Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The good things about runescape

friidrickfriidrick Member Posts: 33

Some of you only talk bad about runescape and say how much it sucks.... but i wanna know what do you think it is that makes it a good game... what wouldn't you wanna change?

Mine is: Grand exchange, all the new looks (hairstyles and clothes), i like the games quests,the environment is fine, the new "you are here" thing on the map, the new questlist

And i can't remember anything else right now :/

Playing: WoW, Eve online, guild wars

Played: Everquest, runescape, archlord,lineage, lotro

Waiting for: Aion

Comments

• acephaloidacephaloid Member Posts: 31

I like the all the new little updates and fixes, the stuff that makes your life easier. There should definitely be more of that - smoothing out all the clunky stuff to make the game more fun to play. The new styles are cool too.

The environment is not bad, pretty good for a browser-based game.

• mmorpgmanermmorpgmaner Member UncommonPosts: 241

Grand exchange was one of the things that broke the game for me. Tbh, nothing right now is worth staying for.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

as I said, people know that the underlying reason for Jagex's motives are grim, and this determines why many people don't play runescape. its not because we hate it. it is because we ARE WISE ENOUGH to avoid it. AND WE LEARNED OUR LESSONS ON WHY WE SHOULD NOT TRUST OUR $$$ WITH A BUNCH OF COMMUNISTS!

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

I know people think I only have bad things to say about this game .. Not true.. I  used to defend the game. more explained here:

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/191461/Runescape-has-potential.html

Though I refuse to pay for a broken game. They broke it , I would be embarrassed to pay for it after what they did to it. LMAO! I can;t stand to play it now little lone pay for it.

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353

Runescape was a good game because it was one of those games that let you be anything, do anything you want. Want to be a Mage that can cook up a storm and chop a tree down like its nothing? Try Runescape. Tired of wearing a weak light armor all the time cause you're an archer? It's Runescape, just put on some plate and equip a sword and BOOM! you're a knight without any penalties for "using weapons and armor not associated with class".

What really drew players was how Runescape played. In all it played as if you were actually a hero living in a actual world. In a way Runescape was just like real life, except set in some fantasy medieval land. There was free trade, you actually got a job such as fishing and selling fish among other things when you couldn't go questing. There were no set of mount of skills and no classes, just like it would be in real life. You start out blank and train in whatever you want, just like real life. Runescape kept that real feeling, but all in all it blended fantasy in well so you didnt get frustrated.

Runescape was every D & D player's fantasy. You got to be a hero in a basic, Pure D & D type world.

That points to the only serious runescape players we have today and their "mindset". Those people who play for the skillcape. This sets the statement " If you are into runescape, you have to go for the skillcape". The Evil tree is just the latest of these gadgets aimed for the skillcape. Not my problem, but I know what to do when I see a runescape addict in real life. heh

Originally posted by Blissey

as I said, people know that the underlying reason for Jagex's motives are grim

And what are those motives exactly?

Don't take my word for it- go see it yourself-they're dumbing down the game. Don't know that? Go see for yourself.

About a year ago, I'd have totally agreed with you. The game was in a vicious cycle where the more they tried to baby the younger players, the more younger players joined, so the more they had to nanny them and so on and on.

I think they are trying to get out of that now, realised its not working and has given them a lot of headaches. Problem is, it won't be easy.

Nope they are not trying to make it mature , but they are going in a diffrent way. The way of dumbing the game down further- the deal is, they are trying to make it LOOK good. That is the process that is going on right now, this instant. Mike gerhard is not going to turn the game into a better game in my opinion but a game that would be totally for kids. You know it's all about the EGO, and out of all age groups, kids have the biggest of them all.

