Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gratz!

DreamagramDreamagram Member Posts: 798

Ok, a little after the actual launch, but I think gratulations to the community and developers for Darkfall launching is in order.

It may not be working perfectly yet, it may not be my style of game, but it is something that has been awaited for a long time and even launching an MMOG is an accomplishment in itself. Hopefully the game will stick around for a long time and be enjoyed by its players and profitable for its developers. :-)

Gratz!

Comments

• dark-merlindark-merlin Member Posts: 314

Thank you.

• javacjavac Member Posts: 1,175

wow, a mature & positive thread from a non-DF fan that isn't a deliberate troll or a bunch of made-up lies. how novel.

• tombear81tombear81 Member Posts: 810

"It may not be working perfectly yet"

Oh thats just a tiny understatement.

• Billing : Fail
    • Mature community: Oh .. um.. fail
    • Developer Communication : Fail
    • Support: Epic Fail !
    • Simplistic combat system: Um .... is simplistic combat system !
    • Missing features : Win !
    • Professional looking and contradiction free: Um Fail
    • Liked by 70%  of people+ : Um fail
    • Liked by most old school UO players : oh hum not so much it seems from the MO forum.
    • Teh Hacks: Win !
    • Teh macro and afk resource gathering: Win !

..that was just the last week for this game.

• BluekidBluekid Member Posts: 46

Ahem,

Excuse me, Almighty, what server are you clicking a mouse button at , arthe moment?

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423
    Originally posted by tombear81

Billing : Fail
    Mature community: Oh .. um.. fail
    Developer Communication : Fail
    Support: Epic Fail !
    Simplistic combat system: Um .... is simplistic combat system !
    Missing features : Win !
    Professional looking and contradiction free: Um Fail
    Liked by 70%  of people+ : Um fail
    Liked by most old school UO players : oh hum not so much it seems from the MO forum.
    Teh Hacks: Win !
    Teh macro and afk resource gathering: Win !

its funny to me that ppl come in here bashing the "Mature Community".
    not even realizing that there trolling, bashing, attacks only make the community look worse

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Mature community: Oh .. um.. fail  subjective
    Developer Communication : Fail  Developers are less talking more doing WIN
    Simplistic combat system: Um .... is simplistic combat system ! Um..what you talking about ? Most fun in combat in an MMORPG since ages 
    Missing features : Win !  all core features IN..unneed like plantiung houses everywhere  are out and should stay out
    Liked by 70%  of people+ : Um fail not for everyone WIN finally a game with character and not pleasethemassesware wowcloneware
    Liked by most old school UO players : oh hum not so much it seems from the MO forum. oh hum m liked by many from old school UO if not who cares DF is betterthen the 10 years old game
    Teh macro and afk resource gathering: Win ! macroing should be allowed just not afk and game offers mechanics to test if someone is afk, a sinple player can test .. LOL

will you stop trolling in a week ? that would be nice 

a big world to  explore...WIN

combat intriguing and fun ..WIN

epic battles on foot / mounts / boats...WIN

sandbox gameworld with everything can be crafted ...WIN

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• FatGamerFatGamer Member UncommonPosts: 122

I was one of the 1500 (is that correct?) that were able to purchase the game yesterday. After 10 hours in the game I have seen nothing but constant exploits, macroers and people talking about going "afk but bot will be running" in public.  Needless to say I exited that guild rather quickly. They billed me 4 times for my one copy of the game. I had to spend 2 hrs today on hold and filing claims for 3 of the 4 charges. The graphics are ok, no big deal there. However, the absolutely horendous combat system is a joke. Every attack looks the same, chop chop x 5 minutes = kill. Magic is boring and all looks the same. I am so not impressed. I was one of the few who decided to check out the game instead of listen to the nay sayers off the forums. However, maybe if I would have listened I would have saved $50.

Sheesh. What a waste of disc space this game is...

will revisit in 1 year, if it's not bellyflopped.

The Adventures of Fat Gamer - http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/FatGamer

Originally posted by Dreamagram

Ok, a little after the actual launch, but I think gratulations to the community and developers for Darkfall launching is in order.
    It may not be working perfectly yet, it may not be my style of game, but it is something that has been awaited for a long time and even launching an MMOG is an accomplishment in itself. Hopefully the game will stick around for a long time and be enjoyed by its players and profitable for its developers. :-)
    Gratz!

/bow for your sportmanship

Even not you type of game you wish it well and hope best for it. Thanks for that spirit and may you be the good example for all the trolls who may read you nice words too and feel displaced here right now.

The game will stick around for a long time cause it has to be my MMORPG home for the next  few years  

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Originally posted by FatGamer

I was one of the 1500 (is that correct?) that were able to purchase the game yesterday. After 10 hours in the game I have seen nothing but constant exploits, macroers and people talking about going "afk but bot will be running" in public.  Needless to say I exited that guild rather quickly. They billed me 4 times for my one copy of the game. I had to spend 2 hrs today on hold and filing claims for 3 of the 4 charges. The graphics are ok, no big deal there. However, the absolutely horendous combat system is a joke. Every attack looks the same, chop chop x 5 minutes = kill. Magic is boring and all looks the same. I am so not impressed. I was one of the few who decided to check out the game instead of listen to the nay sayers off the forums. However, maybe if I would have listened I would have saved $50.

