Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High Quality Darkfall Ingame Pics

124»

Comments

• nikoliathnikoliath Member UncommonPosts: 1,154
    Originally posted by javac

Originally posted by GeniusSage

How many people that are slating the graphics have actually played the game for themselves? Videos and screenshots do not do the game justice imo.

^ hit the nail on the head.

the best thing about DF graphics is the *feel* of the world when you are in it. regardless of the crappy animations and mid-range character graphics, the game world *feels* SO much more immersive & realistic than WAR, AoC, WOW etc.

so from an world experience point of view, DF graphics are really great IMO, even if on a purely visual level they fall roughly into the middle of the pack.

i would have to agree

• rikiliirikilii Member UncommonPosts: 1,084

The game doesn't look bad if nobody moves.

• ougaritougarit Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by Paragus1

Screens given by the OP are nice (the world not the chars) but this one is simply AWFULL

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

I think the graphics are nice. The biggest problem might be animations I guess..  All those ppl screaming how crap it looks.. go play AoC if you're so obssessed with good graphics. ==;

• Da1eDa1e Member Posts: 357
    Originally posted by pineapples

wow this is innovative... if it was 2003.

love comments like this. just because there has been 6 years of graphical improvement it means what, that every game has to be top of the range so only those with 1k+ machines can run?

its also just proof of how materialistic people are, and the whole nature of buying the latest technology simply for the sake of it, who needs a perfectly good 30 inch TV when you can have a flashy new 50 inch!

on a positive note, i think the graphics are of a playable quality and i hope to play this game soon, with not much trouble from my PC! thanks!

----------------
    Hello!

• javacjavac Member Posts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Galadourn

To put it simply, Mount & Blade has better quality graphics than DF (both texture-wise and modelling-wise), and that is something I wasn't expecting really...

you can't compare the graphics of single-player games & MMOGs; single-player games will always be able to push the graphics bar higher.

even then, DF looks much much better than M&B anyway.

• javacjavac Member Posts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Da1e

love comments like this. just because there has been 6 years of graphical improvement it means what, that every game has to be top of the range so only those with 1k+ machines can run?

it's just a dumb thing to say anyway. WoW is churning along on graphics that were outdated when it released in 2004. it's 2009 and they are still shipping the same ultra-low poly, no-shader graphics they were nearly 5 years ago.

• erandurerandur Member Posts: 727

it's just a dumb thing to say anyway. WoW is churning along on graphics that were outdated when it released in 2004. it's 2009 and they are still shipping the same ultra-low poly, no-shader graphics they were nearly 5 years ago.

Which is normal? There are as good as no MMORPG's that make good use of shaders. And there are almost no games that make good use of shaders!

For example, how many games have you seen using parallax mapping? The half-life 2/source engine doesn't even support them. They don't sue it that much because it consumes a bit more graphical memory. but I see some games actually modelling the bricks of a wall, while their engine does support parallex, or even normal mapping.

Others games use shader model 4.0, or even 4.1 (assassin's creed), just for the water effects or improved lighting...

Honestly, games which use shaders, but don't know how to use them effectively, earn way less respect than games which don't even try, and focus on low-end graphics.

You know it, the best way to realize your dreams is waking up and start moving, never lose hope and always keep up.

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367
    Originally posted by Nafunieru

Leave it to pc gamers to always complain about everything. I am by no means a Darkfall fan, infact I think the hype that surrounds this game is quite ridiculous, but DF's graphics aren't that bad at all. AoC has a great graphics engine for an mmo and yet I see it constantly get bashed on these forums, so exactly what the hell don't you guys complain about? 
    If this game can provide the same amount of fun I had back in UO and AC Darktide then I am really satisfied with its graphics. If I want awesome graphics I will go play Killzone 2 on my ps3 or I'll load up Crysis. Seriously, not every game has to have amazing graphics.

A little ignorance goes a long way.  Keep in mind that these people who are rabid complainers are not PC Gamers, they are forum trolls.  I doubt the difference needs explanation but as you already identify this site is full of it.

OP, thanks for the screen shots!  The game looks pretty nice from what I've seen and heard from qualified individuals and you're proving they haven't been too far off. 

