Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Funcom still can't for the life of them get their act together.

hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

So I decided to look over at ao forums and see how this new booster pack is doing and well... The first thread I read has this in it and I quote "yep. Im currently in petition for over 24 hours." Pretty clear indication fc hasn't learned anything.
http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?t=548115

Comments

• bobbarker949bobbarker949 Member Posts: 12

another month or so and its game over, price drop was about 10 years too late and for a raason... yet another bluff the game isnt on its last breath.. This price drop is not a bluff.. its a for sure sign they are purging stock, aucking up the last few dimes, and hopefully flying to venus to never be seen agan....

{mod edit}... hope your plane crashes on the way out..

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Well Funcom kept taking staff from AO to put them on AOC, it's no wonder custumers support for AO went downhill.

Too bad cause AO is 10 times better than AOC.

• hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

The GMs are getting dumber by the minute it would also seem. I keep reading the threads its getting to the point of nonsense like this gem in another thread...

"is this a joke??

5 min ago, i reported a cred spamer, a gm replied to my petition, saying thanks and that he'll be looking into it.

And he banned me ! "

• DragonOrderDragonOrder Member Posts: 16

I hope this game survives, great concept.

Its only gotten worse since I quit it seems. Imagine the horrors if they ever do get the so called new engine running to lure back subs. The day it launches it will be ao launch 2.0 do to the this lack of GM knowledge and support. I bet all the volunteer arks are all but gone by now as well.

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

care to elaborate on what has gotten worse? :p anyway im kinda on a breaking point with this game (again), i kinda want to play something else. ;p

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

Originally posted by 3on1
    care to elaborate on what has gotten worse? :p anyway im kinda on a breaking point with this game (again), i kinda want to play something else. ;p
    The quality of the customer service of course.
    Originally posted by hobo9766

nah.. its been crappy since AO released. a booster/expansions always brings bugs and therefore more petitions, no matter how well its tested. they actually didnt rush the release of this (mayb they learned of aoc! omg)

Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• BrezjnevBrezjnev Member UncommonPosts: 98

nah.. its been crappy since AO released. a booster/expansions always brings bugs and therefore more petitions, no matter how well its tested. they actually didnt rush the release of this (mayb they learned of aoc! omg)

Maybe they didn't rush it, but they still left atleast 2 obvious new bugs/exploits/game-design-flaws/features (depends on the viewpoint of whoever you're speaking against, and with FCs wonderful customer service there is no way to know for sure if something is an exploit or not) with Notum Wars in game, that were predicted and then tested during beta. Resulting in tl7 Notum Wars still being dead.

If there is one thing that you can rely for on FC, it is to fail at any given opportunity. FailCom has scored one more for the home team.

failcom?

tl7 aint dead on rk2, imho ur only allowed to speak of current ingame things if u are playing the game. its fine by me u hate fc for multiple reasons, and i would probably agree with you in certain ways, but tl7 tower wars are alive since the booster release (at least on rk2..)

yes there were bugs that were being exploited but as soon as they had been petitioned the GMs took care of it.

• EffectEffect Member UncommonPosts: 949

Originally posted by Aguitha
    Well Funcom kept taking staff from AO to put them on AOC, it's no wonder custumers support for AO went downhill.
    Too bad cause AO is 10 times better than AOC.

Same thing with Dark Age of Camelot and Mythic. Funcom focuses more on Age of Conan and Anarchy Online suffers. Yet AO is the better the game. Mythic focuses more on Warhammer Online while Dark Age of Camelot continues to suffer yet DAoC is the better game all around. The only thing the newer games have over the older ones are graphics.

The GMs are incompetent I would not trust them to find their way out of a paper sack let alone take care of any exploits. Case and point look at this recent example forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089

The GMs are incompetent I would not trust them to find their way out of a paper sack let alone take care of any exploits. Case and point look at this recent example forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php

I haven't been able to use the official forums in the whole time I've been subscribed ( since November of '08 ). Made petition, told I have to e-mail. So I e-mailed and waited for a response. Got one last week ( 4 months later ) from Famine saying he closed my ticket and to e-mail again if my issue wasn't resolved. Obviously the e-mail I sent back in reply to his dumb ass wasn't very kind, and i doubt they'll ever get me the access I'm supposed to have as a paying customer.

Perhaps if Famine spent less time here on the mmorpg.com Age of Conan forums trying to spin shit into gold, and paid more attention to his job ( since he's the one who closed the ticket, obviously his job entails customer service ), I wouldn't have to be here talking about it.

The "Failcom" moniker still applies.