So Jagex says

"here's the plan. try to uncensor some words from the block list, add indirectly lame updates such as the evil tree, and keep making Q&A's to make people and players alike feel that there is"PROPHECY " in this game;that runescape has found it's savior, and that more kids will come- kids who blindly believe anything as long as it concerns the skillcape"

No joke here.The second stage would be when people get their hopes up, and start believing when truth is he hasn't done anything to remedy the effects of the disaster, but he's just trying to cover it up-your way. Talking about MG, why trust the guy if he doesn't even think out of the box. Previously we had a thread here talking about what people would do if they were CEO of Jagex. There were many positive answers, solutions, and concrete plans concerning the game. If you were wise enough you would know that long term players know much more than MG. A group of vets could make a million more effective solutions rather than just doing Q&A's and such. HOW? WHY? because we  really  know how runescape works after years of playing it! When did MG start playing? 2006? 2007? my goodness, this guy just got the trend from Jagex. Not my problem though. If Jagex really wanted REAL HANDS ON solutions, they would go to the forums, look at those deleted posts in the archive, start writing them down, and start taking advice. Slowly they would find out how the IP ban works and they would apologize to the players, take off trading limit, restore the wilderness into a full out warzone, and sit back and relax.

Mike gerhard is not going to turn the game into a better game in my opinion but a game that would be totally for kids.
    That's almost the complete opposite of what he said, but anyway...
    You know it's all about the EGO, and out of all age groups, kids have the biggest of them all.
    Please explain, what do you mean by ego in this context?
    So Jagex says
    "here's the plan. try to uncensor some words from the block list, add indirectly lame updates such as the evil tree, and keep making Q&A's to make people and players alike feel that there is"PROPHECY " in this game;that runescape has found it's savior, and that more kids will come- kids who blindly believe anything as long as it concerns the skillcape"
    Small steps, that's all, doesn't mean they've stopped walking
    No joke here.The second stage would be when people get their hopes up, and start believing when truth is he hasn't done anything to remedy the effects of the disaster, but he's just trying to cover it up-your way.
    If and when that happens then they will entitled to complain, but I wait for someone to fail before I abuse them for doing so
    Previously we had a thread here talking about what people would do if they were CEO of Jagex. There were many positive answers, solutions, and concrete plans concerning the game.
    And I bet there were as many idiotic or self-centred suggestions
    If you were wise enough you would know that long term players know much more than MG.
    They know what they want, sure, but can they speak for everyone?
    A group of vets could make a million more effective solutions rather than just doing Q&A's and such.
    Like I said, small steps. And I don't disagree that vets have really good suggestions but I know that they aren't necessarily always feasible ones.
    HOW? WHY? because we  really  know how runescape works after years of playing it! When did MG start playing? 2006? 2007?
    It doesn't really matter, he isn't the one writing the game, he's running the business. Totally different. I'm pretty sure Iddison has NEVER played RS in his life.
    If Jagex really wanted REAL HANDS ON solutions, they would go to the forums, look at those deleted posts in the archive, start writing them down, and start taking advice.
    See above. Anything good/original//clever/feasible has been taken on board. No doubt. The rest is discarded because it has to be discarded.
    Slowly they would find out how the IP ban works
    Who would find out how the IP ban works?
    and they would apologize to the players,
    Has already happened
    take off trading limit, restore the wilderness into a full out warzone, and sit back and relax.
    Everyone wants this but seriously, I mean seriously, these things weren't removed out of sheer bloody-mindedness and they aren't prevented from being restored by sheer bloody-mindedness. They can't be brought back until they work properly. People being exploited left, right and centre is no basis for a game. If they'd continued in that way all that would be left of RS is a bunch of scammers, hackers and gold-farmers; scamming hacking and gold-farming in a world devoid of anyone else.

• SimiswimmSimiswimm Member Posts: 127

I'm not going to quote that huge block of text, but I would like to say this:

Yes, I believe veterans could do a much better job than Jagex has been doing. Let me just give an example: I for one would update the macro detection. Then with better detection, they wouldn't need to restrict free trade. How hard is it to catch a macro? Believe it or not, it's fairly easy. I have played several games where they automatically ban you for running a macro, without any moderator interaction.

A. Detect repeated actions, within the same area, and never differing.

B. Detect mouse clicks in a pattern, on the same pixel or differing pixels.

C. Detect running processes on a person's computer, and ban users if a disallowed application is running.

D. The majority of organized macro users can be traced by large money transfers and a number of accounts being played within an area simultaneously.