Trolls, why is there no effort to provide comparison if it's thought this game looks like 10 year old crap?

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360
    Originally posted by mindspat

Leave it to pc gamers to always complain about everything. I am by no means a Darkfall fan, infact I think the hype that surrounds this game is quite ridiculous, but DF's graphics aren't that bad at all. AoC has a great graphics engine for an mmo and yet I see it constantly get bashed on these forums, so exactly what the hell don't you guys complain about? 
    If this game can provide the same amount of fun I had back in UO and AC Darktide then I am really satisfied with its graphics. If I want awesome graphics I will go play Killzone 2 on my ps3 or I'll load up Crysis. Seriously, not every game has to have amazing graphics.

A little ignorance goes a long way.  Keep in mind that these people who are rabid complainers are not PC Gamers, they are forum trolls.  I doubt the difference needs explanation but as you already identify this site is full of it.

OP, thanks for the screen shots!  The game looks pretty nice from what I've seen and heard from qualified individuals and you're proving they haven't been too far off. 

Trolls, why is there no effort to provide comparison if it's thought this game looks like 10 year old crap?

We assume that everyone reading here has their very own set of eyeballs... or at least one good one.  They can see for themselves how bad the game looks.  The title of this thread should say high resolution, because these screenshots certainly aren't high quality....  no screenshots from this game are.

• jonyakjonyak Member Posts: 320
    Originally posted by Salvatoris

We assume that everyone reading here has their very own set of eyeballs... or at least one good one.  They can see for themselves how bad the game looks.  The title of this thread should say high resolution, because these screenshots certainly aren't high quality....  no screenshots from this game are.

So first you go on to tell me that jusgeing the graphics is subjective, then you make a definitive statement on the quality of the games graphics.

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Originally posted by mindspat

Leave it to pc gamers to always complain about everything. 

Keep in mind that these people who are rabid complainers are not PC Gamers, they are forum trolls.  I doubt the difference needs explanation but as you already identify this site is full of it.

I'll start by showing a comparison since others appear to be affraid to step up.  The following will be from Dungeons & Dragons Online which were not taken by me, or they would look a hell of a lot better.  ;)

http://home.eckerd.edu/~moorewr/lj/image/ddo/Mod8/dragon-killers.jpg

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj111/Storman1977/ScreenShot00019.jpg

http://www.ddo.com/files/63/14/61/62/1491.jpg

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

Originally posted by Galadourn

To put it simply, Mount & Blade has better quality graphics than DF (both texture-wise and modelling-wise), and that is something I wasn't expecting really...

you can't compare the graphics of single-player games & MMOGs; single-player games will always be able to push the graphics bar higher.

even then, DF looks much much better than M&B anyway.

in the particular example, you can. M&B doesn't have taxiing graphics. It simply has  a careful selection of textures, and good object geometry (and a much, much bigger skybox).

It is a personal opinion, but I found DF graphics significantly worse than M&B.

• tombear81tombear81 Member Posts: 810

High quality looks ok.  If i had not seen videos I would be interested in this game. Howver the animations bad and as stated many time.. the combat is simplistic. The rawness I can forgive.. the mindless simplicity I would like to see made more complex to make combat seem more than left mouse btn click fest. Doubt this will happen though.

Static screens look beareable though... I think AV spent some time making static screenies look ok.

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

its also just proof of how materialistic people are, and the whole nature of buying the latest technology simply for the sake of it, who needs a perfectly good 30 inch TV when you can have a flashy new 50 inch!

on a positive note, i think the graphics are of a playable quality and i hope to play this game soon, with not much trouble from my PC! thanks!

common sense would say that most consumer will compare a product to other products out, when said product is released.

it is assanine to think that reasonable people would compare a game's graphics to today's games, see the graphics are subpar in comparison, and then go "wow, that game looks great".

we do give logical judgements based upon what a reasonable person would do - not an idiotic one, not a zealous follower, etc... a REASONABLE person.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• SalvatorisSalvatoris Member Posts: 1,360
    Originally posted by jonyak

So first you go on to tell me that jusgeing the graphics is subjective, then you make a definitive statement on the quality of the games graphics.

