Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ibuypower vs newegg

ckylapeckylape Member UncommonPosts: 24

The last rig I built was about 1.5 years ago, and I haven't been following hardware since. So now I'm looking into getting another computer and making my old one for business. I was messing around on newegg and building a i7 rig and for some reason I checked out ibuypower (I've always been strictly newegg) and the two rigs I had in my checkouts were almost identical and after shipping newegg was about 40 dollars more expensive.

The difference is essential the shipping (newegg being about 4 days and IBP 7-14 days), but back 2 years ago it seemed that newegg was about $ 100.00+ less than ibuypower.

Has it been this way for awhile? If so has anyone on here every bought a ibp rig, how was/is it?

Waiting for:
Blizzards Next MMO in 2014, lol

Comments

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

I got my PC, monitor, 42 inch HDTV and some cables from newegg which all came right on time with great prices also free shipping. 

• NoobkilarNoobkilar Member Posts: 175

tigerdirect is also a good supplier.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

PowerPC brand computers have a horrible return policy directly with their company.  You will have more luck buying PowerPC computers from newegg since they will honor warranties.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

Newegg is always the superior choice

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• hvc801hvc801 Member Posts: 987

Do not go with ibuypower.com...

The first gaming system I purchased was an ibuypower.... Then I had to upgrade it- video card, memory... etc.  basic upgrade.  That was the first time that I have opened up the computer case to mess with the innards.  They DO NOT know how to wire a PC... There were birds nests of wires everywhere... Found and took out 3 unnecessary wire connectors.  

The cases start to break, made from cheap plastic that rattles... I would give Ibuypower a 4-10...

Strictly newegg.com .. I like in New York so when I order parts it always comes next day since they have a warehouse in New Jersey.

What if Paul Revere was like the boy who cried wolf....?

Originally posted by Hazmal

What does he say when people ask what he did? "My mommy was irking me yo - I wanted to keep pwning nubs on my xbox, so I roughed her up with a hardshell. That is just how I roll."

• xKrNMBoYxxKrNMBoYx Member Posts: 165

I'd say stick with newegg.  It has fairly lowest prices compared to TigerDirect even though both are great.  IBuyPower isnt that good.  If you want to get one get it from newegg as their returns, and shipping is better even for a little more.