Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saga of Ryzom Free Trial

2»

Comments

• InyarInyar Member Posts: 157

Your so funny, you truly make my day seems shorter....

How old are you ? cause you sound like 10... not even able to defend himself...

-------------
    Anti-Crock

• crockcrock Member Posts: 556

i dont need to defend my self

i dontt see the danger lol::::01::

Ok im talking about trying to argue, try to bring strong argument that shows im wrong...

You didnt answer my question... how old are you ? 10 ?

-------------
    Anti-Crock

bring some arguments first xept this game is the best in whole world

only posts from u are " everyone who dont like rysom is retarded"

tell me exactly where is fun in rysom?

ur post count is 30..and all 30 post are insulting other ppl
    nothing more

"bring some arguments first xept this game is the best in whole world"

I did.... read my previous post, I never said Ryzom was the best game in the world.

"only posts from u are " everyone who dont like rysom is retarded" "

I never said that, im saying all-negative post and posting on every topic related to Ryzom when you dont play anymore is retarded.

"ll me exactly where is fun in rysom?"

1- The community, its fun to have a game with a mature player base

2- The crafting/drop/harvesting system is the most realistic ive seen, i was waiting for a game like that since a long time.

3- After playing many mmorpg, I am bored of all the usual class and races. Its fresh and interesting not to have them, you can be whatever you want.

4- The stanza sytem, that allow you to customize every action is a new idea and it works really great.

5- Of course they are lot of promise (i still believe in Nevrax) :

-Raid engine, mobs attack towns and outpost.

-PvP without newbie killing, without PK (duels) and Open PvP Arena.

-Groups PvP

6- The graphic are awsome, some dont like it... I do.

-------------
    Anti-Crock

Originally posted by Inyar
    "bring some arguments first xept this game is the best in whole world"
    I did.... read my previous post, I never said Ryzom was the best game in the world.
    "only posts from u are " everyone who dont like rysom is retarded" "
    I never said that, im saying all-negative post and posting on every topic related to Ryzom when you dont play anymore is retarded.
    "ll me exactly where is fun in rysom?"
    1- The community, its fun to have a game with a mature player base
    2- The crafting/drop/harvesting system is the most realistic ive seen, i was waiting for a game like that since a long time.
    3- After playing many mmorpg, I am bored of all the usual class and races. Its fresh and interesting not to have them, you can be whatever you want.
    4- The stanza sytem, that allow you to customize every action is a new idea and it works really great.
    5- Of course they are lot of promise (i still believe in Nevrax) :
    -Raid engine, mobs attack towns and outpost.
    -PvP without newbie killing, without PK (duels) and Open PvP Arena.
    -Groups PvP
    6- The graphic are awsome, some dont like it... I do.
    -------------Anti-Crock

1 community is the same like in most mmorpg ( nice ppl and "retards" have seen both) nothing exeptionel
    2 crafting...harvesting is boring..crafting ist one click system..put all ur stuff inside and click ones
    u can change stats of item with different stuff ..is a bit inovativ but nothing realy new
    Horizonts has much better crafting system and some other games
    3 its subjectiv all mmorpg have more or less different classes and races
    4 ok u change duration ..cast time ..and range...but u have thesame spell
    u can combine 2 spell from lvl 50 i think....its nice
    but nothing to make me WOW
    5 ur prob) i dont ..i played Horizonts with thesame promises
    - engine ok..where are raids?
    - PvP is brocken for long time ..i have tested all warior stuff ( i was lvl 130 plus) on my guild friends
    most of attacks didnt worked right or simple useless
    - group pvp ...is the same
    6 agree with grafics.. only thing i loved ..the grafics and the world
    i was almost everywhere in game ...and u dont see the grafics after a while of playing

i dont see why should i pay for next never unfinished game wich will probably die

Originally posted by crock

1 community is the same like in most mmorpg ( nice ppl and "retards" have seen both) nothing exeptionel

The main chat channel is a lot more mature and helpfull then most mmorpg.

2 crafting...harvesting is boring..crafting ist one click system..put all ur stuff inside and click ones
    u can change stats of item with different stuff ..is a bit inovativ but nothing realy new
    Horizonts has much better crafting system and some other games

The depth of a rpg is not define by the fact its a one click action, if you want an action game with more way of clicking, Guild War is for you....

3 its subjectiv all mmorpg have more or less different classes and races

Its not subjective, its a fact... your not restrain by classes or race stats

4 ok u change duration ..cast time ..and range...but u have thesame spell
    u can combine 2 spell from lvl 50 i think....its nice
    but nothing to make me WOW

Its fresh and it work great

5 ur prob) i dont ..i played Horizonts with thesame promises
    - engine ok..where are raids?

Actually they are starting, they are in patch 1.

- PvP is brocken for long time ..i have tested all warior stuff ( i was lvl 130 plus) on my guild friends
    most of attacks didnt worked right or simple useless

That was in beta.... the game has changed a lot.

