Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Deicide Online: At A Glance

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com's Grant Henderson writes this look at Diecide, a game that didn't leave him wanting more.

The name of this game is not in the Nietzsche concept of "God is dead and we have killed him." No, it's more of the "We killed God, buried him in the backyard next to the gardenias and oh shit, I hope no one finds out" kind. With a name likeDiecide (The act of killing a being of a divine nature), you'd hope the game would at least have some sort of god theme going. Alas, it did not. A quick gander at the creation myth on the official website left a little to be desired. I don't hold this against the game makers; not every one can have the deep background already built up like the Warhammer Fantasy universe. At this point in this hopelessly flooded market of almost non-playable MMOGs, trying to do something original story-wise runs into the "Simpsons did it" problem: All the good and decent ideas are already taken.

Read the At A Glance

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

Link?

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• ctzn99ctzn99 Member UncommonPosts: 75

Not linked, can't read full article.

... transmitted on 100% recycled electrons ...

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/250/feature/2758/The-First-Ten-Levels.html

Link :)

Also, the title is spelled one way but the article another...

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

Holy crap .....this game is actually still going?

Played it 2 years ago and thought it was on its way to the grave then, mostly because of a rather lazy dev team that only seems to do 2 patches per year...usually only fixing a few bugs at a time.

Community was very nice though ...even if it wasn't that big.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Hmmm seems hard to diecide if this game is worth trying.

• xaldraxiusxaldraxius Member Posts: 1,249

Is this the new Darkfall expansion? Looks impressive, they've come a long way.

• RetroMonsterRetroMonster Member Posts: 288

Funny, I've never heard this game was all that great. I heard it was porrly put together abd was very unpopular. They say, that they tried to make it better than Runescape and with the popularity of WOWC ( world of war craft).

Not too many people has said great things about it so I've never bothered too make an account. I dont think I ever will either.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Unfair it be you was brashing my game like goats spanking! I do like not your review like I do. Review very bad.

• ShohadakuShohadaku Member Posts: 581

UNREASH YOUR HATE ON ME!!!

• SenoskeSenoske Member Posts: 5

that was the best review i've ever read, that was fcking halarious.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

It was pretty funny, kudos to the reviewer for not trying to sugarcoat it and the apt use of humor to get his point across.

• XuljesterXuljester Member Posts: 53

F2P MMO's really need to learn when to bury the pixel, seriously.

Deicide actually looks considerably good compared to some of the crap I've seen crop back up out of what should've been long-defiled and forgotten graves.

That being said, I really only skimmed the "d"eview, but I liked what I saw. Nice use of humor, but maybe slightly overboard on the negativity. Still, not a bad article at all.

• czedlitzczedlitz Member Posts: 27

Well i had never heard of the game, but after reading that article, i am not too worried about missing anything. I will not be trying this one out and going by the screenshots, the UI is just a copy of any other game in it's genre out there. Oh well no big loss.

Thanks for the review!

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

*bitch* *bitch* You are all just hatebois!

tehe, ok j/k

Sheesh... when will it stop that every nobody thinks he can make another MMO?  *__*

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

OMG! Hilarious! I laughed til I cried at the "Love handle" line. How can anything this poorly written be released for public consumption? Baffled.  

• caemsgcaemsg Member Posts: 105

i couldn't understand darkpony or any of the NPC lines that's so poorly written it has to have been translated by Microsoft translator

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,355

At least they managed to run all of the dialog through Babelfish, or however they came up with those lines.  I've seen games where the English-language version of the game web site had substantial portions untranslated from the original language.

You're not going to beat "I AM ERROR." for goofy mistranslations.  The grammar on that one was actually correct.

• AramathAramath Member Posts: 161

You forgot to mention also, if you want to be anything other than one of 4 generic classes, plan on spending at least 4 times the time it takes to level the generic class.  If you want to make a paladin, aka holy warrior/healing knight, you have to level a fighter and white mage class.  Now this taken into fact, there are three levels in this set up.  A level 30 Paladin is only level 15 fighter and level 15 white mage and therefore, gimp to mobs around his level.  A level 30 fighter or level 30 white mage will absolutely ream you because their skill sets are 2 times what yours are.

• APRAuroreAPRAurore Member Posts: 330

Hilarious review! Kudos to the reviewer

Back in EvE. Started with BatMUD. Main MMOs have been EvE and DAoC.

• RaganaRagana Member Posts: 458
    Originally posted by RetroMonster

Funny, I've never heard this game was all that great. I heard it was porrly put together abd was very unpopular. They say, that they tried to make it better than Runescape and with the popularity of WOWC ( world of war craft).
    Not too many people has said great things about it so I've never bothered too make an account. I dont think I ever will either.

WOWC? Is there something I missed?

Veni, Vidi, Vici