Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR is gaining momentum

2»

Comments

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388
    Originally posted by fcazares

I am excited as well and look forward to the release. To those of you who are complaining about it striving to have mass appeal; In case you did not know... Game Developers and Publishers are businesses that are trying to make money. Why on earth would they want to throw their money away on a game designed for a small niche of players who will complain about everything anyway only to fail and go down in disrepute? Just look at what's happening to Darkfall for pete's sake. I for one am glad Bioware is not going down that road and is looking for a an appealing and sucessful game with new and unique features like omg a story!

Whats sad though is most things that are designed for mass appeal tend to suck. Granted its riskier, but a dev team with vision making a game for themselves would probably do better in the long run than a game designed by marketing committee. Hell I feel that way about any kind of media.

• heimer1973heimer1973 Member Posts: 93

I was a bit sceptic being an old SWG player myself, but  I can honestly say that now I just cant wait for the game to be released

I think(hope) that they will nail the atmosphere of Star Wars, so we once again can have a nice MMORPG to play

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,491
    Originally posted by TowlieFTW

Originally posted by DarkPony

I think pretty much all games with an IP such as Starwars will have a lot of people excited early on. It kind of guarantees exposure and interest. Though those who look a little closer still have a lot of doubts.
    Personally I think the only way to truly bring the Starwars universe to life is by making the game fully sandbox without npc henchmen and without having as many 'heroes' around as there are players online etc. More like a true simulation of the Starwars universe, if you will. With a ton of diversity in gameplay options / professions / playable races.
    I'm afraid this could very well turn out to be a cookie cutter mmorpg aimed to please the largest amount of people with too many restrictions to satisfy a world-pvp fan like me for instance.
    So I still have a lot of reservations. The concept and ideas behind Mortal Online appeal much more to me at this time.

Im glad bioware isnt making a sandbox game there TRASH.  Also it sounds like you love SWG, SWG is in my top worst 3 games iv ever played in my life so meh.

Yeah, with SWG you really didin't have a lot of moderates, people either loved it or hated it.  There was a big learning curve in that game, and therefore it could be difficult.  I loved the game, but then again, I like a good challenge.

This game does not appear to be anything near SWG.  I hope (as someone stated on another post) that no matter how the game ends up being that they catch the feel of the Star Wars universe.  Either way, with the very littl einformation that has been released to date it has all the ear marks of another cookie cutter.  Having said that I am happy to be wrong.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• courtsdadcourtsdad Member Posts: 326
    Originally posted by TowlieFTW

Originally posted by DarkPony

I think pretty much all games with an IP such as Starwars will have a lot of people excited early on. It kind of guarantees exposure and interest. Though those who look a little closer still have a lot of doubts.
    Personally I think the only way to truly bring the Starwars universe to life is by making the game fully sandbox without npc henchmen and without having as many 'heroes' around as there are players online etc. More like a true simulation of the Starwars universe, if you will. With a ton of diversity in gameplay options / professions / playable races.
    I'm afraid this could very well turn out to be a cookie cutter mmorpg aimed to please the largest amount of people with too many restrictions to satisfy a world-pvp fan like me for instance.
    So I still have a lot of reservations. The concept and ideas behind Mortal Online appeal much more to me at this time.

Im glad bioware isnt making a sandbox game there TRASH.  Also it sounds like you love SWG, SWG is in my top worst 3 games iv ever played in my life so meh.

I am curious what makes sand box games specifically trash? Or did you just mean to say that you didnt like SWG?