Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Surprisingly Interesting

HersaintHersaint Member UncommonPosts: 366

Well, thanks to some nice folks here on the boards I got a 7 day trial and now Im hooked.  I was welcomed into a Corporation and have been real busy conquering the universe one sector at a time.  Didnt think Id like the spaceship genre, but guess what...im hooked.  Give  EVE a shot if you havent already. Just wanted to start a thread to say thank you and to rally some love for EVE online.

for what its worth...one isk?

Signaturen-Creator

Comments

• MudrunnerMudrunner Member Posts: 3
    Wait till EXODUS comes out it will be even better

• HersaintHersaint Member UncommonPosts: 366

Sorry if this sounds sarcastic but, what is Exodus?  And why is it going to be good?

Signaturen-Creator

• OudoksujaOudoksuja Member Posts: 106

Originally posted by Hersaint
    Sorry if this sounds sarcastic but, what is Exodus? And why is it going to be good?

Shiva by its old name. See eve-online.com.

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791

I agree. Eve Online is a wonderful game. And the Exodus expansion looks beautiful, wait until you see the new graphical effects.
    I just love the skill system in Eve Online, not because you can learn them offline, but just because there are so many skills you can learn, there's always something new for your character to learn.

• ixproixpro Member Posts: 3

Exodus is gonna hit in a few days... Check out this link for some absolutely stunning in-game captured videos. Just keep in mind that none of the stuff you see is pre-rendered eye-candy, it really is THAT beautiful. Exodus is a free expansion to the original version of the game. I've been playing since Beta 4 (omg, how much time have I wasted already) and I'm looking forward to more fun in the future. Exodus introduces new ships, new skills, new technologies, new modules to use on your uber setups, new strategies and plenty of new goals. This is the first time when region control and "ownership" is truly gonna be possible. Give this game a try, it is really something else...

• broodzergggbroodzerggg Member Posts: 1
    i play it for few months and i think its worth a try too.

• thunderclapthunderclap Member Posts: 4

Like you someone here gave me a free 7-day trial and I got hooked. I haven't joined a Corp. yet but I've had several offers. I'm stoked to see how Exodus improves the game!

• D_shandrilD_shandril Member Posts: 116

yhea tried the free trail and im hooked to , i played many phantasy themed mmorpg, a few science fiction to but never one that looked like this one hehe , i cant say been there done that  with that game so i will probably play for a while .

you really have the feeling to be in a big universe.

the skill systeme is great (there is a lot of skill to learn and the way you learn them is original)

like someone said already if you have not tryed this game yet , you should. Maybe that you will like it much.

• HeartlandHeartland Member Posts: 103

I too love Eve and the way it is implemented, having played well over a year by now! For such a small developer to come out with a great game like this shows there is some hope for innovative designers yet. I wish some developer would make a fantasy game that appeals to me in the same way, taking their players seriously and eschewing kiddie stuff for something that actually allows me to immerse myself.

Anyways, like some people mentioned the Exodus expansion will be hitting soon, and here are a few words of advice for you new people:

1. Set a LONG skill to train before the patch is deployed. I cannot stress this enough, he he he! I think CCP are doing a tremendous job, but they don't have a stellar record when it comes to deploying large patches/expansions. A few days (or a week) post-patch tends to involve extra downtime and reboots, and this must be the biggest single update so far. *gulp*

2. Be careful on the first day(s) following the expansion. Only fools engage in any form of combat directly following a major patch!

3. Be sure to peak at the forums a bit now and then, before and after the expansion. Some changes are pretty major and can be prepared for somewhat, like tradeskills. After the expansion, check forums to spot bugs, oddities or plain changes discovered for example by the fools that DID engage in combat in the first hours, as they cry about having their ships reinbursed...

• ZipehZipeh Member Posts: 265

sound, wise advice there ..

the upgrades that effect all from coding to content to gui to gameplay tend to be full of bugs and errors; its innevitable, and unnavoidable.  expect at least two weeks of major issues, and two more weeks to get accustomed to the new game elements.  the impact of the changes / additions are not even know to the developers, as we the players always suprise them with how we use what they create and implement.  there will be nerfs, there will be extended server downtime, there will be server reboots, there will be bugs, there will be ample oppurtinities to lose those hard earned assetts.

at the same time, there will be ample oppurtinities to make a fortune before the market settles and any overly generous, or easy way to make isk is nerfed to intended levels.

and there is all the new stuff to look forward to :)

btw anyone with an account can now check out the test server and see the new grahics / effects / frame rate / gui / structures / ships for themselves. 

• HersaintHersaint Member UncommonPosts: 366

Thanks for all the bumps and info about Exodus.  Will it be out in time for Thanksgiving break? I hope they add some different ships to the Caldari; I cant stand piloting and attacking other corporations with a gigantic stapler (aka the Merlin and Moa) imageimage

for what its worth... 2 pennies?

Signaturen-Creator

• ZipehZipeh Member Posts: 265

funny - merlin is my fav looking ship in game.  i prefer caldari ships to the rest, but im ethnocentric i guess. 

there are new ships in shiva  1 destroyer for each race and 1 battlecruiser

support ships which are new as well, are just re-fitted existing ships - as are the interceptors and attack frigs in now.

also there will the Player owned structures which are race specific..

im not sure if the mining bardges are race specific or not sadly.

so you may have to get used to the existing ships.. and learn to love them.

• AlkatrazAlkatraz Member Posts: 119
    Caldari ships have allways been among the best, but the future missile "rebalance" will determine if missile boats will be the best or the worst ships to fly.

• DezgardDezgard Member UncommonPosts: 43
    well guys looks like exodus <---eve expanction is doing well over 12k players the othere day and man was it cool new ships and alot of new content in genral if you have'nt played this game give it a quick go you'll be plesanly suprized at the outcome of the game :P

to be dead is to be free so to be alive is what ?

• AlkatrazAlkatraz Member Posts: 119
    Now the scanner is usefull once again so good job ccp.