Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2's economy

csides88csides88 Lineage II CorrespondentMember Posts: 26

Hey guys, I am the game correspondent for Lineage 2 and my next article is going to be on the state of Lineage 2's economy. I wanted to open this thread for discussion on the economy. Please give feedback. Thanks!

Comments

• robbykl1415robbykl1415 Member Posts: 294

Wow I'm just on a roll today.....actually I'm at work with nothing better to do but to post so that's what I am doing.

Lineage 2 economy in one word is expensive.

But in its defense its not all that hard to make money. I mean honestly I can make a couple hundred thousand adena in like a day if I try hard enough. Its not that bad honestly, with the introduction of common items for the lower levels it has really cut down on the actual time you have to go out and farm adena, but you do have to farm sometimes none the less. But idk I think there are problems with every game that has a economy that leans heavily on the player based sales. I mean to be honest I think that L2 would fix a lot of the economy problems if they just incorporated a player ran auction house. Well not so much player ran, as the devs would have to monitor what was actually going on, but kind of like how FFXI does their auction house where the prices of stuff go up and down with supply and demand. Kind of like the American economy. Idk just my thoughts and my opinions.

The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced.-
    Frank Zappa

• csides88csides88 Lineage II CorrespondentMember Posts: 26

Good points. I agree NCsoft is trying to do something to help the economy, unfortunately; they can't get rid of the ebayers :(

• bjgladitschbjgladitsch Member Posts: 88

Unforutunately..NCSoft is reluctant to add auction houses to its games.  Guild Wars and Lineage II are prime examples of great games with loyal playbase but whose economy is run out of spamming trade channels or player to player transactions.  Both games are in serous need of auction houses but we all know that NCSoft will not add them no matter how much the players beg for it nor how much it would help stablize both games economy.

I started playing Lineage II when i got the 3 months free when TR closed...and while i like the game...its just WAYYY too expensive for a starting or lower level toon to afford anything really decent. I found it hard to get reasonable prices on items and without the auction house in which to compare prices..you cant tell if you are getting ripped off or not. 

So yeah..my number one complaint is..no auction house to help stablize the ecomomy

• demollusdemollus Member Posts: 8

I agree with the some aspects of the posts before, but I have to focus on the objective of L2:

The game is meant to be hardcore. Hardcore for leveling and hardcore for making adena. So, in my view, it turns the game into a more rewarding experience. That's what I think, that's why I play (basically).

So much have been done for low level players, but ,even so, those things didn't change the essence of Lineage. I don't think an auction house could change the economic balance of the game so drastically, but, yes, it could help... It is a very hard subject to write about, so stay ahead of the L2 news, because everything may happen (included nothing )...

"My knowledge is beyond my powers"

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I am all for the auction house but I would also want the ability to set up a player shop too. I just dont like leaving my game running all night when I am sleep and all day when I am at work just to sell stuff.

As for the price of things I see it like this. If you pay for something you will eventually sell it so it should not matter how much it cost because you can always get your money back.