Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sixth Server opening anyone planning to reroll?

I might try a ranged toon currently have lv 50 Axe and lv 30 Swords.

"A proclamation has come down from the Oracle …

“A day shall come when a new Atlantica server will go online, and that day shall be … March 6!”

The sixth Atlantica server, called Delphi, will make its debut on March 6, opening up a whole new Atlantica world for you to experience. To celebrate the opening of Delphi, there will be several events to help your newly created characters level up quickly and advance to great heights.

• Bonus experience — Gain 120% experience points for the first two weeks of Delphi’s unveiling; and that figure jumps to 150% during the weekend.

• Level-up Race — More than 100 players will be receiving at least 500 Gcoins for reaching a designated level the fastest. The most fleet of foot player will be endowed with $100 worth of Atlantica currency — that’s 10,000 Gcoins — while the second place sprinter will earn $50 worth of Gcoins. The next 100 players all earn 500 Gcoins.

• Screenshot Contest — Players who submit the best screenshots will receive Gcoin prizes.

• Monster Hunts — Unique enemies will be spawned at various sites for players to battle and earn rewards.

• Treasure Hunts and Item Giveaways — Followers of Delphi will have more opportunities to find crystals and scroll boxes and receive other free in-game items.

• Quiz Room — Players who correctly answer the sage questions of the GMs will receive in-game prizes.

So with the Delphi server, you’ll have a great opportunity to create a Musician. Then level up quickly with all these bonuses and you can go crazy like a Maniac!

The Oracle is certain that you don’t want to miss out on this!

Crazy like a maniac lmao

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

At the risk of being cynical, given that the current servers are rarely overcrowded, I'm supposing  this is just a way to suck more money out of existing players.

Race to x level. Using scrolls, I guess, to take out mobs and those stones that level you up (my mentor used some to jump about 10 levels in 2 seconds).

More merc rooms. More mounts and wings. Etc, etc.

Not that the game's population is small, I think. But there's what, maybe 1200-1500 or so people logged in at most times? At least on Thebes (since usually the 30 people shown on my community tab are a level high and lower, thus probably about 10-12 people of a given level on at a given him), which doesn't seem overcrowded.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• Darkheart00Darkheart00 Member Posts: 521
    Originally posted by trancejeremy

At the risk of being cynical, given that the current servers are rarely overcrowded, I'm supposing  this is just a way to suck more money out of existing players.
    Race to x level. Using scrolls, I guess, to take out mobs and those stones that level you up (my mentor used some to jump about 10 levels in 2 seconds).
    More merc rooms. More mounts and wings. Etc, etc.
    Not that the game's population is small, I think. But there's what, maybe 1200-1500 or so people logged in at most times? At least on Thebes (since usually the 30 people shown on my community tab are a level high and lower, thus probably about 10-12 people of a given level on at a given him), which doesn't seem overcrowded.

I have seen Thebes listed as Busy couple times, may be they expect uptick in population in the coming weeks. That said i wish the new servers had different rulesets or for RP exc.

• FerdscuteFerdscute Member Posts: 108

There will be a 6th server?

• Darkheart00Darkheart00 Member Posts: 521

yeap on March 6th.

• pinoyjesterpinoyjester Member Posts: 81

Why do you think they named it Delphi?

• VishiAnandVishiAnand Member Posts: 239

I agree. It might be a way of making people spend their money more on the game by creating an additional server. But constructing a server, as big as this, is costly and time consuming. I am not that familar with what hardware they are using but I am sure that its expensive, since we rarely suffers lag or anything of that sort.

• elit3gam3relit3gam3r Member Posts: 186

yeah you're right the new server named "Delphi" will be launched on this coming march 06, 2009. and im just wondering why the developers called it delphi and where did they get that name and how they come up with that name..hahah sorry guys im just curious with that matters and thats the first thing that in my mind. its nice to have a new server because as i noticed some of the servers like thebes always in the condition of "busy".

Luminary: Rise of the GoonZu player

yes i heard, thebes is having some lag problems. i dont really know much AO population is. Do anyone got an idea? it may explain why a 6th server is needed.

