Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

10 Reasons Why AoC is the best MMO on the Market.

Comments

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582
    Originally posted by Forumfall

Once they patched it to a seamless world you can give me a pm and I'l come back gladly.
    Until then all the content in the world isn't going to make this a great game.

This will never happen, so, why even mention it. Looking at your avatar I can already guess how you feel, so maybe check out Darkfall for all your open world needs.

Cheers

• NewSpartaNewSparta Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by Davirok

you guys are fucking funny, most of you are always talking like if the game was just death.

"it was a nice try"

"the game wasn't right"

but the fact is the game is having a growing population, you can keep trashtalking or believing your own lies, but the game is somehow healthy now, and improving patch by patch.

I think when most people say thing like "it was a nice try", they mean that AoC will never come as big as Funcom hoped. I mean it went from 750k subs to 50 subs in a couple of months. What other MMO has had so poor start?

AoC had a horrible launch and never in the history of MMO's has a game become hugely popular after initial failure. If you fail at launch you are doomed to being a niche game on life support.

When other new DX10 games start coming out, nobody will even remember AoC. There are a couple of interesting Korean games coming out, both absulutely beautiful, and of course Guild Wars 2.

• DaveTTDaveTT Member Posts: 405

Originally posted by JJMicromegas

I know a lot of you will flame me for this and say "AoC sux, it failed" but that's because most of you haven't played the game recently.
    So here is why AoC is the best game on the MMO market right now, in no particular order:
    1. The combat is smooth, dynamic and engrossing. IMO the combat completely draws you in and makes you feel in control of your character. Fatalities just give you feeling that you can't really define until you've done a few or have had them done to you.
    2. Sieges are hell of a lot of fun and there is something real at stake (FYI they are working about 90% of the time, haven't seen a bugged siege since the last patch but I'm being cautious. Also this point is aimed at WAR where sieges are basically objective swaps for reknown)
    3. The graphics are beautiful, better than any MMO on the market by far.
    4. Guild owned Keeps make for politics, warfare, alliances, enemies, treacheries and all the rest of the things that people rave about in other games. (DF I'm aiming at you here, AoC has the guild politics already and not many ppl realize this).
    5. Servers are healthy after the merges.
    6. Raid content, though not the best of MMO's out there, presents end-game alternatives and more is being added by the month.
    7. Character customization is by far more detailed than any other MMO, to the point where you can recognize chars by their faces alone.
    8. Gear doesn't make a big difference in your performance.
    9. Great Community, ironically because the game population has contracted, only the dedicated have stayed and it has made for a great community.
    10. Funcom has failed in the release of this game, but things have turned around for the better and the game is improving significantly with each patch and content addition.

Well i agree with you that AOC is the best game out.
    Well ofc its not best overall, for me AOC has the highest fun factor.
    I think the grafics, music/sound, and gameplay is the best.

------------------------------

Bear Grylls : I need to get out of this frozen hellhole!
    Bear Grylls : (Holds a beetle in his hand) 4 times more protein then Beef

Originally posted by DaveTT

You know what it is? The fact that after playing AoC, I cannot go back to my old games and play anymore. It has changed my outlook of what I want out of a game. When I play combat, for example, gives me a thrill that when I play other MMO's they eventually put me to sleep. When I play on my 42" LCD 1080P on the couch, and see how visually stunning it is, it makes me understand that I cannot go back to old school visuals. The music and sound effects truly are stupendous. Leveling curve fits in with my casual playstyle, yet if I want to run some long dungeons and spend an evening in, it has that for me/

As to AoC being the best MMO, I still argue this due to the issues with the company and how they managed the game...but, when it comes to the game itself, it t least has changed my expectations of what I want in my MMO...and I do not see any MMO on the horizon to match that fun.

Music is awesome, 10/10.

Graphics are complex but not very pretty imo, 6/10. I would prefer a much darker and more evil Hyboria. Current one reminds me of WoW.

Gameplay is just horrible, 4/10. People who say AoC gameplay is good, obviously haven't played an MMO with good gameplay and don't know what it is.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• DrednaughtDrednaught Member Posts: 115
    Originally posted by NewSparta

Music is awesome, 10/10.