E. Detecting the IP addresses of a user computer-side so they can't hide behind a proxy and get around IP Bans.

F. Check the validity of a credit card before accepting it, there's plenty of ways to do this.

G. If the macro is smart enough to change it's actions, patterns, and even it's own application checksum, name, title, and virtually everything about it, and drag the mouse in a human pattern and respond to text, and even defeat random events (which is extremely hard to do, but has been done) then there's one last option: Actual customer support.

I'm in college learning about programming, and even I know how to do this sort of thing.

You're yet another person looking for every way to defend Jagex's actions, and it's nothing new that hasn't been done before.

Originally posted by acephaloid

Mike gerhard is not going to turn the game into a better game in my opinion but a game that would be totally for kids.
    That's almost the complete opposite of what he said, but anyway...
    You know it's all about the EGO, and out of all age groups, kids have the biggest of them all.
    Please explain, what do you mean by ego in this context?
    So Jagex says
    Small steps, that's all, doesn't mean they've stopped walking
    No joke here.The second stage would be when people get their hopes up, and start believing when truth is he hasn't done anything to remedy the effects of the disaster, but he's just trying to cover it up-your way.
    If and when that happens then they will entitled to complain, but I wait for someone to fail before I abuse them for doing so
    Previously we had a thread here talking about what people would do if they were CEO of Jagex. There were many positive answers, solutions, and concrete plans concerning the game.
    And I bet there were as many idiotic or self-centred suggestions
    If you were wise enough you would know that long term players know much more than MG.
    They know what they want, sure, but can they speak for everyone?
    A group of vets could make a million more effective solutions rather than just doing Q&A's and such.
    Like I said, small steps. And I don't disagree that vets have really good suggestions but I know that they aren't necessarily always feasible ones.
    HOW? WHY? because we  really  know how runescape works after years of playing it! When did MG start playing? 2006? 2007?
    It doesn't really matter, he isn't the one writing the game, he's running the business. Totally different. I'm pretty sure Iddison has NEVER played RS in his life.
    If Jagex really wanted REAL HANDS ON solutions, they would go to the forums, look at those deleted posts in the archive, start writing them down, and start taking advice.
    See above. Anything good/original//clever/feasible has been taken on board. No doubt. The rest is discarded because it has to be discarded.
    Slowly they would find out how the IP ban works
    Who would find out how the IP ban works?
    and they would apologize to the players,
    Has already happened
    take off trading limit, restore the wilderness into a full out warzone, and sit back and relax.
    Everyone wants this but seriously, I mean seriously, these things weren't removed out of sheer bloody-mindedness and they aren't prevented from being restored by sheer bloody-mindedness. They can't be brought back until they work properly. People being exploited left, right and centre is no basis for a game. If they'd continued in that way all that would be left of RS is a bunch of scammers, hackers and gold-farmers; scamming hacking and gold-farming in a world devoid of anyone else.

1. Why trust him? Have you seen his actions? Once again, that's your choice because I am a man who believes in what I see, and I don't see any progess pointing towards being a mature game. Get this straight- he's a puppet and he KNOWS what he's doing! Simply because he says so doesn't mean it is true. So why believe him? Are you deceived? LOL

2. I DONT have to explain this because it's pretty obvious that kids and early teens have the biggest EGO of all and you know it. lol.Don't try to cross me on this one. Go make an observation then a hypothesis before questioning me.

3.Small steps? You think that "steps" means a positive thing?....eh.....There are many kinds of steps mind you. Steps to making a game better, steps to making a community better, steps to developing more content, steps to reduce profanity, steps to create order , steps to thwart the economy, and the most important of all steps to ignorance. Tell me now,  oh wise one, how can you even tell what steps they are taking or how "big" or "small" their steps are when the trading limit is still there? I have been playing rs for 7 years now, so I know much much more than you .Let me tell you a little secret. Back in 2006 as I remember they considered to add several things which didn't come into action. These were guns, firelances,  and weather. Then just this month, MG mentioned adding weather again. I just said "lulz" I really pity those who still pay for this inconsistent service! You know why I said that? because I relied on my experience, learned my lessons, and finally decided it was FUBAR. Now tell me in all your infinite wisdom, why pay for a company which limits basic trade? simple as that. I want a proper answer -an answer that takes experiences, NOT some answer copied directly from MG's list of crap.

