Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is the new patch working yet?

MellowTiggerMellowTigger Member UncommonPosts: 84

I can't tell.  I ran my usual EVE program, and it tells me there is an update.  Great.  I download and run it, then it tells me "There was an error initializing the download.  Error: 3".  It gives me a link to download the full installer.  Ok.  I go there and download the .exe file.  I run it, but it just does the same thing as the previous program did. 

I searched at their website for that error text, but it finds no matches.  What gives?  Are patch servers still down, or am I just out of luck with this program?  I haven't tried an uninstall and full reinstall.  I'd rather avoid the massive download if possible.

Comments

• cmgangrelcmgangrel Member UncommonPosts: 152

Downloaded the patch earlier on today with no issues at all.

• Howler54Howler54 Member UncommonPosts: 133

when I patched my game I got some DirectX warnings but I just ignored them. Worked fine :o

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Can't seem to download the patch.  Goes through the motions, then opens an Installer window that says step 1 of 3 downloading, but nothing downloads.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SpyridonZSpyridonZ Member Posts: 289

Works fine with premium client. Has problems with classic client...

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by SpyridonZ

Works fine with premium client. Has problems with classic client...

Ah, that probably explains it. This is the "slow" computer and I definitely loaded the classic client on it.

Well, I'll give it a try on my main box with the Premium client and see how that goes.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kattehuskattehus Member UncommonPosts: 375

Worked fine for me - even with my sisi (aka classic) version.

But I did wait 'till an hour ago before installing/downloading. :D

|< I 1 1 I |\| 6 _ Z 0 |\/| 8 I 3 5 _ 5 I |\| C 3 _ 1 9 9 0
    -Actively playing Eve.
    Follow my tweet (:
  • PatchDayPatchDay Member Posts: 1,641

I use two computers

On the windows XP version I was able to d/l no problem early this morning

But on my windows vista (main) I cant d/l (now). It just tells me I have the wrong version. Doesnt even try to d/l.

This is just pure fail they have so much trouble deploying patches. I dread every single 'patch day' with CCP

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

I had to uninstall and download a new client using the bit torrent link off EVE's download page. The regular link didn't work and the BT one took forever to download. Then the client upgraded twice. One large patch and one small. The whole thing took forever but it was worth it.

• mmo4lifemmo4life Member Posts: 136
    Originally posted by PatchDay

I use two computers

On the windows XP version I was able to d/l no problem early this morning
    But on my windows vista (main) I cant d/l (now). It just tells me I have the wrong version. Doesnt even try to d/l.
    This is just pure fail they have so much trouble deploying patches. I dread every single 'patch day' with CCP

The proper manual progressive patches are on the eve website now. They were not current last night, but i just used them to patch vista 64 premium to the live version.

Eve Patches / Tranquility Live / Windows      1st patch is 75883 to 83913,  final small patch is 83913 to 84244. 

That will get you to the live version and you are all good.

I just finished using them 15 min ago, and am in game now.

• PatchDayPatchDay Member Posts: 1,641

Went to the site and got the link from a thread. So now I'm good to go. using the manul link I d/l it in no tim. been ingame and forgot all bout my previous troubles :)