pay $50 USD per toon to transfer over to different servers.

• BiboraBibora Member Posts: 22

Personally i think going Guardian ain't a good choice... I have one, and comparing it for instance with SK, SK is far more fun.

But you could always try Bruiser, it seems to be a very popular choice.

In any case, my advice should be to check this site to have some ideas over classes and races:

home.comcast.net/~eq2gamedata/main.html

Above all, have fun!

The future is ours.

• ZakorZakor Member UncommonPosts: 214

I'm playing a Bruiser. He's raid geared and has his mythical and alot of AAs. I can tank okay in groups and instances and can offtank just fine in raids if the main tank and offtank dies. For emergencies you can click your mythical and can't be hurt for a short amount of time by melee damage and it heal you alot too. Also, bruisers wear leather so compared to a plate tank, your mitigation is lower but now with TSO aas, you can have the same mitigation of a very high end chain wearer and looootsss of avoidance. Yes, it will takes time to get the AAs for that but it's worth it.

DPS wise, I outdps hand down our main monk who's mythicaled too. In raids, I'm always second or third best zonewide in parses. Our assassin beat me and the wizard. If I have a dirge and coercer in my group, I can get second or very close of it every raids. I'm geared for dps and is all dps geared.

Another thing I love about my bruiser is my feign death ability... it's like a drug, once you tasted it, you'll be hooked to it. It's very HANDY and you basicly can go anywhere you want in Norrath without groups. You can also farm shinies to make money...

You only have to remember that as a bruiser, you'll never be the best DPSer or the best tank. You can do both well tho, especially once you get more AAs and gear. I'd say Bruisers need gear and AA to shine, unfortunately.

As far as raid goes, I've been in 2 raiding guild so far and I had alot to offer. I'm usally a DPSer and Offtank. I'm also used to spawn bosses with FD, click things like in VP etc... So you'd be an utility too, with FD and heal.

Best bet is to try a few classes and play the one you like the most. As far as a guardian, they don't dps very well and you have almost no chance to get into raiding because most raiding guild only need one for main tank or offtank. I know not everyone raid or are into raiding but if you want good gear, you'll have to or if you want your mythical.

I'm on Antonia Bayle server, it has tooonnnns of people and is always full and it's laggy as hell. I wouldn't recommand that server. If I would've known before, I wouldn't have created my toons on this server way back then. Now it's too late, all my friends and guild is on that server.

Good luck and welcome to EQ2!

Now playing : FFXIV
    Waiting on : TBD
    Best MMORPGs played : EQ, FFXI

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

n/m

• ClovisClovis Member Posts: 16

I would check out the racial traditions for Dark Elf, Troll, Ogre, Kerra, Barbarian if you want to be a fighter. It is true that you can be successful with any race/class combo, but some of the races have much better bonuses for a particular class than others. Darf Elf "Fury of Innoruk" is huge, as is Barbarian's increased defense when their health falls below a certain level. Kerrans get speed bonuses in and out of combat which suits the Brawler class well. Trolls and Ogres have a fear and stun resist respectively that will save your bacon now and then.