4.Mind you he's doing it already. It takes common sense to see this things. Do you use your common sense?  Do you even have common sense now? Tell me then out of all those suggestions he got in the list+ FORUMS+ emails, why the evil tree? What does the evil tree have in relation to the trading ban and the reason why I avoid the game? once again, answer with experience , not some crap off MG's list.

5. Everyone, this person acephaloid called our suggestions to improvement idiotic and self centered. How  effin ignorant is that? Once again, hold your tongue, and refrain from starting a fight because you don't know what you are talking about- you don't even know who you're talking to. Learn respect little woman. Here let me post a full list from the thread:

Posted by DEVILISCIOUS:

mwahaha! I could never work for someone else ever again.. I am spoiled that way. Besides .. I mean a girl like me comes in there with all those brits with muffins up their.. and holy hell would break loose. LMAO.

1.first thing I would do would be add no chat filter options.

2. then I would ban all accounts from kids under 13.. That would be my witchhunt! hahahaha!

3. Then I would perma ban all players that walk around saying " reported"

4. then i would bring back wilderness and free trade.

5. then I would sell gold from the gamesite to pay for more staff for customer service and run off gold sellers at the same time.

6. I would give the faceless noobs faces.

7. I would change the music to rob zombie and hatebreed.

8. I would give players real rewards for their levels and accomplishments that kicked major monkeybutt.

9. I would start hosting massive war tourneys giving the winning clan real cash prizes.

10. I would speed up everything in the game, spawn rates, chopping rates everything . Give it all a serious adreneline shot.

11. I would make all items in game tradeable and stackable except player reward items.

12. I would add a "kick in the butt emote" and a "punch in the face emote".

13. I would give players monkeys that ran to the banks for them and you didn;t have to pay them.

14. I would put players pins on their accounts when they logged in instead of just their banks so that they didn;t have to bank all their junk to log out.

15. I would set up vendors selling concert tshirts in lumbridge.. why ? I have no idea .

16. I would set up an ingame court with a mod judge and a jury of their peers for minor game offenses. Players would then decide the fate of the defendants. defandants could be then tied to trees on karamja for a determined sentence.. could be indefinate if so decided by the judge, where players could then throw food or small rodents at them.

17. I would expand the chat system to work more like msn messenger. You could block people you don't want to talk to right then, or just allow people you want talk to when you want to talk to them. .. with voice and cam options.

18. I would Pay people for fighting each other so that players that like pvp can just pvp all they want win or lose they get paidd for it and never have to stop having fun to go earn $.

19. I would make an engineering skill where people could build catapults and cannons and fortresses and use them to fight in the wilderness.

20. I would add tabbed banks where you can name your own tabs and put those items in there for orgainzation and expanded space, EDIT 09/06/08 ( omg they actually implemented one of my ideas.. how many years later?!) I had only been asking for this for like 6 years?

...... well that is just my top 20 I would do a whole lot more to the game if I got a hold of it though ... People would be all like " Runescapes gone evilll!!" mwahahah!

Next 20...

21. I would redesign all the armor in the game because it looks terrible.

22. I would add a tailoring skill so that players could make their own clothes.

23. I would make every item in game craftable except player reward items.

24. for the players with the highest stats in each skill in game would get a statue with their name on it in the guild and town of their field.

25. I would make the armor , weapons and clothing customizable, salvageable and upgradable.

26. I would offer a premium service that allowed players to play on private servers, but those characters and cash would be kept out of the main servers. ( this would put a dent in mopar) Players on private servers could manipulate content and stats, but none of it could access the actual game servers.

27. I would set prices in the game according to the difficulty and the time it takes to obtain them, so that everyone always gets a fair price for their items, and make the market so that the market buys the item for the same price that it sells it for instantly, no more waiting to sell items at all, so that no matter what people like to do in the game they can make $ having fun.

28. I would add a "stockbroker " type mini game where people could buy low sell high like throwing out on the floor at wallstreet.. to take care of the merchanting withdrawls and make that profitable for those who love to do that.

