Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You think EQ2 is laggy???

92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

I was recently playing WoW Ob and every single server has massive lag. Its delay lag too, so when you click on something like a mercheant, it takes 2 mins for the window to pop up. Its horrible, the AH wouldnt work because of this crap. I know its OB, but I think there will still be alot of people at retail. Most people that are still playing the game love it, and most likely will buy it.

Some servers even have a waiting list just to enter your server. WoW has way to many problems, looks like its definately EQ2 for me.

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

Comments

• sirmorphicsirmorphic Member Posts: 29

Oh my lord,

Enough EQ2 addicts.  I've read through enough posts to know that it has all been said.  The difference , right now, between eq2 and wow is that EQ2 is out in retail and should be without alot of things WoW has been rid of for the last few days.

Wow is still in beta, although from what I have been told ends tomorrow.  After they did their magic, its no longer having issues, very reliable, smooth game play.  I wouldn't touch Eq2 with a 9 foot pole-personally- however I wouldn't knock it without knowing the facts.  You sir simply do not know the facts.  Good day.

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

Originally posted by sirmorphic
    Oh my lord,
    Enough EQ2 addicts. I've read through enough posts to know that it has all been said. The difference , right now, between eq2 and wow is that EQ2 is out in retail and should be without alot of things WoW has been rid of for the last few days.

Wow is still in beta, although from what I have been told ends tomorrow. After they did their magic, its no longer having issues, very reliable, smooth game play. I wouldn't touch Eq2 with a 9 foot pole-personally- however I wouldn't knock it without knowing the facts. You sir simply do not know the facts. Good day.

I played the game, final ST and OB. So I think I do know the facts. The last couple days the server has been lagging like hell. Although I did not play it yesterday or today. But friday-monday it was horrible. Go play the game and see for yourself.

Sir:

I am no idiot and do not refer to me a one.  An ignorant person would resort to name calling when they cannot find the words to express what they wish to say.

Also I Open/Close beta tested WoW you pompous know it all.  You speak without knowing the whole story, and just because you "played" the game a few days - which is what I can almost assume you did by your depth of knowledge - does not mean you know everything nor do you keep up with anything.

Again good day to ya.

• DivianDivian Member Posts: 14
    Its all about the numbers. Last I saw, a week after EQ2's release and the standard game edition already dropped to $39.99, usually it takes a month or two to drop in price. Let's face it, EQ2 only wish it had the number of customers that are lined up for WoW. Anybody can flame someone with a strong biased opinion, but I say let the games speak for themselves. In a months time, we will see what the better game will be. Remember, numbers dont lie.

• RightyRighty Member Posts: 109

A. They patched it.

B. Its not retail.

C. Your a fanboi.

I think that pretty much sums up all the responces your going to get. Future posters just put either A. B. or C. in your post. This has been an instance of the fanboi quick-reply system. Thank you.

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
    Firstly towards the actual post. I've been playing WoW for a fair while now on US servers and I'm from Australia with no lag (with the exceptions of when my isp is going crazy). Even in the citys where it did lag previously it doesn't anymore after they made attempts to fix it.

Oh and yes I too think you are a bit of a EQ2 fan image

-----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, Staff @ MMORPG.com
    [email protected]

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

I was on test server yesterday played my rogue and it was horrible, so I wanted to play my warrior on the pvP server, and it had a line to get in. This was just 3 days ago... Ill log back into the game to see how it is. Everyone was complaining about it, I wanted to make a dwarf pally so I was going to buy him his stuff, and the AH wasnt working. As far as you saying I dont know about the game, I got to lvl 23 rogue and got to my 3rd lvling area, maybe that isnt high, but I can see if I like the game from that point on or not.

Also who cares if im fan boi or not, I dont like WoW, doesnt make a difference what game I do like.

