Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Halo 3 confirmed

Halo 3 will be released February 9th, 2005. Yes, that soon. I just beat Halo 2 on Legendary a few minutes ago (God... that was hard) and after the end (yeah, right...), the credits, and the little Cortana scene, a sequence came up saying Halo 3 will be out February 9th 2005. Now, I also beat it on Normal and Heroic and I did not get this screen any of the other times.

Quite cool, quite cool.

Now, my theory on Bungi being magnificent bastards:

Bungie has had the full product ready for some time now. However, in an ellaborate scheme to make more money (which they will), they took the Halo 2 campaign and cut it in half. Now, Halo 3 is going to be a full version of the campaign. If they do this and charge $50 for Halo 3, they will be magnificent bastards.

List of demands for me to not feel raped:

1) A new human vehicle and a new covenant vehicle. Preferable a human air vehicle.

2) Way more multiplayer maps. I felt raped when I viewed those, too.

3) No more playing as the Arbitrator. Please.

4) A couple more weapons. Nothing too fancy... just a few more dual wieldable weapons.

5) The ability to switch from dual weapons to single weapons without throwing one of the duals down.

and

6) An actual end.

Comments

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

All it says is "Coming February 9th." Where did you get Halo 3 from in that sentence? It could mean a lot of things, but I'm pretty sure it does not mean Halo 3.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Achiever 46%, Socializer 33%, Explorer 33%

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

When will the Halo fanboi's see they're just gettin blackjacked from behind.

Somone really needs to come out with a authentically good FPS for the X-box so people will quit giving this game so much hype.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Originally posted by Finwe
    When will the Halo fanboi's see they're just gettin blackjacked from behind.
    Somone really needs to come out with a authentically good FPS for the X-box so people will quit giving this game so much hype.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

Half-life 2 is being ported ::::28::

But of course, a true FPS experience requires a PC.

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

Originally posted by Orcc

Half-life 2 is being ported ::::28::

But of course, a true FPS experience requires a PC.

Right. WASD keys and mouse with sensetivity cranked up. Makes for a real FPS experience.

But it's good that Halo 2 will be shown what a true FPS is like. Hopefully though Counterstrike will be in the Half-life 2 packaging.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

• stephen_sofstephen_sof Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 388

reallly acording to electronic gaming monthly there not making another halo but going to try something new

so dont spread BS rumors

"It's the darkness that brings us power"
    SOF site come join

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

they can make up to Halo 30045 for all i care, wont buy and of them

• DrakaeonDrakaeon Member Posts: 630

Actually, there is an article somewhere on the internet about how the rest of the story is made, they just chose to remove it in a tactical business marketing technique.

• stephen_sofstephen_sof Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 388

im sure there going to make a halo 3 but there taking a brake from what i read to make a diffrent kind of game

SOF site come join

• SuperZwerverSuperZwerver Member Posts: 293

there would also be downloadable new content right? From Xbox live. Maybe it's just an update coming on the 9th of february. Update will be more likely then Halo3 imo.

Flych - 70 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin - Tarren Mill (EU)
    Mediocre - 70 Undead Discipline Priest - Tarren Mill (EU)

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726
    of course there is going to be a halo 3 i beat it and it ends in the middle of the story. it doesnt finish, i dont know about it being that soon, but im positive there will be another.

• ghola88ghola88 Member Posts: 4

yup! there is halo3.

One of em who saw.

good thing is... that u can play covenant mission! Or so I heard.

Halo3 might come a bt later due to some graphics problem.

In bungie forum I saw some screenshots. Looked cool, saw somethin that looked like a human plane.It takes skill to beat the game even in easy mode. They probably think we should be some damn good players cause they think we played the other halo series and should be experienced enough. So I conclude or estimate that:

easy=normal

normal=hroic

heroic=legendary

legendary= suicide

Now thats how it is.

I was asked on what vehicle I would like too drive in multiplayer

Now ill ask u guys.image

If I find out anymore news ill post it up.image

• MegaWolfMegaWolf Member Posts: 425

I would expect a large X-Box live update. If any of you forgot they still have that. Bungie already stated on thier web page that they are taking a break from Halo and are going to try new things. Halo fans will believe anything so the game they hyped so much (and then had a sucky ending) will look good in the end.

"The main player base does not consist of people who mainly solo, yet it consists players who have decided to play an MMO in order to play and socialize with others via grouping." - MegaWolf

Playing: Vanguard SoH
    Played: EQ, Planetside, SWG, WoW, EQ2

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by jayheld90
    of course there is going to be a halo 3 i beat it and it ends in the middle of the story. it doesnt finish, i dont know about it being that soon, but im positive there will be another.

What you said.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• qurckqurck Member Posts: 91

all great things come in threes for example

1. the terminators
    2. lord of the rings
    3. american pie

but with Halo there must be a fault. give me the choice between a night on Runescape or copies of Halo 1, 2, 3 id chose Runescape any day!

We call the village idiot Mr. President