29. I would bring back gambling and make more areas for people to gamble other than just duel arena, they could gamble on games at the gameroom as well. And add games there like poker , blackjack and dominoes.

30. for holiday events i would make competitive events where people can compete for more prizes. I would also bring back the previous years holiday events every year as well, so you get all the old ones and the new ones to choose from during the holidays.. start hating on the drop in phats .. wouldn't matter because all items would have been player made as well! But hey .. they were free once to begin with... before the update though of course I would let people cash them in for current values if they choose.or mark all the "old items " so they have their price stay the same they would still be the originals just there would be new santas, halloween masks, and crackers every year.

31. I would instead give players "birthday gifts" for how long they have played the game. Special items to commemorate how long they have played the game, that could only be obtained by the date they created their player. These gifts would be player appreciation gifts.

32. when a player reaches 99 in any skill you would receive a special useful item , a title and a morphing immortal image that you could walk around, play, fight, do anything in your "earned immortal form" larger than other characters. Like for prayer they could be an angel, for slayer they could be a demon.. ect

33. when a player reaches maxed combat stats they can perform the immortal trials to become a full immortal.

34. when players logged into any world they would see a messege telling them how many immortals are present on that world. for example " there are 5 immortals present in your world."

35. I would add more zones to the wilderness that allowed for death matches, fortress wars, and ship wars.

36. wilderness fortress wars would allow for clans to build a fortress and defend it against other clans.

37. shipbuilding would be a new skill that could be done at ports and players could fight their ships in game.

38. I would allow players to make multiple accounts and trade between them as they want.. If they want to pay for 15 memberships why stop them? More money for the developers.

39. I would make more in game rescources so that players didn;t have to fight over one tree, or one ore.

40. I would make more group needed to succeed activities in the game, so that at higher levels clans would have more things they could do as teams.

and I could go on and on .. LOL!

41. I would add more combat skills, and have a "combat skill tab" seperate from noncombat skill tab listing skills.....

Posted by Matt269:

If I had this job, I would do several things.

1. Bring back the old wilderness. - That's obvious.

2. Take out the Lumbridge Tutors. - They're pointless.

3. Fix the graphics considerably. - Give the players actual faces and improve the look of armor.

4. Make alot of the npcs have more than one purpose.

5. Increase the general store prices.

6. Increase the prices of rares.

7. Remove trade limit and staking limit.

8. Remove the safety classroom and jail but keep the dungeon.

9. Update the music, with actual music.

10. Unmute all the muted players.

11. Add some more phrases to the Quick Chat.

12. Remove all the useless items out of the game. - Ashes, burnt fish.

13. Make the higher level monsters have better drops.

14. Give more rewards for being a higher level.

15. Make summoning better.- Better summoning animations and monsters.

16. Improve the specials of a lot of items. - Abyssal whip, Sara Sword.

17. Make all the hats not make you look bald.

18. Give some of the skillcapes better emotes and have way better bonuses. Hunter, Slayer, and Farming need work.

19. Fix Castle Wars.

20. Get rid of all the pointless minigames. - Trouble Brewing, Vinesweeper, That one in the desert.

21. Ban all accounts played by kids under 13.

22. Improve the look of spells.

23. Give the Crystal Bow a special. - Ice Arrow ( frezzes target for 15 seconds)

24. Increase the limits from 5% to 20% on the GE.

25. Make it so you can use summoned familiars in any combat area, not just mulit-combat.

26. Make more quests that are part of existing storylines.

27. Fix that chat filter.

28. Make a hard quest where the rewards equal to 1000k coins, 100k exp in 3 skills, access to new prayers and spells, and a new area.

29. Make the game full screen.

30. Keep clan wars and bounty hunter, while putting back the old wilderness, but making bounter hunter like the fight pits ( so there is no danger) and givng 100 coins and 1000 exp in 1 skill for every person killed, ( but you can't kill the same person twice)

Posted by Blissey:

-Add day/night timezones

-Add weather

-Return the game to what it was before 12/10

-Make a whole new player model with very realistic features, like in Half Life 2. I swear.

