Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 coming in 2010/2011

2»

Comments

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210
    Originally posted by almerel

I play a game to enjoy it not to spend it traveling. I love map travel and the district system.

Aye, I played WoW with some guildies (I'm the guild leader, I'm kinda obligated to play what the guild want to try) and one night I spent over an hour to get to where a couple of guildies were to join on a dungeon crawl and then they decided not to do it and jumped back on Guild Wars... 

I've been less annoyed

imageimage

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

I'm dissapointed since they implied that it would be ready sooner but of course I want them to take their time to make it good and blah blah... although I am sick of GW and wish for another chapter since it's going to be a couple years probably. Books and little sillly things like that don't do it for it more. There is no way I can stick with GW that long unless another chapter comes out or something... which I know is very very unlikely.

Nevertheless I will be for sure checking out GW2 when it is released.

Originally posted by natuxatu

I'm dissapointed since they implied that it would be ready sooner but of course I want them to take their time to make it good and blah blah... although I am sick of GW and wish for another chapter since it's going to be a couple years probably. Books and little sillly things like that don't do it for it more. There is no way I can stick with GW that long unless another chapter comes out or something... which I know is very very unlikely.
    Nevertheless I will be for sure checking out GW2 when it is released.

Unlikely, like NEVER GONNA HAPPEN AND CONFIRMED IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN...

GW:EN is the finale of guild wars 1 and the run in to guild wars 2...   oh well

imageimage

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347

If Guild Wars 2 flops to the degree that even after it is released, they're still selling Guild Wars 1 at a faster rate than Guild Wars 2, then ArenaNet will say, hmm, we should release more stuff for Guild Wars 1. 

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

anything is possible but I would be very surprised if GW2 did not outsell GW

to outsell the GW launch,

GW2 needs to sell more than 1 million copies in the first 5 months

www.guildwars.com/events/press/releases/pressrelease-2005-09-22.php

it may not attact everyone that liked Guild Wars

but it will also attract other people that want a persistent world

Originally posted by Quizzical

If Guild Wars 2 flops to the degree that even after it is released, they're still selling Guild Wars 1 at a faster rate than Guild Wars 2, then ArenaNet will say, hmm, we should release more stuff for Guild Wars 1. 

They won't, for one simple reason

the sales of Guild wars 1 WILL spike after the release of GW2, because people will want to go back for the Hall of Monuments and the bits you get in GW2 for filling it up

this is also part of the ArenaNet plan aswell, they WANT that to happen too

imageimage