Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't let SoE get their hands on this.

NCPilotNCPilot Member Posts: 49

Trust me, don't let SoE get their hands on this game, because if they do, they will shove it in the closet with MxO, SWG, Planetside, and Vanguard.  SoE has a terrible track record when it comes to treatment of MMORPGs.  MxO is the worse of all, now we don't have any Devs, and it's doubtful SoE will get us a new one.  Why don't they just pull the plug on MxO, I have no idea, but there it is.

Trust me, if you want to see this game grow and become better every year, then get someone else other than SoE.

SoE = Death for MMORPGs.

Yo

Comments

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

i would say SWG is worse of all but whatever.

• NCPilotNCPilot Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by aleos

Doesn't SWG at least have Devs?

Yo

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

last i checked soe was the one developing the game since day 1....you haters are funny

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

to late

We got your game, and were holding it hostage.........

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942
    Originally posted by NCPilot

MxO didnt have a complete game overhaul with combat change and removed proffessions there is no dev that will fix that problem

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

A bit too late.  SoE has it.

Originally posted by miagisan

last i checked soe was the one developing the game since day 1....you haters are funny

Hey, I have a very good reason to hate SoE, get a free trial for MxO, go to Recursion server, and ask around about SoE treatment of our game.   First SoE cut out Live Event Teams, then we lost Cinematics (movies), then we lost Chadwick (who was writer for the MxO story), and the only content we've gotten was recycled content, we have no animators, so forget about new and exciting combat moves or any new class.  We went from 8 to 9 servers down to 3, and now we've lost Rarebit, the only Dev who have actually kept the damn game alive for as long as it's been around. 

Do you think we'll get another Dev?  Noooo, do you think we'll get brand new content, Noooo.  We'll get nothing from SoE, because we're the red headed bastard child of the SoE MMORPG family! 

But I've been looking around, and apparently same thing been happening to other MMORPG under SoE "care" (if you can even call it that.)

SoE sucks when it comes to running and maintaining an MMORPG. 

Yo

MxO didnt have a complete game overhaul with combat change and removed proffessions there is no dev that will fix that problem

Actually we did, I think it's called CR 2.0 or something like that.  It was actually pretty successful.  We also never had Professions to begin with.

Yo

so they change 1 game in SWG, and had an Expansion in EQ that ruined it for hardcore types and every game soe makes is rubbish?

Eq2 - one of theb est mmorpgs (pve) out there. Even after they made the game update in the beginning, its alot better than it started off

POTBS - crap made by FLS, nothing to do with SOE

MATRIX - same....soe did not develope the game, it was crap before they got to it.

Vanguard - same, sigil had the game ruined long before soe started fixing it up again

The only original game SOE made was EQ2, so their developement is pretty good when building games. Though like any game, there will be updates which do not appease players (mythic, ccp, wow, etc all have had these updates).

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Hey, I have a very good reason to hate SoE, get a free trial for MxO, go to Recursion server, and ask around about SoE treatment of our game.   First SoE cut out Live Event Teams, then we lost Cinematics (movies), then we lost Chadwick (who was writer for the MxO story), and the only content we've gotten was recycled content, we have no animators, so forget about new and exciting combat moves or any new class.  We went from 8 to 9 servers down to 3, and now we've lost Rarebit, the only Dev who have actually kept the damn game alive for as long as it's been around. 

Do you think we'll get another Dev?  Noooo, do you think we'll get brand new content, Noooo.  We'll get nothing from SoE, because we're the red headed bastard child of the SoE MMORPG family! 

But I've been looking around, and apparently same thing been happening to other MMORPG under SoE "care" (if you can even call it that.)

You totally missed his point and you should get a clue by now!

DC Universe Online = SOE

They are the ones developing it! Get it?

Originally posted by Guillermo197

DC Universe Online = SOE

Thank you for actually reading what i wrote :)

DC Universe Online = SOE

Does not make my point any less valid.  I'll be laughing if within a year, SoE decides to start cutting stuff from DC Universe as well.

Yo

DC Universe Online = SOE

Does not make my point any less valid.  I'll be laughing if within a year, SoE decides to start cutting stuff from DC Universe as well.

your point is INVALID. Why? Cause you posted "Do not let  SOE get their hands on this", when it is impossible, they "own" the developement to this game, they are developing it, no other company is developing it. You are making it sound like someone else is developing the game. So sorry, but your thread title is false.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Guarantee they put a cash shop in DC Universe if it hasn't been said already which will be a huge turn off for me to try the game.

• JYCowboyJYCowboy Member UncommonPosts: 652

It was quite known that SOE took on the MxO license so they could get the DC license.  The Matrix is limited IP so they only support it until DC is online.  Expect MxO to be sunset after that, if its not already.  At SOE Fan Fair the MxO attendees get a treat.  They get to watch the first movie after someone incharge says a few words.  No, MxO is not a priority.

DC Universe Online = SOE

your point is INVALID. Why? Cause you posted "Do not let  SOE get their hands on this", when it is impossible, they "own" the developement to this game, they are developing it, no other company is developing it. You are making it sound like someone else is developing the game. So sorry, but your thread title is false.

Ok, so thread title is false, but do you honestly think that just because they developed it in house that it'll be treated better?  Please, they'll pay attention to you for awhile, but once they start on another project, DCU will be like the neglected house wife who's husband is sleeping with the local street corner worker. 

Yo

Originally posted by JYCowboy

It was quite known that SOE took on the MxO license so they could get the DC license.  The Matrix is limited IP so they only support it until DC is online.  Expect MxO to be sunset after that, if its not already.  At SOE Fan Fair the MxO attendees get a treat.  They get to watch the first movie after someone incharge says a few words.  No, MxO is not a priority.

That explains the piss poor treatment of MxO, but what about the other MMORPGs that I've listed? 

Am I the only one who see's SoE poor track record with MMORPGs?

Yo

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

DC Universe Online = SOE

Maybe you should get back to school and ask your teacher what the word development, owning IP license and owning distribution means.

Your point, your topic.... they have no value. They are not valid. You have no clue and rant about something that's just to laugh about.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

DC Universe Online = SOE

Ok, so thread title is false, but do you honestly think that just because they developed it in house that it'll be treated better?  Please, they'll pay attention to you for awhile, but once they start on another project, DCU will be like the neglected house wife who's husband is sleeping with the local street corner worker. 

Wrong, expect DCU to receive the same support as Everquest and Everquest 2.  Everything else under SOE's belt has been purchase from another developer either dirt cheap or for license deals.  Look at it this way, games that SOE has not solely developed get the red-headed step child treatment and will continue that way.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
    Originally posted by Locklain

DC Universe Online = SOE

Wrong, expect DCU to receive the same support as Everquest and Everquest 2.  Everything else under SOE's belt has been purchase from another developer either dirt cheap or for license deals.  Look at it this way, games that SOE has not solely developed get the red-headed step child treatment and will continue that way.

Which is why they deserve to lose business, which is why people shouldn't be giving them money.  But who cares right, as long as SoE waves some shiny new game in front of you, you'll still give them your money, won't you?

Yo

DC Universe Online = SOE

yup, thats the way i am looking at it. I have no interest in DCU, being a sci fi nut (EVE is my current favorite game, and i played SWG for 5 years), but i do expect SOE to treat this with the same amount of love they gave EQ1 and EQ2, and i do think it will be a very good game, though i will not play it.

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512

MxO would have died the death it deserves 2 years ago if SOE hadn't wanted the DC liscense.  Just be thankful for the life support it got.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

DC Universe Online = SOE

Which is why they deserve to lose business, which is why people shouldn't be giving them money.  But who cares right, as long as SoE waves some shiny new game in front of you, you'll still give them your money, won't you?

Haha! I don't stroke anyone's phallus . . . I play games that I enjoy and don't give a rat's ass who develops it.  Unlike some who believes that their nerd rage actually makes a difference other than to irritate everyone else on these boards.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand

DC Universe Online = SOE

no they don't....most of their games are pretty good. SWG was great for like 3 years, EQ1 and EQ2 are still great games, Planetside (small following) but extremely fun. MxO, POTBS, and VG were f'd from the beginning since they inherited it, and they actually made VG into a very good game.

What you have to remember with games like MxO and SWG...ALL DEVELOPEMENT is controlled by the IP holder, so any changes and updates have to go through WB and LA before they can even be implimented....it is one of the reasons why alot of things never turned up in SWG, and why it takes so friggen long to update and develope them.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

DC Universe Online = SOE

Kinda funny reading this thread, some people (OP mainly) have blinkers on & SoE haters turn out this tripe all the time, EQ EQ2 are the only 2 titles on their current MMO line-up that were developed only by them & both are decent titles (though EQ dropped the ball big-time after Rashere left) the others were purchased from elsewhere (VG notably in a dire state) & then "managed" them, VG being a game they had to do a quite staggering amount of development work on once acquired to get it running in some kind of decent way.

Look at Free Realms, DCU, & The Agency & SoE are doing a pretty bang-up job in the development stakes, as much as I'd like to see them pump EQ some real serious cash & development, it's old & they've largely lost focus on it & want to push for the newer titles, though there's always hope they'll look at their current line up & inject something into it of some of their new title bring them good revenue.