Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Secrets and riddles within the countdown! All brilliant minds please assist.

ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

The counter on the main page is not just a counter.  The background image changes very slowly.. at a believed rate of around one frame every 6 hours.  We know that the puzzle needs to be solved before the countdown ends.  Here is a link that shows most of the frames until now:

Frames so far

It is an Orrery with what looks like a musical score, some language that looks mixed, but definitely looks like parts of greek, and other hidden things.  They are breaking it down on the following thread.

So this post on the main forum explains most of it:

www.mortalonline.com/forums/4397-mo-counter-aegis-imperium-research-findings.html

Comments

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

MO site seems offline or swamped now though.

But that is a great discovery, Prof.

And a brilliant kind of viral marketing as well. That is ... if it actually means something or includes any hints.

From what I've read so far about the game these devs certainly have their heads screwed on their shoulders in the correct way. Some of their answers in interviews are actually bristling with intelligence and the way the game has been set up, freedom and pvp wise sounds just about perfect to me.

All in all I have the impression that Mortal Online could very well be the next big thing for sandbox lovers. And I do think that this game has a lot more great minds and proffessionals working on it than DF had so far. We shall see, we shall see ...

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Yeah the site is hiccuping.

Just some more info.  The lead designer interviews in this video(Turn on closed captioning in the bottom right (CC)):

www.youtube.com/watch

.. and during it he talks about a meteor or comet shaping the land, and even later..  'Maybe it wasn't a comet or meteor, but a punishment from the gods.'

The words flashing people believe are 'inferno', 'vacua', and something else I can't remember and they are thinking that it refers to the comet in the orrary coming from space/vacuum/vacua and crashing into the main planet (Probably MO homeworld) causing an inferno and shaping the land the way that the designer is talking about.

It could simply be the events leading up to the world at launch where a massive meteor shapes the land.

Also some really cool stuff in that video.  The designer has some cool inspirations, and it shows a combat clip with a gui, some ragdoll physics, etc. 

.. and yeah the devs are definitely very competent.  I love that they challenged the community in WC3 mod to release info even if they won and didn't have to release anything.  They are involved with the community for now.. who knows though closer to launch when there are a bunch of trolls on the boards and 400 posts about how they 'have' to implement 3rd person.

• SikgamerSikgamer Member Posts: 77

I'm gonna hazard a guess that the mechanical 'solar system' in the background will have all the planets align when the counter reaches 0.

Unique upcoming indie space-based mining and combat game - Miner Wars.
    http://www.minerwars.com/?aid=191

• Bruticus_XIBruticus_XI Member Posts: 827

Interesting...

I must go into "The Thinker" pose while I try to ascertain the truth to this mysterious sequence.

• GIANT_WANGGIANT_WANG Member Posts: 40

I think it's just a metaphor for "when the stars align...."

The countdown is for the beta announcement IMO, seeing as they've been doing alpha for a while now.

Played and enjoyed: EQ1, DAoC, WoW

Played and disliked: Guild Wars, WAR

Currently playing: Nothing

Waiting for: Mortal Online

• PeZzyPeZzy Member UncommonPosts: 154

Star Vault is a publicly traded company...

https://www.nordnet.lu/mux/web/marknaden/aktiehemsidan/bolagsfakta.html?identifier=42785&marketplace=11

http://hopey.netfonds.no/analysis.php?paper=STVA-B.ST

...as such, they must produce year-end reports to investors. If they are following their business plan, March 18th would be around the time their game is opened-up to the public for closed beta testing.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566
    Originally posted by GIANT_WANG

I think it's just a metaphor for "when the stars align...."

The countdown is for the beta announcement IMO, seeing as they've been doing alpha for a while now.

Yeah I guess you guys are right ... but we can always hope it is the meaning of life or a cure for aids, can't we? :)

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

Originally posted by DarkPony

Yeah I guess you guys are right ... but we can always hope it is the meaning of life or a cure for aids, can't we? :)

I gave a shot to the date of launching nuclear nukes.
    And I think this will be it ;)

ps. I just want to see the drama in disappointing all those "omg I wanna play the game" (not to mention what is the purpose of beta testing) without any feedback at the first place =)

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• ProminentProminent Member Posts: 51

I think the beta will start then.