Graphics are complex but not very pretty imo, 6/10. I would prefer a much darker and more evil Hyboria. Current one reminds me of WoW.

Gameplay is just horrible, 4/10. People who say AoC gameplay is good, obviously haven't played an MMO with good gameplay and don't know what it is.

Name some of these "magic" MMO's then.

Gaming since 1985 and still going strong.

Originally posted by Davirok

you guys are fucking funny, most of you are always talking like if the game was just death.

"it was a nice try"

"the game wasn't right"

but the fact is the game is having a growing population, you can keep trashtalking or believing your own lies, but the game is somehow healthy now, and improving patch by patch.

I think when most people say thing like "it was a nice try", they mean that AoC will never come as big as Funcom hoped. I mean it went from 750k subs to 50 subs in a couple of months. What other MMO has had so poor start?

AoC had a horrible launch and never in the history of MMO's has a game become hugely popular after initial failure. If you fail at launch you are doomed to being a niche game on life support.

When other new DX10 games start coming out, nobody will even remember AoC. There are a couple of interesting Korean games coming out, both absulutely beautiful, and of course Guild Wars 2.

750k to 50 subs in a couple of months? be nice if you could post some facts to back up that statement please.

If AoC is sooooo bad why are you still playing it?

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

7. Character customization is by far more detailed than any other MMO, to the point where you can recognize chars by their faces alone.

No it's not. It is far too limited for what the game could allow you to do. It's a serious shame those sliders don't do much of anything and the choice of faces and hair could have been a lot wider. There's other mmos that allow for more customization then this.

Other then that yes it is a wonderful game.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

Originally posted by Cynthe

No it's not. It is far too limited for what the game could allow you to do. It's a serious shame those sliders don't do much of anything and the choice of faces and hair could have been a lot wider. There's other mmos that allow for more customization then this.

City of Heroes has a much better char customisation feature,also Champions Online seems to have a good one too.

Originally posted by Drednaught

Sure.

TERA

www.youtube.com/watch

Blade & Soul

www.youtube.com/watch

Both of these would destroy Age of Conan. Just look at that party battle in TERA. And in Blade&Soul you can do a freaking arm bar! That's something every Mixed Martial Arts fan should be excited about

Enough magic for you?

Sure.

TERA

www.youtube.com/watch

Blade & Soul

www.youtube.com/watch

Both of these would destroy Age of Conan. Just look at that party battle in TERA. And in Blade&Soul you can do a freaking arm bar! That's something every Mixed Martial Arts fan should be excited about

Enough magic for you?

Neither one of these games are currently slated for EU or US release. It is only Asian based.

Can you instead name one for the noted countries?

• Vagrant_ZeroVagrant_Zero Member Posts: 1,190

Sure.
    TERA
    www.youtube.com/watch
    Blade & Soul
    www.youtube.com/watch

Both of these would destroy Age of Conan. Just look at that party battle in TERA. And in Blade&Soul you can do a freaking arm bar! That's something every Mixed Martial Arts fan should be excited about image
    Enough magic for you?

Did you seriously just link to unreleased Korean games? Korean games that have a rep for being all spazz and no substance?

Are you really that stupid. You'd better not be contagious.

MEDIC! WE NEED NAPALM STAT!

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

Sure.

TERA

www.youtube.com/watch

Blade & Soul

www.youtube.com/watch

Enough magic for you?

Now I think you are a troll...lol....cause , for you to complain about AoC...and then post this crap...MMOs that look and probably play like 25 other mmos.....I get it now...Doh!   Well played ..and the "arm bar" thing....priceless. again....well .....played?

• finaticdfinaticd Member Posts: 843
    Originally posted by Vagrant_Zero

Sure.

TERA

www.youtube.com/watch

Blade & Soul

www.youtube.com/watch

Enough magic for you?

Did you seriously just link to unreleased Korean games? Korean games that have a rep for being all spazz and no substance?

Well to be fair AoC wasand still is all spazz and no substance and AoC is a Norwegian MMO.