-Get rid of player mods, and instead have COPs(citizens on patrol) who can add black marks to someone who breaks the rule.

-Make girls look sexier and more pretty, for boys I would improve things like: height and facial hair.

-add basic medieval vehicles such as mounted horse, mounted wagon(which can carry 8 people), steam operated vehicle.

-Install an In-Game radio which plays diffrent radio stations hosted and prepared by Jagex (rock,smooth jazz, Dance, Ska, pop, rap,new age, love songs, classical) OF COURSE they will be Dolby BGM quality music, scored by a real orchestra and live bands.

-Ability to get married.

-I would allow people to share emails, to tell each other's names, and to be sweethearts....at their own risks.

-as a leader I would be patrolling this game day and night. I will be responsible and honest.

-Medals for veterans- *Runescape Loyalty award 1 year.

*Master's Medallion- for those who have been playing 3 years

*silver award- for those 4 years

*Golden award- for those more than 5 years

-I would make the road network more impressive and much bigger so that people will be inspired to buy horses, dragons, wagons, steam cars to drive around in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6.In this forum, veterans know their business and it's just not ranting for no reason.  As I said, I speak from my experience and that's up to others whether they consider it or not. Not my problem. I consider this a challenge anyway. Now tell me why do you consider this "MG" as your savior? Can you speak for him as well?

7.Feasble?  is this a construction project? is there BIDDING involved? where in the hell is the contract? Where we gonna build the next bridge? Oh no! We need to ask permission from the government so that we could improve this area! OH NO! HURRY Lol, feasable..... First and foremost, what was considered feasble BY JAGEX 7 years ago is still awaiting pre-construction until now. Give me a full analysis on this then I will believe you and by the way, steps doesn't mean "positive" "savior" "new life" "new age". Get over it - it's over hyped.

8. Trust me, all of them have played runescape. ' Nuff said. They could have hired a veteran anyway. Simple as that.   It doesn't need any overhyped crap.

9. Good, original? What kind of person would think that the evil tree would be original ? Heck I've seen the same thing in adventure quest. Those questions he picked out? He picked out those questions because they were neutral, not changing, thus you see, by this simple experience I can say that RS is going to the kids. Alright  Ill consider your Good/clever/Original thing. Guess what it's Good/clever/original only to the kids. Don't take my word for it-see for yourself- then answer me with legit answers not some derived from MG's list of crap ok?

10. Of course I don't have to-you don't have to- but Jagex could consider this as a solution to the trade limit. Whats yours, wise one???

11.Nope, that was not  an apology, more of like a trick. You see, it's not only MG who has to apologize, it's every single one of Jagex's staff that needs to apologize! Lol, keep on defending Jagex and Ill just keep laughing.

12. So what if there's a bunch of gold scammers hackers and crap? Who cares? as long I avoid them? Common sense here, it IS our choice to avoid scammers and hackers. It IS our responsiblity to report them . It is our job to scream " help scammer" or "scammer!". But the removal of trade ? That wasn't our choice. Once again Scamming, hacking, etc....was a personal problem, but destroying the main purpose of the game was a  all around catastrophe. Meditate upon these words and free yourself of that sheer bloody-mindedness of yours. There were lots more solutions rather than destroying the trade system, nuff said.

Conclusion: All this posting and ranting makes me feel like deviliscious, but she did her job now it's time to do mine.

Ooh owned. I wanted to make a post like that, but college work is forcing to make my posts rather short due to time constraints...

Ahh I see, well at least you're having a good time now isn't it? That guy/girl/whatever acephaloid sure knows how to mock things and degrade what she doesn't know about. Not my problem though, as long as I follow my road and rely on the lore provided by faithful vets.

OK there's a lot to respond to here and I simply don't have to time to go through all the points you all made but if you really want me to I will, just not right now.

First off, I did not demean veterans or anywhere in my post suggest that the comments and suggestions made by veteran players who understand the game were stupid, nor did I degrade any specific ideas. Please re-read my post. What I said was that for every good idea suggested there would be just as many that are rubbish and unworkable.

What I assume is that all the good ideas are filtered out, read, considered and mulled over. If they can be used, why wouldn't they be? There must be a reason.