Oh i never said it was subjective.  I don't think people are criticizing this game based on it's artistic style... but rather the technical limitations of the engine and or ineptitude of the actual programmers.  Anyone who has seen the screenshots of this game can see that it looks like a game several years old.. No need to post screenshots of other old games to prove it. :/

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

GUYS LETS ALL COMPARE THE AWESOME GRAPHICS OF EXTREMELY ZONED MMORPGS WITH THE GRAPHICS OF AN ABSOLUTELY SEAMLESS WORLD. THAT WILL GET THEM!!!

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

I swear, the Darkfall Trollbase is the worst (most idiotic) i have ever seen, even worse than xbox 360 fanboys trolling the ps3.

• Pale_RiderPale_Rider Member UncommonPosts: 62

Trying to get a high quality shot of town uploaded

.i175.photobucket.com/albums/w137/sk8er754/Highqualitytown2.jpg

• HorkathaneHorkathane Member Posts: 380

As long as the game play is top notch. I really hate games with uber graphics and then you get to level 30 and are bored off your ass (wow, aoc, vanguard, eq2). I just hope this game brings back the hardcore days of EQ 1 with corpse runs for an hour and trains.  Those were fun. All new games are glamour and glitz with no substance.

I hope Dark Fall makes a hit.

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

considering this is not instanced like aoc, and runs so well even with masses of people in a massive map: I think DF probably has the best mmo graphics out. which is kind of shocking since this is a pretty ameteur indy company who build thier own bloody engine.

but they are NOT at all perfect. I have serious BEEF with the character models and animations. which both look like they where done by 16 year old school kids. seriously they are so terribly drawn you can tell the artist has never done life drawing, and they really constrast with the rest of the graphics.

I only wish mele was also first person so I didn't have to look at myself... ever. hopefully AV will use some of thier payed open beta to employ people who actually have qualifications in degrees like animation.

My blog: image

• soap46soap46 Member Posts: 169
    Originally posted by Consensus

considering this is not instanced like aoc, and runs so well even with masses of people in a massive map: I think DF probably has the best mmo graphics out. which is kind of shocking since this is a pretty ameteur indy company who build thier own bloody engine.
    but they are NOT at all perfect. I have serious BEEF with the character models and animations. which both look like they where done by 16 year old school kids. seriously they are so terribly drawn you can tell the artist has never done life drawing, and they really constrast with the rest of the graphics.
    I only wish mele was also first person so I didn't have to look at myself... ever. hopefully AV will use some of thier payed open beta to employ people who actually have qualifications in degrees like animation.

I totally agree that the character models are complete crap.  The animations make them look even worse.  The enviornment isn't that bad, but it has this weird muddy tinge to the fog that I just can't look at...

AoC isn't instanced BTW.  Only levels 1-20.  (and only some of it at that)  Given, it is split into large zones, but many games are.

• heartlessheartless Member UncommonPosts: 4,993
    Originally posted by soap46

I totally agree that the character models are complete crap.  The animations make them look even worse.  The enviornment isn't that bad, but it has this weird muddy tinge to the fog that I just can't look at...

AoC isn't instanced BTW.  Only levels 1-20.  (and only some of it at that)  Given, it is split into large zones, but many games are.

Even DF is split into zones. If you look at the world map, you'll see that it's made up of squares, each of those squares is a zone to help deal with server load and when you cross the boundary between 2 zones, there is a slight graphic/lag twitch. Those zones are basically instances.

In other words, the world map is seamless in the same way that WoW's map is seamless. The only difference is that I can run all over Kalimdor and not have to deal with "zone skipping" once.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by soap46

They are completely different. AoC has zoned instances. When more than xx number of people enter a zone a new instance of that zone appears for people to play on. At launch the newbie areas would have 4-6 instances up at a time. Seamless doesn't mean there aren't "loading zones" to help regulate load, it just means that there is only 1 instance of the entire world that all players of a sever play on.  Even if there is a load twitch as heartless says, doesn't mean its an instance in the same sense AoC is.

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• KatrarKatrar Member Posts: 168

A game that requires a modern machine to replicate 5 or 6 year old graphics. Sweet jump forward for the genre!

Darkfall needs to just die already, let the next big PVP/sandbox thing give it a shot.