There are like 15 MMOs doing better than AoC going by popular opinion. HMMM IMO B&S looks pretty sweet with the asian martial arts theme, AoC probably could have kept players even with the bugs and most tech issues if the game had great game play.

Funcom has reviewed all of its assets relevant for
    impairment testing. This process has led to
    recognition of an impairment loss of around
    3,1 MUSD for Age of Conan due to a decrease in
    numbers of subscribers for the game. Funcom Q4 10 report.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpost.php?p=2926123&postcount=7 500 mains/alts on Tyranny in past 30 days - instead of merge servers let's open a new PvP server, again! http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=106427

• GalacticMMOGalacticMMO Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by courtsdad

"I know a lot of you will flame me for this and say "AoC sux, it failed" but that's because most of you haven't played the game recently."

Those are two different things. Failing at launch is barely arguable if you base it on what the company and fans were hoping for because it seems they released many months to early.

The fact that they have made improvements doesnt change their past and with many gamers you get exactly one shot.

That all being said I hope you enjoy it.

Yeah my brother played Age of Conan too and he hated customer service so much that he quit and said he's never going back to Conan no matter what they do. He's playing EVE now.

Sure.

TERA

www.youtube.com/watch

Blade & Soul

www.youtube.com/watch

Enough magic for you?

Actually TERA is an awesome next gen MMO that's complitely different from Korean F2P grinders. Just look at the graphics and animation (especially monsters) in TERA. It's absolutely beautiful.

Also the gameplay looks very good. I hope they launch in EU as soon as possible.

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by GalacticMMO

Sure.

TERA

www.youtube.com/watch

Blade & Soul

www.youtube.com/watch

Enough magic for you?

Actually TERA is an awesome next gen MMO that's complitely different from Korean F2P grinders. Just look at the graphics and animation (especially monsters) in TERA. It's absolutely beautiful.

Also the gameplay looks very good. I hope they launch in EU as soon as possible.

You played  Terra then?

incoming cash shop!

Got to agree with vagrant here.

Terra doesn't exist yet.

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

You played  Terra then?

incoming cash shop!

Got to agree with vagrant here.

Terra doesn't exist yet.

How about this one? Continent of the Ninth

I have never seen such an intense combat system in any MMO. Looks amazing. Goodbye to auto-attacks and boring button smashing directional attacks.

There are many new titles coming out in 2009. Unfortunately most of them only in Korea but I hope we will get EU and US versions soon.

Here is a list of what's coming. www.youtube.com/watch

Damn those Koreans know how to do great graphics and animation

• UnfinishedUnfinished Member Posts: 881

There are more than ten reasons why AoC went straight into the Bargain Bin.

• ionscorpionscorp Member Posts: 27

There are over 1000 reasons why AoC failed, hard, and multiple times.

Originally posted by Unfinished

Yeah somehow the customers don't see Age of Conan as "the best MMO on the Market" since you can buy it for 5 bucks

Gotta love these threads started by "honeymooners" who have a level 13 assassin and think Age of Conan will be like Tortage all the way.

Once they reach higher levels they will understand why majority of gamers abandoned Age of Conan and are never coming back.

• SturmrabeSturmrabe Member Posts: 927

City of Heroes has a much better char customisation feature,also Champions Online seems to have a good one too.

Considering the type of game AoC is, and CoX and CO are superflashy comic book games, the fact that AoC is even close to them says a lot! Sure, in overall customization CoH is #1 still, and AoC is #2, but not #2 by a huge margin, and whoever you put at #3 is going to be a FAR AND AWAY #3...

imageimage
    Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

Originally posted by Sturmrabe

Considering the type of game AoC is, and CoX and CO are superflashy comic book games, the fact that AoC is even close to them says a lot! Sure, in overall customization CoH is #1 still, and AoC is #2, but not #2 by a huge margin, and whoever you put at #3 is going to be a FAR AND AWAY #3...

Check out Perfect World for another system with so much control it is pitiful...but mainly for the faces. Body style works better in AoC, and overall design on CoH.

Cheers

• JpizzleJpizzle Member Posts: 371
    Originally posted by Unfinished

The first one would be: Every mmo does 6 months after launch. Except WoW, which is the exception, not the standard.