Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Class intro: Bounty Hunter

TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

www.swtor.com/info/classes/bounty-hunter

Sounds like Artisans may make some of the Bounty Hunter's gear even.

Preparation is the Bounty Hunter’s best defense, and cutting-edge protective gear is standard equipment for most Bounty Hunters. Artisans spend months and even years hand-crafting the Bounty Hunters’ heavy armor to ensure it offers superior resistance to all manner of weaponry, and that each suit will still allow maximum flexibility and versatility. Offense is just as critical as defense, however, and powerful weaponry is necessary for any Bounty Hunter who might have to shoot his way out of a messy situation. It’s not unheard of for a Bounty Hunter to spend as many credits on an advanced blaster as others might spend to purchase an entire starship.

SWG Bloodfin vet
Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Comments

• mbygonsmbygons Member Posts: 38

Thanks for the link, looks very interesting. Nice to have some videos to watch as well, even if they are a little short.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Wow. My interest in this game has just been rekindled. I'm sure many other former Bounty Hunters from SWG will feel the same way. For one, the friggin flame flower was something we were asking out of SOE for years.(yes you had a special, but you never saw it happen) If they allow us to have duel wielding pistols that would be even sweeter. I also like the idea of shifting alliances or staying if we want to along with the gear being very important. Now I don't see where it says players will be artisans but that would be nice for the many crafters out there. The only thing I'd worry about is getting into another never ending "loot" trip, but that is to be expected for playing Bounty Hunter. And that armour looks friggin sweet. I wonder if that's the Mandalorian look for the time period?

Another thing I noticed is that the scroll says you will be hunted by Bhs, which can only mean another version of PBS. Can't wait for the inevitable carebears who will come screaming murder on the offficial website because some mean player BH interupted their fun.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860

very nice; impressive mandalorian armor.

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

/humps the monitor

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

I'm glad to finally see some other professions revealed other than Jedi. I like how they also hinted at  numerous planets that missions can be taken from and the use of group play/missions with BH. By the way, was it just me or were the sounds from the flamethrower, missiles, etc. exactly like the ones used in SWG?

Now we just need them to reveal Smugglers  *crosses fingers*

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Originally posted by BaronJuJu

I'm glad to finally see some other professions revealed other than Jedi. I like how they also hinted at  numerous planets that missions can be taken from and the use of group play/missions with BH. By the way, was it just me or were the sounds from the flamethrower, missiles, etc. exactly like the ones used in SWG?
    Now we just need them to reveal Smugglers  *crosses fingers*

I've noticed lots of SWG sounds in this game since I saw the first video, most which comes from the Lucas Arts sound studio. That's why they sound alike.

SWG Bloodfin vet

• xenoclixxenoclix Member UncommonPosts: 298

It was only a matter of time that the bounty hunter was revealed :D.

My class choice is now there ^_^.

• General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868

Whether working for credits or principle, the Bounty Hunter pursues his targets with dogged determination and methodical precision. Bounty Hunters are renowned for their versatility on the battlefield and their ability to go toe-to-toe with force-users. Their legendary abilities in this arena have earned them the nickname “Jedi Killers”. Whoever they must face, however, the Bounty Hunter comes armed with the most-advanced weaponry on the black market, packing heavy firepower but always keeping a variety of tricks and gadgets ready to go.

I just wanted to bring this into the light  just incase any "Force user" skimmed over this part ... Basically some of the things you need to watch for =)

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

I still wish there were a third FACTION, so people like Bounty Hunters and Smugglers could be more 'neutral' in their dealings... but who knows maybe you can switch factions during your story. It has already been stated that a Jedi can fall and become a Sith, a Sith can be redeemed and become a Jedi... it's also been said that you can be a Sith and try to do 'good' things so why couldn't you be a Bounty Hunter and try to help the Republic from within the Sith Empire... from the sounds of it, it seems Bounty Hunter starts with the Empire.

ps whatever this mmmorpg.com 'enhanced editor' is, it doesn't seem to work at all for me :p

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• stillkillinstillkillin Member Posts: 221

class?

1 it is a profession

2 it looks stupid

3 bioware is making this into the nge 2.0

once again bioware i will say what we all feel you bioware owe us swg vets a game redo it and show us a profession system with 32+ professions and unlockable jedi

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

lol owe? lololol Does anyone really owe us anything? SWG was just a game, not like the IRS screwed you over FFS.  xD

SWG Bloodfin vet

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063
    Originally posted by stillkillin

class?
    1 it is a profession
    2 it looks stupid
    once again bioware i will say what we all feel you bioware owe us swg vets a game redo it and show us a profession system with 32+ professions and unlockable jedi

1.) This is not SWG, nor SOE

2.) Bioware doesn't owe you anything

3.)The NGE and SOE couldn't carry Bioware's jock strap.

"Get a life will you people. I mean for crying out loud, it was just a game."  Three and half years later and you folks are still whining like little girls who got raped at the prom.

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• stillkillinstillkillin Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by ktanner3

class?
    1 it is a profession
    2 it looks stupid

1.) This is not SWG, nor SOE

2.) Bioware doesn't owe you anything

3.)The NGE and SOE couldn't carry Bioware's jock strap.

"Get a life will you people. I mean for crying out loud, it was just a game."  Three and half years later and you folks are still whining like little girls who got raped at the prom.

this game needs to be just like swg pre-cu if it wants to be big and yes bioware and la owe us vets for robbing us of the greatest game with the greatest story ever told yours.

• kverikkverik Member Posts: 55

class?
    1 it is a profession
    2 it looks stupid

Why exactly does bioware owe "us" a "good swg game?" they had no part in SWG at all and tbh most of the star wars related stuff that bioware has any connection to I pretty much like Kotor / Kotor 2 and some books written by some of there higher up staff members I quite like.

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

this game needs to be just like swg pre-cu if it wants to be big and yes bioware and la owe us vets for robbing us of the greatest game with the greatest story ever told yours.

Owe us? LA, and certainly Bioware, doesn't owe us anything for SWG in any of its forms. My God, people have a twisted sense of self worth on these forums at times. If you think SWG "owes" you something, go flail yourself for attention over at the SWG Vet forums. You can join the handful there that have been doing that for over 3 years and see how much that has gotten them.

If Bioware wants to be successful, it should stick to what it does best, making epic story based games. From the looks of it, that is exactly what they are doing.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• lornjlornj Member Posts: 334

class?
    1 it is a profession
    2 it looks stupid

ive read quite a few posts since joining and this quite possibly is the dumbest pile of crap i have ever read on here. here is another classic example of some sub-human thinking this game needs to be SWG-PreCU 2.0. What the poster fails to realize is this isnt SWG in any shape form or fashion.

Bioware is making this game the way they want it to be made and nothing anyone says on any forum post is going to change their direction. so saying they "owe" anyone anything is completely absurd. quite frankly this poster should be dragged out of his house and beaten.

i too was a huge fan of swg pre cu but i didnt crap my pants when they changed it like most of the babies crying about it on here. i dealt with and continued to play the game.