Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classic Cluster questions

sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

Does the classic cluster include Shrouded Isles or just the original game. What timeframe does it take place?

Has the leveling speed, health recovery speed been increased in this cluster? I just remember how painfully slow leveling was back at release, and how long it took to recover health if you weren't a healing class.

Thanks!

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

Comments

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

classic only differ from normal servers in only 2 ways.  They don't have the Trials of Atlantis expansion, and buffs have a range on them and you have to be grouped to have the buffs.  I prefer normal servers,but mainly because that's where I have all my characters level 50 and majority of my friends are there.  I do play on classic a little, but not much.

• sevitothsevitoth Member UncommonPosts: 375

Thanks for the info.

One last question, how far is the range on buffs? I quit DAOC before they put that rule in. I may go the buff bot route if the range isn't too short. I don't really want to drag a second character around with me, but if I can, lets say, park him outside of Muspelheim while I run around inside, I'll do it.

Currently Playing: DAOC Uthgard

Previously Played: UO, DAOC, Shadowbane, AC2, SWG, Horizons, COX, WOW, EQ2, LOTRO, AOC, WAR, Vanguard, Rift, SWTOR, ESO, GW2.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

If you want to go the bot route go to normal servers, park your bot anywhere you want and buff up and go.  There is no limit on the normal servers and you don't have to be in a group.

On classic servers the range is not much greater then bolt range so you'll pretty much have to hitch the bot to your bumper and haul him around.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-