Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

warcraft a return

googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866

a bout of the flu and being stuck inside recently made me decide to give wow another change out of boredom . its been interesting being back after taking three months off . the guild i m in goes back a number of years i found it to be pretty dead . those players that were still left were complaing about how they felt blizzard had taken wow apart with the lich king and did nt really know how to put it together again . i found the battlegrounds to be slighly more busy than they were when i left but nowhere near the levels they once were . wow itself seams to still be very busy . i decided to start an alt on a new server because the endgame did nt seam upto much at present with everyone waiting for the new patch . i ve been having a bit of fun going over old ground while i ve been ill done a few instances but again people are complaining that the lower level instances are hard to find groups for because of the faster leveling now . i guess its all a massive rush to the endgame these days . i ve managed to hit level 33 without being ganked once . i guess thats a good thing but it also means the old areas of wow are pretty much dead now . my feeling is that wow has sort ve lost its way a bit at present . its still slicker than all the other fantasy based mmos out there at the moment and still the best of the bunch . its nice going back for old times sake but its a little like a village your outgrown nice for a visit now and again but you really dont want to stay there long term .

Comments

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

WoW is an incredibly top heavy game.

Which is expected since the game is four+ years old.

To your "nice place to visit" comment. If you were me you wouldn't ever visit.

I was a hardcore raider to me blizzard pulled a NGE on the game by removing 40 man content and closing the gap between Raider and non-raider.

Two of the best things in wow were Raiding content with 39 other players and knowing if a person couldnt kill the stuff you did they would be in blues.

Both don't apply today.

Of course this is just my opinion and im well aware more people want the more casually friendly content. I just miss the old dayz tbh.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866

it really does seam a very casual game at the moment .i guess that does work but it also defeats many objects in staying in game . i get the feeling warcarfts got its number one status by default . meaning simply non of its competitors can match its appeal . i ve managed to play wow on and off for about 4 years and i still enjoy the odd month in it . even if its one month in every three or four . inspite of its current popularity i do feel the bubble may be about to burst .

• curiousdaoccuriousdaoc Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by JGMIII

I was a hardcore raider to me blizzard pulled a NGE on the game by removing 40 man content and closing the gap between Raider and non-raider.
    Two of the best things in wow were Raiding content with 39 other players and knowing if a person couldnt kill the stuff you did they would be in blues.
    Both don't apply today.
    Of course this is just my opinion and im well aware more people want the more casually friendly content. I just miss the old dayz tbh.

I also miss the old days, but completely disagree with 40 man content having been the best thing going at the time.

I've never seen a raid where all 40 players pulled there weight consistently, 40 man content was a loot pinata where the players who actually participated carried the bads to gear. Period.

I"ve cleared all raid content the game has to offer, from start to finish, and the 40 man days are something I'll never miss again, nowadays I get to carry bads to gear by means of the arena system. Oh joy, from the frying pan into the fire we go....

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282
    Originally posted by curiousdaoc

Originally posted by JGMIII

Both don't apply today.

I also miss the old days, but completely disagree with 40 man content having been the best thing going at the time.

I've never seen a raid where all 40 players pulled there weight consistently, 40 man content was a loot pinata where the players who actually participated carried the bads to gear. Period.

I"ve cleared all raid content the game has to offer, from start to finish, and the 40 man days are something I'll never miss again, nowadays I get to carry bads to gear by means of the arena system. Oh joy, from the frying pan into the fire we go....

For me raiding with that many people was fun, as a guild leader having to break my guild into four, then two groups was just too much to bear.

We played with eachother for such a long time to suddenly need to break into 4 10 man groups then form 2 25 man groups created problems and made most of my really good players hate WoW.

I liked how fun 40 mans were and imo once you hit halfway through AQ40 every person had to carry their weight.

Did I enjoy the TBC raids? yeah but it was never the same. nothing like 40 of my favorite retards on vent all screaming when we first down KT pre-tbc lol. wasn't the same with less imo. We were like a big Cyber family that felt like blizzard forcfully came in and told us we couldnt play together anymore.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom