Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok I resubbed last night

BenGellorBenGellor Member UncommonPosts: 39

I did my transfer , To Starsider from Wanderhome , I couldnt belive Starsider was Extreamly Heavy at 11:30 est . It seems everyone transfered to the same server . So im looking forward to finding a new place to plop my house -- and get my resepc tool :) . Im a 68 officer (used to be Master Doc -- Carbineer ) . Officer kinda stinks -- so im going to respec . It seems the transfers have worked in getting pop up on the 6 servers --

Comments

• BadgerSmakerBadgerSmaker Member Posts: 629
    Originally posted by BenGellor

I did my transfer , To Starsider from Wanderhome , I couldnt belive Starsider was Extreamly Heavy at 11:30 est . It seems everyone transfered to the same server . So im looking forward to finding a new place to plop my house -- and get my resepc tool :) . Im a 68 officer (used to be Master Doc -- Carbineer ) . Officer kinda stinks -- so im going to respec . It seems the transfers have worked in getting pop up on the 6 servers --

Welcome back, BenGellor!

Let me know if you have any questions, good luck out there.

• AveBethosAveBethos Member Posts: 611

Ummm LOL, if you take 95% of the players and transfer them to 6 servers, it stands to reason that those 6 servers would see an increase in population...

This isn't rocket science.  There aren't NEW players, it's the same old 10,000 that have been paying to play this beta for years now.

• BenGellorBenGellor Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by AveBethos

Ummm LOL, if you take 95% of the players and transfer them to 6 servers, it stands to reason that those 6 servers would see an increase in population...
    This isn't rocket science.  There aren't NEW players, it's the same old 10,000 that have been paying to play this beta for years now.

Ok man I think i can figure out that this is due to Transfers , Im so glad you spent the time to tell me this ,

I was just making the comment that the transfers have fixed a major problem with this game that there were lots of servers with people playing on them because they would not pay 50 dollars to transfer to new server and didnt want to lose all there work they put into there Toons . So now we have 6 servers with population on them . Also there seems to be some new players , I cant imagine anyone who transfered being at like lvl 25 . Anyway Im still getting used to the game and again , I was able to plop my house almost in the same spot in South Corenet ,Anyway im going to give it a try again .

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

10,000 people on 6 servers or on 25 servers is still 10,000 people.

It doesn't make SWG any less broken, neglected, grindful, boring, or lacking.  If you wish to waste money paying a monthly subscription for a game that most people wouldn't play for free, be our guest.

Tecmo Bowl.

Originally posted by Thunderous

It doesn't make SWG any less broken, neglected, grindful, boring, or lacking.  If you wish to waste money paying a monthly subscription for a game that most people wouldn't play for free, be our guest.

Well then dont play it , TahDa !!!. Im not saying im going to play more then a month anyway .

Well then dont play it , TahDa !!!. Im not saying im going to play more then a month anyway .

Don't worry, most of us don't play SWG.  We only log on during our Vet Trials for a good laugh and to play some rubberbanding.

Tecmo Bowl.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

Don't worry, most of us don't play SWG.  We only log on during our Vet Trials for a good laugh and to play some rubberbanding.

got another vet reinvite in february, installed the CDs, one cd would malfunction (already sign on the wall there), install worked finally, logged in, 24hrs of patching at a slow speed waiting, flashbacks of NGE came to mind.........ummm......nah.....uninstall. 

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

Originally posted by Muke

got another vet reinvite in february, installed the CDs, one cd would malfunction (already sign on the wall there), install worked finally, logged in, 24hrs of patching at a slow speed waiting, flashbacks of NGE came to mind.........ummm......nah.....uninstall. 

I wouldn't let a scratched CD and slow download speeds from your ISP put you off returning.  Might as well have logged in and checked it out at least.

• anakinsellaanakinsella Member UncommonPosts: 228

But it sure doesn't keep you from trolling a SWG forum, for a game you seem to hate with a passion.

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

To the OP:

How is it ingame now? I have been away since the NGE.....so just wondering.

