Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to OWN and become invincible in SWG! A true, but sad story.

JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Hi everyone,

for those of you who never played, or are currently playing Star Wars Galaxies, I just wanted to share some info on how to become invincible in Star Wars Galaxies due to the poor support from the developers to balance this game to make the game actually fun and challenging rather than making it a total bore where you click and don't even have to look at the screen because you simply cannot die.

#1 - Start by getting money.  Either join a guild and beg them for money, make a friend and beg them for money, or actually play but you won't be invincible for at least 1 month if you do.  Besides, there are so many billionaire players out there (Heck if I could make 10 million credits in 1 week selling droids, imagine those who only put the effort into it)

#2 - You'll need about 150,000 credits to become invincible for a total of 2-3 hours.  So start begging.

#3 - Find a good armorsmith (And considering this game has been out for more than a year, good armorsmiths are everywhere).  You need to only buy 3 pieces of armor called "Composite Armor Chest" "Composite Armor Helmet" and "Composite Armor Boots".  Don't bother with any other piece of armor because the game sucks and creatures only hit your head, chest and feet... all other body parts are somehow never hit.  Check the description for each armor piece, they must have at least 80% Kinetic Resistance.  Don't worry if every other resistances are crappy, because creatures in the wilderness only deal Kinetic Damage so you will prevent 80% damage from 100% creatures in the game. Sweet huh?

#4 - Now that you have your armor, take a shuttle to either Planet Corellia city of Coronet.  Planet Naboo city of Theed.  Or planet Dantooine in the Minings Outpost.  These 3 busy areas will always have Master Doctor players that are "buffing".  By tipping them money they will increase your stats by over +2000 for 3 total hours.  They usually charge in between 8k to 15k. Any docs that charge over 15k just wanna make extra cash.

#5 - Now that you have a doctor buff, go to Planet Corellia city of Coronet.  Head to the Bazaar and search the Drinks section for Vasarian Brandy then the Foods section for Canape.  They usually go for 6000 credits each, but if you find a player selling some, you can get them for much cheaper.  Whatever the case is, you need Brandy and Canape.  This will boost all your mind stats.  Don't drink or eat this until you are in a fight.

#6 (optional) - Go to any Cantina, find a Master Musician and ask if they can buff your Focus+Stamina.  This will double your Focus+Stamina for 2 hours.  Problem is, most Musicians are AFK or are not friendly nor helpful.  But don't worry, with Brandy and Canape you should be fine.  Don't bother getting buffed by a Dancer, they buff your mind which is totally useless, it's Focus and Willpower that matters.

You are ready!
Now why does this make you invincible?  Because if you did everything from above, you can kill almost 70% of all the creatures in this game.

By equipping a helmet, chest and boot armor, you automatically cover all hit areas on your body.  The game is programmed that when anything hits your legs, the damage is distributed to your feet.  Same goes for hits to your hands and arms, the damage is distributed to your chest.  Pretty dumb huh?

Since all damage will be redirected to a 80% Kinetic Resistance piece of armor, and all creatures deal Kinetic Damage, you are only receiving 20% damage.

And since you got a Doctor buff which can easily quadruple your Health and Action stats, 20% damage from a creature to your chest will maybe hurt you, but you will regenerate that damage back every second.  So unless the creature can hit you 4 times a second (Which is impossible) your Health and Action can never be harmed.

Same goes for your mind.  By drinking Brandy you can get almost +400 to your mind stats, drink 2 and you get +800 for the next 45 minutes!  Eat some Canape and your mind is even more invincible every 10 minutes!  AND ON TOP OF THAT, if you had just doubled your Focus & Willpower by a Musician, you have a Mind Buff + Brandy + Canape rendering your mind invincible too.  Plus your Helmet prevents 80% kinetic damage too!

Isn't this UBER?  Or is Star Wars Galaxies just too freaking easy to play.  Everyone is doing this, everyone doesn't hunt anymore without getting a doctor buff and brandy+canape in their backpacks, and everyone always wears either 80% Kinetic Composite Armor or Ubese Armor.  Thus making the game uber easy to play, no challenge whatsoever... so if you wanna play SWG and master a profession and create an UBER template, do it now... the game is still unbalanced and SOE is not thinking of changing this for the next couple of months.  Heck it's been like this for as long as I can remember... 6 months?  Maybe more?

Whatever... I quit SWG because when you can become a Master Rifleman + Master Fencer in less than two weeks (Which used to take me almost 2-3 months to become a Master of anything) it's sad to see how this game will turn out to be in a couple of months from now.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

Comments

• akibaruakibaru Member Posts: 44

this is sad but true:(
    One of the 34343434343434 reasons why i dont play swg anymore:)

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

I miss the days people actually formed groups to go and hunt together.  These days, the only groups that are formed at Solo-groups because even the richest newbie with barely any skills can do what I wrote above and kill creatures even I was not able to kill as a Teras Kasi Novice 6 months ago.