Originally posted by 9216544

I was on test server yesterday played my rogue and it was horrible, so I wanted to play my warrior on the pvP server, and it had a line to get in. This was just 3 days ago... Ill log back into the game to see how it is. Everyone was complaining about it, I wanted to make a dwarf pally so I was going to buy him his stuff, and the AH wasnt working. As far as you saying I dont know about the game, I got to lvl 23 rogue and got to my 3rd lvling area, maybe that isnt high, but I can see if I like the game from that point on or not.
    Also who cares if im fan boi or not, I dont like WoW, doesnt make a difference what game I do like.

I played the game, final ST and OB. So I think I do know the facts. The last couple days the server has been lagging like hell. Although I did not play it yesterday or today. But friday-monday it was horrible. Go play the game and see for yourself.

Hmm,

Caught ya in a fib?  I thought you didn't play yesterday or today, but now your saying it was laggy yesterday?  Sir that is incredibly funny and as I laugh at how you've been caught in a lie I will sit in my chair and relax and program some more.  Have fun.

Good day.

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

I have been playing for the last 3 days and No lag whatsoever on a heavy server.

Whatever they did it worked because I have had nothing but beautiful uninterrupted lag free game play for the last 3 days on my RP server and the PVP server. I dont know what your talking about but this game is polished and ready for the stores in my opinion.

Its not as much fun as I had at the beginning of SWG but its pretty darn good.

"When You Earnestly Believe You Can Compensate For A Lack Of Skill By Doubling Your Efforts, There's No End To What You Can't Do."

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

Lol you can come meet me in game, test server 7, sold all my stuff so I could make a dwarf pally, but AH was down. Im not lieing so dont say i am, sry if I made a mistake lol.

I was on test server 7 played my rogue and it was horrible, so I wanted to play my warrior on the pvP server, and it had a line to get in. This was just 3 days ago... Ill log back into the game to see how it is. Everyone was complaining about it, I wanted to make a dwarf pally so I was going to buy him his stuff, and the AH wasnt working. As far as you saying I dont know about the game, I got to lvl 23 rogue and got to my 3rd lvling area, maybe that isnt high, but I can see if I like the game from that point on or not.Also who cares if im fan boi or not, I dont like WoW, doesnt make a difference what game I do like.EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

A Mistake or a Lie?  I think a lie personally.  And no thanks, I prefer to work on my web hosting company rather than deal with last moments of a beta. 

ok so you wont come to the game because you know you are wrong and I made a simple mistake. I played the game, ask me any questions about it. About killing princess the boar for the bracelet in human lands, or the murloc quest that you have to get sea weed stuff from them to give to the inkeeper to make invisible potion for another npc. I played the game ::::01::

ok so you wont come to the game because you know you are wrong and I made a simple mistake. I played the game, ask me any questions about it. About killing princess the boar for the bracelet in human lands, or the murloc quest that you have to get sea weed stuff from them to give to the inkeeper to make invisible potion for another npc. I played the game ::::01::

Oh ya buddy, because I won't log in means I know I am wrong.  You got me there brotha, I just cannot compete with you so I am going to subdue to your mighty knowledge and decisive thinking as you are the man, nay the grand daddy of all knowledge that is mmorpg related *bow*. 

ROFL

--Edit:  No really lets stop this bickering, be more mature.  Just enjoy EQ2, I will enjoy WoW along with 300000 - 500000 others and enjoy every moment of it.  We all have our niches, so have a good one.

• WardooWardoo Member Posts: 47

I have to admit that during WoW CB servers were still playable. EQ2 had probably the best MMO start cause i entered the game just 3 days ago but did not find any lag at all. I don't play on the most populated servers and actually making my main on RP server but SOE made a great job considering their last project SWG which has been in fact in paid OB for 1.5 years ( i don't know about now cause left it just befre JTL was released).
    To WoW: we still have to wait to official release but taking my experiience with CB i do not expect any trouble with this game also. I think it will be a veery smooth start with minimum of lags and bugs ::::01::

<-------WARDOO------->

<-------WARDOO------->
  • cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

Hum, I've had no lag in WOW, though I do have stuttering in EQII, which is a known issue with the 6800 cards.  Wow plays perfectly for me without any issues.