Originally posted by daarco

To the OP:

I'm not the OP, but I would certainly recommend taking a look.

If your old account doesn't have any free time (just try logging in with it), then either resub your old account or give the Free Trial a spin.

Originally posted by BadgerSmaker

To the OP:

I'm not the OP, but I would certainly recommend taking a look.

If your old account doesn't have any free time (just try logging in with it), then either resub your old account or give the Free Trial a spin.

Maybe i will! What server is "good" nowdays? I used to play on Euro-Chimera.

• gothamgotham Member Posts: 26

I play in Europe-Far Star, both servers have good population rate. Wellcome back

Maybe i will! What server is "good" nowdays? I used to play on Euro-Chimera.

Chimaera is very busy indeed, one of the most heavily populated servers.

I play there quite a bit myself.

If i would use the free trial thing now, can i also try and login with my old account there? Or do i need to find some other place to dl SWG?

Sometimes in trials there is no place to type in a account name or password.

If i would use the free trial thing now, can i also try and login with my old account there? Or do i need to find some other place to dl SWG?
    Sometimes in trials there is no place to type in a account name or password.

The trial download is the full client, so you can just log in with your old account to either see if you can get some free time or to then just subscribe.

I did try the trail, but i could not get my old account to work : (

And i didnt feel to resub or creating a new toon. So i guess i have to wait for a veteran trail.

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

I did try the trail, but i could not get my old account to work : (
    And i didnt feel to resub or creating a new toon. So i guess i have to wait for a veteran trail.

That is probably a good plan. I would suggest that you make sure your e-mail address is up-to-date with $OE/SWG so you are notified when the next free vet trial rolls around (and they do roll around frequently).

Ok Nostalga got the best of me when i resubed , I really having a hard time getting going in this game , I repeced to spy from officer , I cannot find anything that i liked as much as my master doc /carbineer  then Master BH . I looked up some guides on how to lvl from 68 on it told me to do termanal missions on Endor , and a fre Squills later , i was really not feeling the game , Crap But on the good news i was able to find a place in south corinete to drop my house , about 100m from where mine was on Wanderhome . Anyway im not sure if im going to keep going in SWG . The  freaking right click to activate your  buttion is driving me crazy , IF i  look with the right mouse key i keep stelthing and unstealthing , I got really frustrated with the interface . Well anyway , I still have my LOTRO account , 

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Ben, go to keymap in options and go to target" section, right mouse button (button 2) is binded to activate toolbar button by default, you can also select at the bottom to allow firing toolbar items from keyboard. I'm left handed and the targetting system in this version of SWG is very encumbering having to press a couple extra buttons to target, untarget, set inteded and toggle auto target and manual, it's very annoying. The interface and UI is one of the worst of any game I've played.

Originally posted by anakinsella

But it sure doesn't keep you from trolling a SWG forum, for a game you seem to hate with a passion.

I don't hate any game with a passion, it's a game.  I do dislike the fact that many of this board are misled and conned into subscribing to a game and wasting time and money.  It's not ethical. 

Tecmo Bowl.

• gothamgotham Member Posts: 26

I'm enjoying SWG, to me it's the best sci-fiction MMORPG out in the market right now, it's just my opinion, no waste of money or time for me.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Originally posted by gotham
    I'm enjoying SWG, to me it's the best sci-fiction MMORPG out in the market right now, it's just my opinion, no waste of money or time for me.
    It's basically the ONLY sci-fi game besides EVE online on the market, Tabula Rasa was the other one til it shut down last week.

2010 is going to add more titles to the sci-fi genre.

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

It may be all the same to SOE as far as sub numbers, but it makes a huge difference when you actually are able to play an MMO with other people.  Server merges are something I have always been an advocate for due to this reason.  It is very disappointing when you are paying to play an MMO and can't find anyone to play with at certain times of the day.  This was a good move by SWG.  It doesn't lessen the damage that was done to the game, but it certainly makes it playable.  I bet a decent size of people will re-sub hoping for something better due to the merges, but will ultimately leave for the same reasons they left orginally.