Since the revamp of the Doctor profession with their new UBER Buff packs... it killed the game...

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• pittbull1pittbull1 Member Posts: 108

yeah, i miss the good old days when we had to have one big ass group to hunt voritor hunters and stuff.
    I still remember my shock the first time i saw somone standing there shouting for a voritor hunter solo group..

since then i have solod krayts, GDK and allmost everything else in the game :( this game was way better before soe wanted to "FIX" it.::::27::

Master Brawler
    Master fencer
    Master TKA
    Novice Medic
    Scout 4 0 0 0
    Member of MASC

This is not the post your looking for, move along

If pitbulls could lock their jaw the first pitbull would still be hanging on

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

The original poster is 100% correct....

This game has become a steaming pile now because of the uber armor and buffs. This is what ruined grouping and the community of the game. It made mobs that were supposedly high end content to be completely soloable by low skill players.

This coupled with the jedi debacle which ruined PVP for everyone (also the overpowered poison CM) have made the game unattractive. The players among us who started this game on release day remember what a fun and dynamic game it used to be and long for those first few months of play when that game was good and getting better.

It is unfortunately now bad and getting worse.

"I believe that there will ultimately be a clash between the oppressed and those that do the oppressing. I believe that there will be a clash between those who want freedom, justice and equality for everyone and those who want to continue the systems of exploitation."
    Malcolm X.

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• LuRaviLuRavi Member UncommonPosts: 239
    you are mistaken to think when the game was released on Day One that it was "Fun and dynamic" it was broken on Day One as well, just apparently in different ways that it is broken now from what you guys describe.
  • EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

you, my friend, described it perfectly lol

You listed step by step of everything I did to hunt Rancors solo. I became a Master Commando in 3 weeks and had over 2 million credits.

I had 4 spare sets of composite armor in my house as well as 8 sets of Ubese armor. I threw away my armor like it was trash when it got under 40%. lol, a year ago someone would thought u were retarded for throwing away composite armor with 80% stats even if it did have only 10% quality left.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Ahh... it's so sad indeed... doesn't matter... so many people quit SWG, I'm curious to find out if ALL Veteran Players have already quit SWG.  Most of them didn't care about Jump to Lightspeed either.  They just wanted the core of the game fixed.  And SOE kept saying they will only fix the core of the game months after JTL is released.

And knowing SOE, JTL is gonna be hella buggy at launch, it will take months to fix things up, make it balanced and working, thus delaying the combat balance.  Which will mean the game will remain the way it is for months to come.  More and more vetaran players will quit.

What's kind of sad is that I actually see regular players bringing in their newbie friends into the game BECAUSE the game is uber easy to play.

Anyways, like I said before, if you love easy to play games where you can achieve your goal and pretty much do and explore 90% of the entire game within 1-2 months, Star Wars Galaxies is for you!

___________ ___ __ _ _ _

•  The above poster says to beg. I want to say in no game does anyone like beggers. The idea is to play any game to have fun. You will not have an enjoyable gaming experience by begging. So do not do it. For anyone new to MMORPGs, do not do it. No one will like you. And your gaming experience will not be good.

-Personal Website (A Work in progress):
    http://www.geocities.com/xplororor/index.html
    -AC, AC2, AO, EQ, SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor
    -More SWG:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/captain_sica_xol
    -EverQuest II:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_eq2archives01
    -EQ, Dungeon Siege, Diablo II, *UXO*:
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01
    -EVE Online !!!
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

• MonthigosMonthigos Staff WriterMember Posts: 61

This post is 100% true. This is how I hunt in SWG everday. In fact today I spent two hours in a Rebel bunker with novice Carbineer and between my own buffs (I'm a Master Doc), brandy and canape I was virtually invincible. This is my thirteenth profession mastery, and I felt like doing carbineer because I got sick of melee and how un-Star Warsy it felt.

I had fun today but it definitely isn't a challenge. The corvette and DWB are more challenging, but I haven't done either in months because everyone in my guild is either farming the Geo caves, or off soloing. Which is fine because I'm usually off soloing myself.

