Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2: Role Overview: Tanks

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com Lineage II Correspondent Žygimantas Mockus writes this overview of the tanking role in Lineage II.

As we all know Lineage II has a huge variety of classes. To be more specific, I'll say that Lineage II in total has an incredible amount of 34. So today we'll try to understand some basic class concepts and what do they exactly do in parties (Party - that's what groups are called in Lineage II). I'll be using the names of the second profession, because those are the most common and the largest number of people use/know them.

Read Role Overview: Tanks

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Thanks, I always wanted to know what tanks in L2 were like even if it's just curiosity.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Very nice article. Good to see my game finally getting some articles.

• DaerkannonDaerkannon Member UncommonPosts: 9

Article is ok, but doesn't go into enough detail IMO.  I would have liked to seen a brief description and comparison of each of the tanking classes at least.

Also there seem to be broken html tags and a few instances of dodgy grammar.  Nothing a pass over from an editor couldn't fix.

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352

Its a very nice written post, But I just need to comment that with Greatwolfs every tank can get that extra dps they need to solo. But I liked it :)

• ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135

Actually has 35 classes and the 35th is the strongest of all

THE MIGHTY BOTS.

It's a dead game from a dead company why bother m8 ???

"Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by erevus

Actually has 35 classes and the 35th is the strongest of all
    THE MIGHTY BOTS.
    It's a dead game from a dead company why bother m8 ???

Dead game? sure.

• PrInCoSPrInCoS Member Posts: 1

Erevus you dont know what you are talking about.

I loled at that one.

• xxxxiangxxxxxxxxiangxxxx Member Posts: 29

Dead game? No, I'm sure Lineage 2 will last a lot longer than most of the current MMORPG's out there. After all, Lineage 1 is still around, and the Lineage series are huge in Asia.

Dead company? No, Ncsoft is the leading MMORPG company, comparable to Blizzard.

• EmanueIEmanueI Member Posts: 8

I like the article. It stays on topic and explains pretty much what do tanks do in Lineage2. I don't think that it was necessary to compare the two human tanks though it is a good hint for new players.