Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classdesign...

Will this game have the same bland class design as every other game out there right now...

Or are they finally creating a game where players can choose from different skilltrees allowing for totall freedom when building your character...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

we will have to wait and see....it's def on my list of questions.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

No one knows yet

• shedaoshaishedaoshai Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Will this game have the same bland class design as every other game out there right now...

Or are they finally creating a game where players can choose from different skilltrees allowing for totall freedom when building your character...

I'm kind of hoping for the latter. If it's anything like the console versions, it shouldn't be too bad.

• Tedly224Tedly224 Member Posts: 164

The original Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2 games used the D20 RPG rules set with character classes, skills, and feats for the basic design and advancement of the characters as they leveled. If this style of play was kept for the upcoming MMORPG, well, I'd be really really happy with it. See, in that system from the previous solo player games, characters had the ability to make drastic changes to their advancement through Feat and Skill point allocations along with having the possibility to swap off between a pair of classes (KOTOR 1) with different breaking points based on level for raw ability progression.

Feel like having Aton use a blaster rifle, dual wield pistols, a heavy melee weapon or a pair of lighter ones, or become a Jedi and split class? It was all there for the player to decide.

Unfortunately, I don't think they're going to follow up with that system for a single reason. Dragon Age is being developed with its own home-brewed RPG rules set intended just for that game over using the D20 system which is more or less what was followed in previous fantasy Bioware games. I believe the use of the rules set implied a royalty percentage going back to the holders of D&D and the D20 system (wizards of the coast, in this case).

Going with a hand-made system with Dragon Age means they side stepped that from happening and can keep that much more of the profit for themselves, which is the decision they'll most likely follow with this game.

Kinda sucks for Wizards of the Coast. They really, really, really missed the boat on an opprotunity to push their 4th edition D&D game with the development of Dragon Age. This game's release would have been a huge boon to their Star Wars line if it closely followed their current books and rules set.