Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Old Republic Web Comic released

The Threat of Peace

http://www.swtor.com/media/webcomic

Its a little short but still a good start though plus I like the art work.

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

They mention Alderaan, so it must be in the game.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

A bit too short, in my opinion, for the intro comic. I was hoping for a bit more. Still, I like the Dark Horse SW series comics and this looks like its going to jump right into the action from the get go.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

• starstar Member Posts: 1,101

I agree that it was short, but they say they'll update it once week, so I have hope that it'll be worth it. And yes, not only did they mention Alderaan, but one of the main characters (or so it looks like) is a Togruta Jedi Master!!!!!11!!!1!!!1!!!

YAY

I'm looking forward to the next installment

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832

I think the comics will only be coming out every two weeks. The updates are every Friday.

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

Originally posted by BaronJuJu

A bit too short, in my opinion, for the intro comic. I was hoping for a bit more. Still, I like the Dark Horse SW series comics and this looks like its going to jump right into the action from the get go.

Yeah it sucked that it was only 3 pages, I expected that since they said it would be 3 pages, I just didn't expect it to suck like it did. lol  I was thinking they would cram a crap load of panes in the 3 pages.

I'm not sure how much story you can really tell in 3 pages. It needs to be atleast 5-10 each issue, otherwise I'm not gonna bother with it. It's just more teaser hype, like what they have been giving us since they anounced TOR.

And yes it is only every 2 weeks (twice per month), an article I saw got it wrong. 3 pages per week I could handle, 3 pages every 2 weeks meh, why bother? Might as well catch up on it all in 4 months lol.

SWG Bloodfin vet

• courtsdadcourtsdad Member Posts: 326

In typical comic fashion they are building anticipation. It was short, got to the conflict quickly. I am sure it will accomplish what they are looking for.

• DeadDingoDeadDingo Member Posts: 193

it's crap.

art horrid.  faces worse.

Originally posted by DeadDingo

it's crap.

art horrid.  faces worse.

lol, reminds me of some of my old 1980's marvel comics. The art is..... different I guess. I'm not into it, but I'll read it for the story I guess.

SWG Bloodfin vet

• RyukanRyukan Member UncommonPosts: 829

A bit short for my taste and not quite as immersive as the online comics for the game Dead Space, but the artwork sure was better than the Dead Space comics (which had good audio and atmosphere as well as minimal animation, but the artwork was kinda crappy).

• Darth_OsorDarth_Osor Member Posts: 1,089

We waited a month for that?  A high school art student could have done that during lunch.  Either make something that takes more than 30 seconds to read or give me a couple screen shots instead.

Originally posted by Darth_Osor

We waited a month for that?  A high school art student could have done that during lunch.  Either make something that takes more than 30 seconds to read or give me a couple screen shots instead.

Something to keep you busy till the next issue

It should be renamed "A piece of a threat" cause there was only 2% of it to see.

SWG Bloodfin vet