I don't even like to PvP anymore - I play DAoC if I ever feel like PvP. Sure people don't like the PvP in that game, but compared to the PvP in SWG its a so much easier to compete. Last time I PvPed I was killed by Jedi three times in a row, each time KDed with Saber Throw and ripped apart once down. I don't pretend to have good equipment, and typically take a support role to the serious PvPers, but with Jedi our entire group is down fast. Unless of course we're in a Jedi gank squad and we find them solo. Its pretty much the only way to take them on. But big group PvPing is difficult if not impossible unless both sides have a balanced number of Knights, because the Jedi just cut through us regular folk.

To be honest I'm kinda dreading the combat revamp because I'm so used to soloing. I know MMORPGs are all about grouping, but when you haven't done it in a while its hard to go back to being dependant on other people.

- m o n t h i g o s -
    www.avixiva.com

- m o n t h i g o s -

My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of MMORPG.com

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

I wouldn't say totally invincible......every now and then a Janta or Mokk camp might kill ya via the ole' KD/Dizzy boot-party, but it's like once a day.....maybe. And then just 'till you learn the tricks.

This game is so broken it's not funny. So much potential wasted. I really loved this game, I loved my commando....but there was no challenge to it at all. Add to this problem the fact that everyone's trying to get Jedi, just so they can bitch that Jedi are still broken, and I just refused to pay anymore.

Maybe someday someone in power will listen to the NON-JEDI-WANNABE fans and fix the damn game, but I doubt it.

My colon can beat up your colon.

• NightbrotherNightbrother Member Posts: 35

The revamp should (and could) fix a whole heap of things. It will put the 'group' back where it belongs, so that people can't do Janta and Mokk missions by themselves anymore. A way of doing this is reducing the stats of buff and heightening the HAM number of all monsters and NPCs by a very great amount, so that you very much can't run out and slay Giant Dune Kimogila's by yourself anymore, something I was doing easily yesterday. I'd love it, if it took 10-20 people to kill a kimogila, it IS after all a HUGE desert lizard that should easily be able to squash people underfoot. I shouldn't be able to stand right next to it, without being damaged at ALL.

Monsters and NPCs (most of them anyway) are WAY to weak. For a challenge you need to kill things that have more than 50k HAM (short for Health, Action & Mind for anyone that didn't know. :)), and those can be hard to find.

SOE, fix your game, or it will die. Good thing is, SOE have said that 80% of the staff that was working on JTL have now been moved over to work on the revamp and on current problems with the ground game.

• adamk22adamk22 Member Posts: 233

i have been a droid engineer for 5 months now or so, and i know that there's no way to earn 10 mill in 1 week by selling droinds, if you can tell me how :P

Banzai!

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

I've been a DE for about 10 months and have barely made 10mil in all that time.

Originally posted by Jodokai

I've been a DE for about 10 months and have barely made 10mil in all that time.

You wanna know why?  It's cause you people suck at DE.  On Kauri server, Pyrrhus (I hope that's how his name is spelt) and I (my character's name was Khilli) were pretty much the only 2 Droid Engineers that actually sold GOOD variety droids.  And when I mean good variety, I'm not talking about these crappy DE vendors that only sell Exploding MSE droids.  Those crappy DE's really don't know the game.

I mean I work in retail in RL, I know that if you don't supply what the people want, your company will fail.

I knew what people wanted.  It only took me 3 months of playing SWG to find out, and so many DE's never did it.

Who the hell needs exploding MSE droids?  No one... who ever makes crates of that crap ends up having their vendor fully stocked of it all the time cause no one buys.  I was able to make millions selling Advanced R3 Droids with **6** exploding modules!  If I remember well, they deal 10k damage in 1 explosion and is the reason I was able to sell 1 R3 droid with 6 explosion modules for 60k each.  Yes you read well, 60k, crafted by materials with the needed stats of 900 and over.  The lowest I'd go was 850 on some ocassions.

Another huge seller were ADV LE Repair Droids with 1 Repair Unit and 2-3 (I forgot the amount) Combat Modules.  See... if you're a GOOD DE, and you did some research instead of selling god awful Probe Droids with combat modules, YOU'D KNOW that LE Repair Droids have the highest HAM of all droids.  The only disadvantage versus a Probe Droid was that they are slower in movement... but at 30k per LE Repair Droid with... correct me if I'm wrong 6k/6k/6k HAM, who in the world would pay more or less money for a Probe Droid that had less than 4k/4k/4k HAM?

Another huge seller was ADV R3 Droids with *ALL* Entertainer Modules.  I'm sick of seeing DE vendors that sell crappy R4's or even worst... MSE droids with like 1-3 entertainer modules.  For crying out loud, there's 6 Entertainer Modules to craft, what droid can carry 6 modules?  An Advanced R3 Droid... so why craft anything except ADV R3's?  Think about it... ADV R3's at 50k each, all the entertainers around Coronet bought my Entertainer Droids from me.  Heck it was either me or Pyrrhus when I was out of stock.