- group pvp ...is the same

Group PvP is not in game yet, how can you say its broken ?

i dont see why should i pay for next never unfinished game wich will probably die

Thats your right, but remember some really good game started really badly, Ryzom is not the first and wont be the last.

in beta lol
    i left the game one week ago
    a lil bit more maybe but less than 2 weeks

about group pvp
    pvp isnt realy implemented at all
    but u can test attacks declaring duel
    in group pvp melee will be kinda useless anyway

and i bought this game..coz i liked outposts events idea
    and its a long long way b4 they can implement that

nervax wrote alota BS on gamebox and on game site

forums are closed for non players
    so nobody else can read the "im bored and im going play something else" posts
    ...mods always deleted those posts... but it was realy alot of them

• boutchboutch Member Posts: 37

Like it or not its all personal opinion.

If you didnt played Ryzom yet, a 14 day free trial is coming. You will get a chance to build your own opinion... dont be a slave to others opinion, this is valid for my opinion, Neas opinion, Crocks opinion, and Inyar opinion.

ok... at least you played.

Group PvP Useless ? maybe i dont understand what your saying but a big part of the game is Outpost siege... not implemented...

Ive seen more positive post then negative post on the main board.

Its different since patch 1... but again i believe inNevrax, they were able to release a fix for the patch in one day. You could have waited a lot longuer in other games.

I know the game is lacking content, but the "promise" of content are really great. If they dont deliver it in a couple month then I will change my view about Ryzom.

Im not saying Ryzom is the best game out there, I do think it has the potential to became an awsome game according to what I like in a MMORPG. I do believe Nevrax will get there eventually. If they dont, then it will be a waste of a really good engine.

-------------
    Anti-Crock

melee (close combat) in group pvp can be useless
    rangefighting (ranged weapons) is comletly brocken right now at least

why im bitchng this game
    coz i bought it reading gamebox and rysom site
    no word about all nice things arent implemented at all
    forums are closed etc
    its simple money stealling lol

i could buy for that money another game and having fun )

i have wasted 50euro on that bs...for a game im not enjoyed

i think this argument is good enough to prevent
    that some ppl will not pay for that beta game

Ever payed for a non online game you hated ?

I bought Fable recently, in my opinion its the worst attempt at a RPG ive seen in a long time... Totally wasted my money for a game I completed in 20 hours (and I had all the strongest weapons/armors and maxed all my skills).

You did play Ryzom for more then 20 hours... And Ryzom's box (cause you only paid for the box, you didnt pay monthly fee) is cheaper then Fable...

I didnt run to every Fable forum to say the game suck... In my opinion a Forum about Fable is for those who liked Fable.

-------------

Anti-Crock

Originally posted by Inyar
    Ever payed for a non online game you hated ?
    I bought Fable recently, in my opinion its the worst attempt at a RPG ive seen in a long time... Totally wasted my money for a game I completed in 20 hours (and I had all the strongest weapons/armors and maxed all my skills).
    You did play Ryzom for more then 20 hours... And Ryzom's box (cause you only paid for the box, you didnt pay monthly fee) is cheaper then Fable...-------------
    Anti-Crock

only for box
    never monthly fee

this happened with ao shadowlands
    Horizonts
    and rysom now

i think i will never buy another game without trying it)

Thats your right....

I payed for many games I hated, but im a gamer since more then 10 years, its kinda inevitable.

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

you guys still at it?

See i was the better man and left this pappy discussion ages ago hehe.

End discussion point: Test free trial for you shall know the problems/greatness yourself then.

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European
    Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European
    Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

• TheWarcTheWarc Member Posts: 1,199
    Hurray!
    Finally I can play again image

Got pie?

• crisiscrisis Member Posts: 1

::::08:: hello,

Opinion from someone who is playing the free trial since one week :

- first of all i played the beta of this game and i found it interesting but not really attractive at this moment, what i can say now : Ryzom have made a big step on release and i'm having fun, i'm thinking of giving this game a try for more than 14 days because i believe this game can be THE game for me. Why ?

- It is refreshing : new concept , you can customize your character as you want there's no limit (you can combine the profession as you want "mage/warrior", "warrior/artisant", "harvester/mage/artisant"), you can also customize your actions with the innovative system of stanza.

- The drop system is fine and you can make real fast money to buy your weapon, armor or whatever you want and the system of sale is cool : Ex. you can decide to sell your items only to a pnj or to put it on the pnj vendor base which is accessible to all players, so you have your credits from the vendor directly and if a player buy your item you can have more money from this item in future (6 days limit), also you can take back the items you decided to sell to other players if they are not already sold...

