Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ 2 vs. COH

k, so what's the early verdict on Everquest 2?  Is it good, is it a flop, is the server stable?  Last year i said that i was going to buy it no matter what until i suddenly got into City of heroes.  right now however, i don't plan on leaving COH if EQ 2 is subpar or unstable.  I would love to hear any opinions from people familiar with BOTH games before i go out and spend $50 on EQ2.

Comments

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Bah... it's so easy to chose.

Do you prefer fantasy or superheroes?

Do you prefer games with loot or without loot?

Sure okay, so there's the fact that CoH has a better character customization.  But really, do I need my Blond Hair Elf wearing Neo Yellow Spandex Underwear with Bug Ears?  No, I want him Blond, I want him with elf wears, and I want him with blue eyes.  His clothes I will decide as I can afford to buy and loot them.

But games are very group-related.  In both CoH and EQ2, you will be grouping a lot, or joining a guild (or superteam) cause you can't play this game alone like some MMORPGs (coughStarWarsGalaxiescough).

But I gave up CoH before my 30 day expired for these simple reasons:

1) XP dept cause you die sucks so hard, I had so much dept to pay for my Level 15 Blaster, I didn't want to play him anymore, nor continue with any of my older level characters.  In EQ2, if you die once, there's a good and high possibility you can run back to your spirit (Which was left behind when you died) to gain back a lot of XP and not lose any power.  CoH, you die... you get dept, though luck!

2) It's too repetitive.  I mean you keep grinding XP for what?  So you can get Inspiration to buy a new color for your suit?  To get the cape which I heard is freaking hard to obtain!   And you're killing the same kind of NPCs over and over again.  I compared it to SWG back in those days, and at least if you were sick of killing 1 kind of creature, you go to another planet, with same difficulty and kill those instead.

3) And the #1 reason why... NO LOOT!  Okay so yeah, there's these rare enhancements for specific kind of superheroes.  But that's it.  EQ2, I'm looting earrings with powers.  I just finished a quest that gave me a new pair of Armor Leggings with +1 Int +2 Sta.  Not only does it change my stats, but it also changes my looks.  CoH it doesn't.

And best of all... EQ2 is a fantasy game.  You got a huge city to explore, with dungeons and forests.  Exit the city into the wilderness of Antonica, and you got huge waterfalls, mountains, even larger forests with tones of places to explore.  In not even a week of play, I've visited about 1% of what Everquest has to offer.

CoH... in 1 month of play, even if I kept going, it's still a city no matter where you go.  Sure there will be parks to visit, some sewers or caverns.  Sucky thing is, most of those dungeons are all identical :P

____ _ ____________ _ ____

Everquest 2 female elves are HAWT! World of Warcraft nightelves are NAWT! I'm not an EQ2 fanboy, I'm an elf fanboy. (^_^)

I'll go for blond hair, white skin elves anyday!!!
    ____ _ ____________ _ ____

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• PasomattPasomatt Member Posts: 221

I didn't like the repetitiveness of CoH. Or what seemed like very quick (and shallow) character development. But I also don't like superheroes.

I'm loving Everquest 2. So yeah. EQ2!

• Amd64_FX_53Amd64_FX_53 Member Posts: 421
    EQ2 blowsimagei played it.

Imperium Acranum rapped me