And the worst are Seeker and Arakyd Droids for bounty hunters.  I mean there's DE Vendors that only sell that... as if they are the only 2 droids that sell?  Gimme a break, I just mentioned above my best sellers, these 2 babies sold even better than hot cakes, since I had an amazing reputation as having a huge variety of droids, Bounty Hunters came to ME to buy Seeker and Arakyd CRATES (I never sold'em in singles) every day. 

I had 4 factories running every day.  2 were dedicated to always crafting Seekers and Arakyds, and the other 2 were dedicated to crafting the misc droids whenever I ran out of a type.

See... any crafting profession in SWG you have to be dedicated, and if you are, everyone comes to you.  Pyrrhus and I dominated the Coronet area for almost 4 straight months.  The only reason I quit Droid Engineering was to do nothing more than do the Jedi quests.

I mean think, it's logical, put yourself in a position where you need a droid, and sell that kind of droid that is needed.  I did that, so I sold what was needed and became a millionaire.

I never looted a Krayt Pearl in my entire life... I bought them... 5 million was nothing.  Too bad all those krayt pearls went to waste.

____ _ ____________ _ ____

Scissors & Wood Glue - 19.99$
    Lineage II Platinum Edition DVD - 59.99$
    Having more fun building the 3D Elf Paper doll that came free with the game rather than playing Lineage II - Priceless.

For everything else, there's Mastercard.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _

Oh I just wanted to add something...

reason why LE Repair Droids are considered the BEST Droid Combat Pet in all droids is not only cause they have the highest HAM, but also cause they are MELEE!!!

Probe Droids deal range damage, and what's worst than having your Probe Droid attack with a laser, attracting all mobs towards your droid and you since it's firing at a distance, compared to a LE Repair Droid that's Melee.  You tell it to attack, it will run to the mob and start attacking, keeping all mobs away from you so you can easily Pistol, Carbine or Rifle shoot it from far.

When guilds ask you to mass produce 50 of these for them and you sell 50 LE Repair Droids at 20k each (Cause my regular price is 30k each)... that's 1 million credits!   I'm not saying I sold 50 a week, but with the amount of LE Repair Droids I sold in my SWG lifetime, a good 5-7 million came from there.

Remember, craft LE REpair Droids from crap quality ressources and you will not cap their HAM.  They will be as bad as a Probe Droid with capped HAM and veteran players will not buy your droids.

Scissors & Wood Glue - 19.99$
    Lineage II Platinum Edition DVD - 59.99$
    Having more fun building the 3D Elf Paper doll that came free with the game rather than playing Lineage II - Priceless.

For everything else, there's Mastercard.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

FFS lol, just wrote a REAL detialed post about the flaws in SWG combat on the whole, and Jedi and JTL destroying whatever ground game there is elft, but i guess it was so long the forums couldnt handle the flames!! and it didnt post :D

Oh well, nothing said that ahsnt been said before i guess.

Vegetto - Farstar (SWG)
    V3g3tto - Werner (Planetside)

• jd269jd269 Member Posts: 225

When the game was released it was just the same.. only to become UBAH you need novice ch which you could get easily with the help of your friendly probot who made you almost uber already even if you had no skills at all.

• JodokaiJodokai Member Posts: 1,621

First of all, it was a joke and anyone who had REALLY been a DE would understand. No I'm actually a pretty damn good DE thanks for asking.

Second of all, just because something sells on your server doesn't mean it sells on every server. My biggest sellers to this day are exploding MSE droids. Those and Battereies can keep my whole operation running. And I don't sell an ADV R3 for less than 75k

Third, your LE combat droid is a joke. You've half-@$$ed both sides. You've taken away most of the repair modules that would have kept it going to give it combat modules that will do next to no damage. Great idea there. If you really want to make a tank, make an LE with 1 crappy combat module and all repair. This will tank and not steal XP. Maybe you need to do some reasearch. An even better Tank is an ADV R3 with 1 crappy Combat Module. Sure it has 1500 less HAM but the added repair keep it fighting longer, plus it can go Hand to Hand or ranged. Probots with all 5 combat modules do the most damage, about as much as an FWG5 (175-185 damage) which is perfect for the TKM that just needs another type of damage besides kinetic, again practice what you preach with the research.

Fourth, Doirds don't decay. I'm still using my very first medical bot that I got almost a year ago. Once everyone has one, business is over.

Fifth, the only people that need pets are the newbies that cannot afford the good combat droids to begin with.

And finally, sure I could make a million a week as a DE (especially with JtL out now) or I could make a million in 3 hours doing missions with my TKM. You do the math.