Cheers

P-4 3.0, 120 HD, BFG Geforce 6800GT OC/256, 2gig Dual DDR 400 (PC3200), WinXP-Home, SBLive, CD/DVD, Gigabyte 1000 Pro board w/FSB 800, AGP 8X, 2004 GT Edition, Intel 865PE chipset, DX-9.0c and cable ISP 3mb

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    More troll and fanboi baitimage

• TheCapNTheCapN Member Posts: 36
    I have played lag-free for the last 2 days as well. It seems Blizzard HAS fixed it's problems. Can't wait for retail imageimageimageimage

RABBLE RABBLE

The Devil is in the details.

• cuzzo222cuzzo222 Member Posts: 95

Originally posted by sirmorphic

Oh ya buddy, because I won't log in means I know I am wrong.  You got me there brotha, I just cannot compete with you so I am going to subdue to your mighty knowledge and decisive thinking as you are the man, nay the grand daddy of all knowledge that is mmorpg related *bow*. 

ROFL

--Edit:  No really lets stop this bickering, be more mature.  Just enjoy EQ2, I will enjoy WoW along with 300000 - 500000 others and enjoy every moment of it.  We all have our niches, so have a good one.

Haha.Thats real mature at the end "lets be more mature"but yet you but in the last words about WoW having more players...have you played eq2?At least half of the servers are usually on full when i log on, and the rest are medium.And yes, i have also expereinced lag in WoW.No, i am not a fanboi of either, will probably not renew my eq2 supscription,play WoW for a month, and then decide which to play(really dont start to flame here saying im in love with eq2 and hate WoW cuz i dont, so if you want to flame, dont even start).  So dont say im bashin WoW.My own personal experience just like 9216544 is that i experience lag.Just because YOU didnt expereince it, doesnt mean it didnt happen.So you are not the WoW "lag know-it all" king of the world that you think you are, SIR.image

"Good Day"-snicker

EDIT-"because I won't log in means I know I am wrong"-how the hell would you know if YOU were not logged in that there wasnt lag?duh...caught ya in a lie did i? image

Ya no one can deny that the lag was bad over the weekend, people were complaining about it over the area chat, /1 w/e. I will log on again to see how it is now. But before I was put into a line of 150 people just to get into the server.

I didnt mean to offend anyone in any way, I just got massive amounts of server lag, not graphics, server.

• dougfrippondougfrippon Member Posts: 206

I was recently playing WoW Ob and every single server has massive lag. Its delay lag too, so when you click on something like a mercheant, it takes 2 mins for the window to pop up. Its horrible, the AH wouldnt work because of this crap. I know its OB, but I think there will still be alot of people at retail. Most people that are still playing the game love it, and most likely will buy it.
    Some servers even have a waiting list just to enter your server. WoW has way to many problems, looks like its definately EQ2 for me.

lol dude it's beta! They intented to overtress, overpopulate, overlag their servers, and you make an opinion on this, how pathetic is this.

Lol your right, I should take back everything I said, the beta has only been going for half a year now.

• paradymeparadyme Member Posts: 238

Originally posted by Divian
    Its all about the numbers. Last I saw, a week after EQ2's release and the standard game edition already dropped to $39.99, usually it takes a month or two to drop in price. Let's face it, EQ2 only wish it had the number of customers that are lined up for WoW. Anybody can flame someone with a strong biased opinion, but I say let the games speak for themselves. In a months time, we will see what the better game will be. Remember, numbers dont lie.

Actually if your an EQ2 subscriber and have a melee character you can go to www.eq2players.com and check your character achievements and look at your magic damage, currently I am ranked 277,731st(because I havn't used magic damage) out of alteast that many players.

• JoklemJoklem Member Posts: 6

I've been a customer of Blizzard Entertainment since Diablo, and I trust Blizzard with this.

Blizzard never deceived me.. also all the games they made were HUGE success.. Starcraft.. Diablo.. Warcraft..

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130

I find it really amazing that a guy that is in a EQ guild rather play and complain about WOW then play EQ2 which is already out....

I think it just speaks volumes about EQ2 and about the thread starter...

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith