Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stargate Worlds: Stargate Worlds Screenshots

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

After a period of relative quiet from the folks at Stargate Worlds, Cheyenne Mountain has released several new screenshots. Today we present those screenshots and several others that haven't yet made their way into our screenshot gallery.

Screenshot

See more Stargate Worlds Screenshots.

Comments

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

I am sorry, but is this a joke?

• maniacfoxmaniacfox Member UncommonPosts: 171

omg, are they using the same graphics engine as Duke Nukem 3D? that game is over 10 years old... and that's how these screen shots look

• danrodanro Member Posts: 7

Someone seriously needs to put this game to rest. Why beat a dead horse?

• MidavegMidaveg Member Posts: 296

Rushed development. Those faces of the SG-1 team is all so "simplified". Total disappointment :(

All canceled. Waiting on Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning.

• kevinarghkevinargh Member UncommonPosts: 9

Seems like they just scrambled to throw some screenshots together to prove the game is still in development. Everyone knows they're in financial trouble. Even Brad Wright seemed to suggest it was doomed back in January before all the lawsuit stuff came out. I love SG-1 as much as anyone but not enough to jump onto a sinking ship.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by kevinargh

Seems like they just scrambled to throw some screenshots together to prove the game is still in development. Everyone knows they're in financial trouble. Even Brad Wright seemed to suggest it was doomed back in January before all the lawsuit stuff came out. I love SG-1 as much as anyone but not enough to jump onto a sinking ship.

Well they suck at it too. These screenshots are months old!

That's why I said if this is a joke.

• ivan50265ivan50265 Member Posts: 67

Poor SGW I had hopes.

• DkompozeDkompoze Member UncommonPosts: 245

game is crap --- looks bad , plays bad,combat sucks,etc...will be a total letdown to those foolish enough to pay for it IF they release it

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556
    Originally posted by Dkompoze

game is crap --- looks bad , plays bad,combat sucks,etc...will be a total letdown to those foolish enough to pay for it IF they release it

Oh, so does that mean your In beta? Because if so, it means your breaking NDA, not a great thing to do.  Otherwise, your ignorant and basing your opinions on third hand play...

Besides, this game isnt launched, you may not even be looking at the latest shots, nor build.

• SargentWildSargentWild Member Posts: 18

I would over look the bad graphics if it delivers on its promise of good mob A.I.. I don't remember seeing purple armor in the series though. There was some armor for the "supersoldiers" from season 7, but that was black.  Leave it to game dev's to recreate an IP. On the other hand, if you don't care about the IP, it may turn out to be a good avatar based sci-fi game. (If it sees the light of day)

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

Could be worse. Series finished what feels like an eternity ago. Will anyone even be arsed to remember it for the launch?

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

lol more giant suit's this should be changed to Halo Worlds Online i had high hopes when announced but then you see this crap and think WTF

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

put simply

i am NOT intrigued

isn't the whole point of releasing screenshots or vids meant to entice you - these certainly didn't and i think i have seen most of them before

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    Originally posted by nyxium

Could be worse. Series finished what feels like an eternity ago. Will anyone even be arsed to remember it for the launch?

Alzheimer?

SG-1, last episode, original airdate: March 13, 2007 (only 2 years ago)

SG-A, last episode, original airdate: January 9, 2009 (less than 3 months ago!!)

As for the topic:

The group shot is an old one. Don't know about the rest.

I wish they just bury the whole project and let some other company get the IP instead. The devs are not capable of making something that remotely reminds of something new. And considering CME's financial problems, I don't expect much to improve either.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

I think these screenshots are "proof" that Stargate Worlds is still in development. This after all the negative news about lawsuets, being close to bankrupcy and other financial trouble that Ceyene Mountain (spelled correctly?)  is having...

• SXRchosen1SXRchosen1 Member Posts: 179

the shot looks decent, but i heard the combat is FPS autoaim....ewww......

http://acominos.evony.com <- if your bored at work :)