Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: Elements of Corruption Tour

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com's Stephanie Morrow recently took part in a tour of the revamp of the Lavastorm zone in Sony Online Entertainment's EverQuest II titled Elements of Corruption.

EQII Screenshot

So it was that I found myself invited along on one of the infamous EQ2 tours that I had only read about and had yet to experience first hand. I have to admit, I was quite excited. I was so excited I patched a few hours early and was ready to go (on time, at that). This latest game update (also known as GU51 for those keeping track) is so much more then just an update. EQ2 boasts an evolving and ever-changing world through their live events and this is one that pushes the envelope.

Not only are there physical changes to the zone Lavastorm itself (which you can find off of the Nektulos docks) but there are new quests, instances, gear, recipe books, raids, and a plethora of other goodies coming to the game.

Read about the Elements of Corruption Tour

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• bryan58bryan58 Member Posts: 55

Can't wait for this update!!

• mikenet707mikenet707 Member Posts: 65

There is something about EQ2 that no other game can touch and that is the amount of effort the developers put into a game that isn't WOW.  Certainly EQ2 is not bringing in the revenue that WOW is or even Conan if it is still going strong but I always enjoy the new addition they bring to the game via Free content or through an expansion. It is artistic and thought out in my opinion. I have been waiting since I first played the game four years for them to hopefully revamp Lavastorm since it was the only zone I really hated because of lay-out,difficulty,and music :-) . I know they are not changing it for that reason but I'll take what I can get. The fact that they added more raids is exciting too although I am not one of those people who have time to do them, unfortunately. EQ2 always lives up to its name by adding more quests then ever. I've never seen a game yet that matches the amount of things you can do in a game. And for the record I only play good looking MMOs. I make no claim to have played them all.  Hip hip horray !!! to the EQ2 dev team for satisfying once again and caring for those of us who enjoy the game. Can't wait to experience EoC.

• TipaTipa Member Posts: 3

Great preview!

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to seeing this go live :)

• putianputian Member Posts: 14

wow

nice

cant wait it

• VelorumVelorum Member Posts: 12

Thanks for a great review. Been looking forward to this Live Update for quite some time now and the one thing that I appreciate more than anything else is the fact the they refuse to release it until it IS READY TO GO!!! EVERY other game wouldn't think twice about just shoving something out the door no matter what state it's in just so they can point and say "See? We keep churning out fresh content" but the folks at Sony make a very hard effort to make sure they only put something out when it's as ready as they can possibly make it! Cheers for Sony and gratz to MMORPG for the great review!

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540

Nice review, I am very excited for this LU, The one thing I like about eq2 is that it is always fresh, even at its age, I played almost all the mmo's f2p and p2p and eq2 keeps drawing me back, I am also happy that in the station cash shop they are going to be adding things like cups and shirts you can order with your guild emblem and cloak on it, And am also very pleased they do not put things on station cahs that is needed to enjoy the game, wish SOE would do this for all there games as far as development and innovation go, keep up the good work mmorpg.com and eq2!!!

playing eq2 and two worlds

• AneovaAneova Member UncommonPosts: 14

I've been playing on test and test copy alot with the new changes they've made and so far i've been very impressed with it, so far this has been pushed back many times which is kinda new they have taken to heart it seems what the players are saying and are waiting even longer to let this content go live. I'm really excited to try this out on live finally. Keep up the good work!

• SlackerboySlackerboy Member Posts: 142
    Originally posted by Aneova

I've been playing on test and test copy alot with the new changes they've made and so far i've been very impressed with it, so far this has been pushed back many times which is kinda new they have taken to heart it seems what the players are saying and are waiting even longer to let this content go live. I'm really excited to try this out on live finally. Keep up the good work!

I am very glad to hear they are not simply rushing this out the door like so many companys do these days.

I am happy to let them have all the time they need to get it right and release a quality and at least mostly bug free game.

• BekkrBekkr Member UncommonPosts: 32

teeming

[tee-ming] –adjective

1. abounding or swarming with something, as with people: We elbowed our way through the teeming station.

2. prolific or fertile.

HTH

|The problem with the youth of today is that one is no longer part of it. -Salvador Dali|