- Concerning the game-play : as a beginner i can't say more but what i've seen and tested : missions with credits reward and giving points for your fame, not so hard, fast. Missions are various : killing mobs, observing the mobs, harvesting, crafting for pnj.
    I found somes i did bugged but i believe they will be fixed, i reported about it. But most of the ones i did were ok.
    About the contents : maybe it is lacking at high level but i can't say that actually. As a beginner there's a lot to do (discovering your char and system "skills", the world, the mobs, other races...). I played LineageII 3 months after release and on my opinion there were less contents in it than in Ryzom...

- For now, i find the community great (well i'm in Aniro don't know for other community server). Really helpful in the newbie land (there's always someone to answer your newbie question) and now i'm on the Continent and it's the same. Yes i think Ryzom community is more mature than in the other game i played (AO, lineageII, SWG) and yes you can meet also -like in all game- immature people. Mature doesn't mean they are not fun though, only means they are able to argue about things without insulting each others... Also about it, the community is varied : guys, girls, men, women, pair... i'm a woman and i like this "variety". Less "omg! ur a girl! wanna cybor ?" Oo :p

- I find the world of Ryzom immersive, the monsters animation is fun, climatic animations are realistic, and yes the graphics are great :) and i don't need a big engine to see and play it (i have only a Athlon 1.2 ghz and 512 mo ram with a gforce TI 4200). I'm not experiencing big lag that forces you to stop playing or disgusting you to play. I have experienced some lag since i'm in the Continent and only in the "city" but nothing that can forces me to reduce my ingame config at the minimum, i still can play with great details.
    (i played Everquest II beta and in town it was like impossible to play. With low low details the world became only pixel for me, too bad because EqII is a great graphic game).
    What i have experienced too : some freeze (due to my computer) and some crash (once a day crash server but not so long), it can be annoying but it's rare for me so....
    So yes little config as mine can play Ryzom, you don't need to have the best computer to play a great new mmorpg :p

- Pvp ? I haven't experienced it. I'm to low but i have seen players doing duels and heard about arena duels, haven't heard yet about mass pvp so don't know if there is some or not. When i was in AO i enjoyed tower battles but the lag was awfull :( I wish there will be some raid battle in Ryzom but i'm not missing it for now, i have more to do with my character atm :p

-Being in Continent since one day, i have seen in the main channel that high lvls are organizing raids/expeditions to go in other races lands (for example yesterday night an expedition of Matis people went to our tryker land, they were charmed to discover our world which is completely different from their). These raids seems to be fun and hard and taking a few hours to do it, needs a great group of players experienced to face the various monsters which are met in way and to arrive at the desired place
    I hope soon to be enough tall to be able to join one of these adventures :)

-In confront of other games i have played (AO 2years 1/2, Lineage II 1month beta 3months release, SWG some months and a lots of beta), Ryzom is giving me the Fun i have lost playing the other games i played. It is refreshing and i'm sure Nevrax with the support of his community will do great things in future, just give Nevrax the time to accomplish it. Yes there is some bugs but which mmo doesn't have somes ? AO after 3 years have still somes and ? Lineage II is infested by cheaters and ? What is important is the fun you can have in a game.

What more i have to say : MADE YOUR OWN OPINION TESTING IT WITH THIS TRIAL (you can heard a lot of things about others what is important is how you feel playing it !) I'm not a fanboy i'm only a player testing a game and giving it a chance :) Go and test it (not for one day, for 14 days).

It's all, have fun in whatever game you are playing :)

khaena (little tryker)

(sorry for the bad english be indulgent)

::::06::

• wrathravenwrathraven Member Posts: 35

Personally, I think the free trial is a good idea. I think all MMOGs should have free trials as early as possible. Let me explain why...

In many cases, you're expected to buy the box and you usually get the first month included. This is OK, but I (and apparently many others) don't want to shell out for a game we might not like. As a result of this, many people are discouraged from trying a lot of MMOGs. I for one wouldn't consider buying a MMOG unless I could try it first - every MMOG I've played has either been the result of participating in the beta (which many view as a free trial anyway) or downloading a free trial. I wouldn't mind having a go at WoW or EQ2, but they just don't interest me enough to entice me to pay for the box. Having said that, I might have a go at a trial of one or the other and absolutely love it and decide to subscribe, but as it stands now neither will get my money or time until there's a trial. I played AC2 for 6 months off the back of the free trial, and only stopped when Ryzom was released (I can only afford one MMOG at a time).

I've seen many games I think I might be interested in, but I don't have the money to buy the box on the offchance I'll like it enough to pay a subscription for it. A free trial is the ideal way for me to try a game out, and if I like it I can subscribe, if not, I can leave it and not lose anything other than some time.

Demos are something that many companies provide for single player games for this very reason. There are *very* few SP games I'd consider buying without trying it first (HL2 is one), why should MMOGs be any different?

Amen to that all should have a free trial period, (30 days 15 is to short) what if you bought something and didn't like it at all you might aswell throw your money in a trashcan

,.=,.=,.=,.=,.=,.=,.=,.=,.=,.=,.=,.=,.

Typo's gotta hate em (excuse me :oD)