Sheesh. What a waste of disc space this game is...

will revisit in 1 year, if it's not bellyflopped.

small playerbase for the WIN ..i may add a slim playerbase for the win too LOL 

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

Gratz!

Am I the only one that caught this?   Sounds like sacrasm to me.

Originally posted by thinktank001

Gratz!

Am I the only one that caught this?   Sounds like sacrasm to me.

Then pay attention to OP's  sig to find out what has caught you

• tombear81tombear81 Member Posts: 810
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

So bad even the fanbots are silent on this issue. There are still people that got charged AND no in the game. I daresay there are people in game that did not get charged. Manual handling of CC data. Appears they do. Oh FFS!

Mature community: Oh .. um.. fail  subjective

Yes because when someone posts a support type question and they get a really nice answer on DF forums. Er... come on don't make me post links to the shit on shit from that forum. Some of it is tragic. The irony is so many people on there are WoW bottom feeders by day.

Developer Communication : Fail  Developers are less talking more doing WIN

No they simply dont have a clue what there doing hence the lack of communication. There playing it entirely by ear.  Look @ there forums. no problem sticky.. no search function( they have disabled it due to load). The only thing at the top is HOW to BUY the game. Shows you there motivation doesn't it ?

No arguement here. Well perhaps I should have said because of POOR communication.

Simplistic combat system: Um .... is simplistic combat system ! Um..what you talking about ? Most fun in combat in an MMORPG since ages 

Yet still lame by any other genre. MMO and indie should not make it this simplistic. This is not revolutionary.. Maybe revolutionry for an MMO... which technically is not true. But please enjoy the TWO mode style of fighting and benny hill show running around.

Missing features : Win !  all core features IN..unneed like plantiung houses everywhere  are out and should stay out

Now now.. lets go get Tasos big old list out shall we. Its still up for any poor unsuspecting person that ventures near.

AV is so far from professionalit hurts. No argument here then ?

We agree here eh ? I was not jsut talking about the game either.. I was talking about AV  as a whole :)
    Liked by 70%  of people+ : Um fail not for everyone WIN finally a game with character and not pleasethemassesware wowcloneware

Fair enough... sometimes this game has pinned itself in a corner labelled "1337 moron smell my fail". Given Tasos major feature list and annocing this as the second coming of Christ MMO this seemed almost certain. PvP... PvE... crafting.. trading... be free my arse.

Liked by most old school UO players : oh hum not so much it seems from the MO forum. oh hum m liked by many from old school UO if not who cares DF is betterthen the 10 years old game

And as many are laughing at how amatuer it is. Even DF own audience have dubious / laughter for it. Look @ there own forums. Its a frakking joke.

This weeks trauma. And predicted weeks ago.

Teh macro and afk resource gathering: Win ! macroing should be allowed just not afk and game offers mechanics to test if someone is afk, a sinple player can test .. LOL

So exciting innovative crafting / gathering  system.. is not so exciting as to be actually humanly playable and easier to just bot. Did AV learn anything from EVE online and macro mining...nope ! 
    will you stop trolling in a week ? that would be nice 
    N'ah I like my troll role on here. DF is just a big old punch bag for just ABOUT everything bad with MMO releases and fanbases. Like I say the above list was just one week. Don't make me go back pre release and how the game was in negative debt in many peoples eyes already.
    DF has everything combined into one. And yes AV deserve every little last dig at them. 

a big world to  explore...WIN

Empty... aside from pre placed things. What happened to this lively dynamic world. And does anyone remember that classic Tasos quote of AI doing flocking behaviour and forming large group to threaten towns. Lol... classic tasos. Dynamic, organic world my ass. Some static spawns in certain areas. Oh my.. that revolutionary. Erm.. not

combat intriguing and fun ..WIN

Lol... yeah ok.. push button.. run.. run.. push button. Maybe this is exciting if all you played was WoW in the last few years. Sadly for people playing other genres its just very, very lame.

epic battles on foot / mounts / boats...WIN

Epic on a budget remember... there indie ! Boats of which since there is no movment of goods due to global banking... are next to worthless. Maybe you could run some pleasure cruises. WTF do AV think boats are for ? Why spend time making boats when there no movement of goods. Why not spend time on getting decent billing ? Or making combat better ? Directionless is what they are.

sandbox gameworld with everything can be crafted ...WIN

By crafted you mean macro crafted... by hand of course.. well a very distant hand.

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Originally posted by dark-merlin
    Thank you.

Ya that's right take credit for nothing more than sitting on your ass. Defending every single bullshit feature and problem with a wave of your hand. I'm sure that magic was used so Tasos's shit wouldn't stink as well. Yes thank god for the community of the most douchebags I've ever met. Bats can see more than this community.

The ride isn't over and neither is the douchebaggery.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • ViewDooViewDoo Member Posts: 268
    Originally posted by Hashbrick

Originally posted by dark-merlin

Thank you.

Ya that's right take credit for nothing more than sitting on your ass. Defending every single bullshit feature and problem with a wave of your hand. I'm sure that magic was used so Tasos's shit wouldn't stink as well. Yes thank god for the community of the most douchebags I've ever met. Bats can see more than this community.

The ride isn't over and neither is the douchebaggery.

That made me really laugh out loud. Trolling? Yes. Insulting? Yes. True? Maybe. Funny as hell? Abso-friggin'-lutely.