I think the thing you really wanted an answer to was how I can state all this and "believe all this crap" or however you put it that MG spouts and why don't I think he is a liar?

Because I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I won't be extending it for ever and there will a limited time period in which he will have to prove himself (to me, obviously, anyone else's opinion is their own and I don't care to try and change it) before I decide that he has failed.

You have your opinion. It's perfectly valid, just as mine is.

I'm not trying to defend MG, I don't care what people say about him, but I'm defending my own position - a rule I stick to in life - wait and see what happens and then react, not the other way around.

There was a lot else that was said and can't respond to it all now but in summary I was misunderstood about vets. They know a lot more than I do and I respect them. It wasn't vets I was digging at, it was idiot noobs who bitch and whine because no one is listening to their ideas, when their ideas are crap and won't work.

As for the Evil Tree. yeah, it ain't my cup of tea either. I'm waiting for some better content but I think it will take a bit of time to be released certainly more than the month since the changeover took place. Like I said, I'm waiitng for it, I won't wait for ever but i will for the time being.

In response to the poster who thinks I'm someone who just blindly defends Jagex regardless. I disagree, read my other posts and you'll see I have criticised them too and I will continue to do so, when I think it's appropriate but not just for the sake of it.

In response to the poster who thinks I'm someone who just blindly defends Jagex regardless. I disagree, read my other posts and you'll see I have criticised them too and I will continue to do so, when I think it's appropriate but not just for the sake of it.

I would be much more likely to believe you if I wasn't constantly finding loopholes in your arguments. Almost every post of yours I have read, (in which you write verifiable information), I go onto Google and search it. And guess what? It's usually wrong. If you based your posts on facts instead of assumptions and/or rumors, I'm sure you'd get a lot further in these discussions.

OK there's a lot to respond to here and I simply don't have to time to go through all the points you all made but if you really want me to I will, just not right now.
    First off, I did not demean veterans or anywhere in my post suggest that the comments and suggestions made by veteran players who understand the game were stupid, nor did I degrade any specific ideas. Please re-read my post. What I said was that for every good idea suggested there would be just as many that are rubbish and unworkable.
    What I assume is that all the good ideas are filtered out, read, considered and mulled over. If they can be used, why wouldn't they be? There must be a reason.
    I think the thing you really wanted an answer to was how I can state all this and "believe all this crap" or however you put it that MG spouts and why don't I think he is a liar?
    Because I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I won't be extending it for ever and there will a limited time period in which he will have to prove himself (to me, obviously, anyone else's opinion is their own and I don't care to try and change it) before I decide that he has failed.
    You have your opinion. It's perfectly valid, just as mine is.
    I'm not trying to defend MG, I don't care what people say about him, but I'm defending my own position - a rule I stick to in life - wait and see what happens and then react, not the other way around.
    There was a lot else that was said and can't respond to it all now but in summary I was misunderstood about vets. They know a lot more than I do and I respect them. It wasn't vets I was digging at, it was idiot noobs who bitch and whine because no one is listening to their ideas, when their ideas are crap and won't work.
    As for the Evil Tree. yeah, it ain't my cup of tea either. I'm waiting for some better content but I think it will take a bit of time to be released certainly more than the month since the changeover took place. Like I said, I'm waiitng for it, I won't wait for ever but i will for the time being.

I would recommend you answer the questions because I still want the analysis. Anyway, it's really like a government system you see. They have so much projects so much do to, yet they don't want to use their brains and start getting the show on the road. There is no finanicial problem/situation blocking the implementation of their projects, it's mostly laziness and the fact that they are too focused on child's psychological, social, mental health. They don't care if adults are playing, they usually say "kids first" and I already mentioned the reason for that. Thus, "lazy" updates such as the Evil Tree, Nerfing BH, the planned removal of SOS and the removal of  some non profane words. But what exactly is keeping them like this? The mind set perhaps? Is it the way they think? Is it some kind of advanced/adopted retardation? I don't know. Maybe you can answer that one for me. Anyways, I will consider your response, but answer the questions next time. I know you're not as hard headed as I am or others......and that's great. I suggest you get one of the elder scrolls games. Be it IV or III, as a psychologist that's my prescription for you.

