Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA new MMO

QinshienQinshien Member Posts: 26

so what you all think about Tera?

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/10756.html

Looks crazy, and if it's like this, it's going to be one of the best MMo's

Don't hate because I'm awesome

Comments

• EverithEverith Member CommonPosts: 482

Yea i've been TRYING to follow this for a little while now. Looks ALOT like a monsterhunter type game but with hoards of mobs instead of 1 big dragon and magic. simlar "Arena fight" style gameplay and swinging mechanics. Looking forward to seeing more... just always weary of 3rd party titles ya know?

• Carl132pCarl132p Member UncommonPosts: 538

looks fun enough but the video doesnt say anything about whats in the game. For all we know it could be a grinder which is not fun at all.

Its a not a third party developer btw.

• EverithEverith Member CommonPosts: 482

Well what I meant was it's not a AAA title here in the westlands lol didn't mean anything derogoritory.

• lifehuelifehue Member Posts: 77

Yeah, I just found out about this game yesterday and watched the trailer. It looks interesting, but I wonder if it would even make it to EU/NA!

Many cool looking Asian games don't release here which is a bummer. I do understand though that many Asian games tend to be more of a grinder type, and that doesn't appeal much to the many western crowd.

Edit: wouldn't it be nice to combine the strangth of both and create a game that has more of the western type of gaming, and maybe a combind storyline from both West and East with Designers from both working together to come up with something awesome !!!

• Valador_TERAValador_TERA Member Posts: 38

Since these forums blow for any real information about the awesome games that arent even listed here...

Head over to http://mmoriot.com/tera for GOOD info. on TERA.

My job here is done, peace.

• rankor2rankor2 Member UncommonPosts: 115

Tera looks really great. Good looking graphics and the game play looks nice and fast. Hope this gets released in Australia.

• NeoVeniNeoVeni Member Posts: 15
    Originally posted by lifehue

Yeah, I just found out about this game yesterday and watched the trailer. It looks interesting, but I wonder if it would even make it to EU/NA!
    Many cool looking Asian games don't release here which is a bummer. I do understand though that many Asian games tend to be more of a grinder type, and that doesn't appeal much to the many western crowd.
    Edit: wouldn't it be nice to combine the strangth of both and create a game that has more of the western type of gaming, and maybe a combind storyline from both West and East with Designers from both working together to come up with something awesome !!!

Yea...Its called Aion...NC just has to get off their duffs and release it over here...

As for Terra...For now it looks extremely promising and I've loved all the vids I saw of it, but as with any lovely looking Asian game I'll reserve judgment until the specifics of the gameplay are finalized.

• SarbocabrasSarbocabras Member Posts: 257

This looks great although I'm scarcely excited considering all asian mmorpgs haven't been what the trailers were but regardless of that I'm not sterotyping asian developers I'm just not going to dwell alot on this game but Iw ill continue tp follow it.

• fedfiercefedfierce Member UncommonPosts: 60

That looks amazing, I haven't even heard of it up until now.

• GamerBenGamerBen Member Posts: 52

the chick characters won it for me =-B

• Koen83Koen83 Member UncommonPosts: 66

Trully looks awesome. Waitng for this and TCoS. We will see what kind of gameplay it has tho.

• IhmoteppIhmotepp Member Posts: 14,495

This sort of combat is not what I'm looking for in an MMORPG.

• eldanesh117eldanesh117 Member Posts: 141
    Originally posted by SonGokul

LIke I care what kind of combat you are looking for.Are you 10 year old ??!?

This is a FORUM, where people express their OPINIONS. Just because their opinions don't match yours, it doesn't give you a reason to say "GTFO OF MAI FORUMZ".

On-topic:

Just learned about this game just a few days back. Visually, it's breathtaking. It's amazing what new MMOs that Korea has coming out of there. The minimalist HUD system is also a refreshing change from the usual skillbar/HP and MP/chat windows on every MMO out there.

Also, I've heard remarks about how much it looks like Lineage. The Creative Designer from L2 is working on this game. And we probably won't be seeing this game for while.

TGWTETIPTNMAITC! -Gary Whitta

• QinshienQinshien Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Sarbocabras

This looks great although I'm scarcely excited considering all asian mmorpgs haven't been what the trailers were but regardless of that I'm not sterotyping asian developers I'm just not going to dwell alot on this game but Iw ill continue tp follow it.

LOL... cool but I have yet to see anything reach Tera's quality on the internet... Only thing that comes anywhere close is Aion...   The days of target attacking are of the past and outdated... Free action play is the future of MMo's well for a while... :D Hack/slash style with RPG, intensive modifications, reminds me of the older diablos, but this looks lightsyears away from Diablo...  Meaning even diablo 3 doesn't compare to this... Hope Blizz is looking behind their backs....

Originally posted by Ihmotepp

This sort of combat is not what I'm looking for in an MMORPG.

LMAO, then I guess u like the old style of targeting and auto targeting... etc... boring... no skill...  Free/form action combat is the best and provides a more fluid and intuitive gameplay... UO-> WOW and even WAR all use targetting... snores....  If you like to be engaged into your games, and actually be emersed in it... action combat is the best which is what I think a lot of people like better.... 

The MMO of old is too old time to move on to something more immersive.... you can't hang on to the past ;)

Originally posted by Koen83

Trully looks awesome. Waitng for this and TCoS. We will see what kind of gameplay it has tho.

When I was watching This, I thought about TCOS, but damn... TCOS has nothing compared to this... Free/form combat... but graphics, sounds, etc... yikes... TCOS is looking dated as it is... I was gonna try TCOS but now... I don't think I will... ;)

Oh and that Galka looking caster dude... looks FF11... ;) I want this game....

Here is what Bluehole says about the games combat system...

Action-like gameplay! Immersive battles!  

"1,2,3,1,2,3…"

Facing the mob and repeatedly pressing a skill button is no longer exciting.

Even the unprecedented hit title, WoW, doesn't deviate from the traditional combat system.

TERA introduces a ground-breaking innovation to the MMORPG combat system.

From the start, the company hoped to realize a combat system that would set a new global standard. After careful consideration, it was decided that TERA's fight sequences should closely resemble real fight scenes. Hence, TERA will introduce omni-directional attacks, where distance and direction must be coordinated for weapons and spells to work; moreover, healers must continuously take new battle positions to cast spells. Also, depending on body weight ratio between a mob and player, an enemy hit will register a fall-back reflect. These are some of the innovative features in TERA.

Also, unlike games that claim to be a MMORPG by emphasizing action-style gameplay, TERA does not utilize zoning (section loading). All users will seamlessly move throughout the world, sharing a singular combat experience. Moreover, the foundation for the innovative combat system originates from the robust client/server technology. This breakthrough technology is one of the many revolutionary features developed by Bluehole to enhance the end-user experience.

If you want to read more go to BlueHole site below...

http://bluehole.net/eng/index.html

• eldanesh117eldanesh117 Member Posts: 141

So they're making fights feel more like fights and less of a turn-based RPG.

That's all cool with me.

TGWTETIPTNMAITC! -Gary Whitta

• aZzAYaZzAY Member Posts: 59

It looks great and its far from the classic fantasy combat system too.

• SarbocabrasSarbocabras Member Posts: 257

All I have to say about "T.E.R.A"

PWNAGE