Originally posted by Simiswimm

I would be much more likely to believe you if I wasn't constantly finding loopholes in your arguments. Almost every post of yours I have read, (in which you write verifiable information), I go onto Google and search it. And guess what? It's usually wrong. If you based your posts on facts instead of assumptions and/or rumors, I'm sure you'd get a lot further in these discussions.

Guess what, she only uses MG's lists as her guide and as her launching point so...I tend to see that and take control of that fact, thus the more valid answers. Well, I have no problem with that really. it's actually an advantage for me.

Almost every post of yours I have read, (in which you write verifiable information), I go onto Google and search it. And guess what? It's usually wrong. If you based your posts on facts instead of assumptions and/or rumors, I'm sure you'd get a lot further in these discussions.

Thanks, can you give me some specific examples that you'd like to me to respond to, so I can identify what I should clarify or correct?

Blissey - I don't really want to go through the points that MG made already again, as you have said we've done that now and there's really no further point in discussing them further because until something happens I can't know whether they are lies or not. I didn't get a chance to talk about your suggestions but I happen to agree with many of them.

I fully intend to talk discuss more interesting aspects of RS, Jagex and especially MechScape (when there is something to talk about) rather thanthe PR announcements of late, but I did talk about them in response to your original post.

In another post you mentioned that you thought I might be blinded by MG's charisma and fooled by the stuff he has stated. Believe me, I'm really not. I'm one of the most deeply cynical people who could ever meet but since I'm aware of that, I usually counter it with a overdose of optimism - maybe too much optimism. I will wait in hope that at least some positive changes are made to RS...soon.

As for Elder Scrolls, I'm not sure what I think of it. I was a little bit disappointed with The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and it has kind of put me off the franchise but maybe I'll give it another shot as I am looking for something to emerge myself in.

Almost every post of yours I have read, (in which you write verifiable information), I go onto Google and search it. And guess what? It's usually wrong. If you based your posts on facts instead of assumptions and/or rumors, I'm sure you'd get a lot further in these discussions.

Thanks, can you give me some specific examples that you'd like to me to respond to, so I can identify what I should clarify or correct?

Blissey - I don't really want to go through the points that MG made already again, as you have said we've done that now and there's really no further point in discussing them further because until something happens I can't know whether they are lies or not. I didn't get a chance to talk about your suggestions but I happen to agree with many of them.

I fully intend to talk discuss more interesting aspects of RS, Jagex and especially MechScape (when there is something to talk about) rather thanthe PR announcements of late, but I did talk about them in response to your original post.

In another post you mentioned that you thought I might be blinded by MG's charisma and fooled by the stuff he has stated. Believe me, I'm really not. I'm one of the most deeply cynical people who could ever meet but since I'm aware of that, I usually counter it with a overdose of optimism - maybe too much optimism. I will wait in hope that at least some positive changes are made to RS...soon.

As for Elder Scrolls, I'm not sure what I think of it. I was a little bit disappointed with The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and it has kind of put me off the franchise but maybe I'll give it another shot as I am looking for something to emerge myself in.

No matter how hard I try, I can never be as good as James Randi lol.Im such a ......... Anyway I have to admit you are more mature than me  when it comes to this and I am and always hard headed. Although it can be harsh sometimes, reality is the same. Don't mind the rest of the stuff because I already get your point. I understand that you are an optimist(that's great) and I am little pessimistic  and I understand that you are just being honest about yourself. Sorry for misjudging you.  Oh and by the way I was disappointed with ES IV too. Looks like we have a similarity. Ill try my best to be an a little more positive on the bright side..

Thank you for clarifying that. Btw I shouldn't have launched a personal attack on you, I was just pissy before because of some schooling crap. Sorry.

• TussTuss Member Posts: 103

I like that there is just so much to do in the game, even for the free players.

I lost all my dignity a long time ago.

Yeah, alot of "SKILL" to do. lol...

• TussTuss Member Posts: 103

Yeah, alot of "SKILL" to do. lol...

Exactly.

I lost all my dignity a long time ago.