Delphi is one of the oldest cities and one of the famous in the acient world.

• merv808merv808 Member UncommonPosts: 511

I left Atlantica for months, and came back completely confused by it. But I do remember really liking the game, so i'll probably re-roll on the new server.

• impaktoimpakto Member Posts: 314

maybe ill try it... i think though that if the new server would be okay , then of course they'd do that to all other servers...

• Nephilim26Nephilim26 Member Posts: 118

me too i want to try the new server its just the feeling of being a pioneer gives me a thrill to be there... and i am also curios what will be the gaming experience there .... humm ..

• eight675309eight675309 Member Posts: 246

The only reason they opened a new server is to get long time players to start there with their musicians. They already ahd low pop servers and there was no need for another. One of their many scams to get money from people and a deonstration of their disdain for the general player experience as a whole who don't spend a bunch of cash to play the game.

maybe they just want to make the game more beautiful and for the other players who wants to make another character.. to make it more enjoyable to play with new servers....

• felifefelife Member Posts: 96

i will play on it =D !~

and will try win one wk on first weekend again for have money XD!

i will be in that guild

http://atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center/ATForum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=15915&start=1

Atlantica beginner guide
    If you look the guide please comment
    Akabane - argos - 9x

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Delphi is an archaeological site and a modern town in Greece on the south-western spur of Mount Parnassus in the valley of Phocis. Delphi was the site of the Delphic oracle, the most important oracle in the classical Greek world, when it was a major site for the worship of the god Apollo after he slew the Python, a deity who lived there and protected the navel of the Earth. His sacred precinct in Delphi was a panhellenic sanctuary, where every four years athletes from all over the Greek world competed in the Pythian Games, one of the four panhellenic games, precursors to the Modern Olympics.

Delphi was revered throughout the Greek world as the site of the omphalos stone, the centre of the earth and the universe. In the inner hestia ("hearth") of the Temple of Apollo, an eternal flame burned. After the battle of Plataea, the Greek cities extinguished their fires and brought new fire from the hearth of Greece, at Delphi; in the foundation stories of several Greek colonies, the founding colonists were first dedicated at Delphi.

That being said, I will probably reroll a musician on the new server, kind of bored with my cannon (done pretty much everything except max out crafting). 

• gameadiksgameadiks Member Posts: 120

when i saw this new 6 server of atlantica i was already planing on transfering on this server... i want to start all over again...

• elit3gam3relit3gam3r Member Posts: 186
    Originally posted by Gravarg

Delphi is an archaeological site and a modern town in Greece on the south-western spur of Mount Parnassus in the valley of Phocis. Delphi was the site of the Delphic oracle, the most important oracle in the classical Greek world, when it was a major site for the worship of the god Apollo after he slew the Python, a deity who lived there and protected the navel of the Earth. His sacred precinct in Delphi was a panhellenic sanctuary, where every four years athletes from all over the Greek world competed in the Pythian Games, one of the four panhellenic games, precursors to the Modern Olympics.
    Delphi was revered throughout the Greek world as the site of the omphalos stone, the centre of the earth and the universe. In the inner hestia ("hearth") of the Temple of Apollo, an eternal flame burned. After the battle of Plataea, the Greek cities extinguished their fires and brought new fire from the hearth of Greece, at Delphi; in the foundation stories of several Greek colonies, the founding colonists were first dedicated at Delphi.

That being said, I will probably reroll a musician on the new server, kind of bored with my cannon (done pretty much everything except max out crafting). 

wow great, thanks for the information that u've shared to us regarding what "Delphi" is..its like a city from ancient civilization, i guess heheh ^^,

Luminary: Rise of the GoonZu player

• WillClarkeWillClarke Member Posts: 41

I won't switch.  My maniac is level 97, i have a spartan slate and am waiting for a heart.  I like my server and the people on it so i wont be switching

• beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

I really dont understand why they are opening a new server, argos isnt old and people are already leaving it to play other games.

Instead of making new servers they really should upgrade the current ones. Having one supernation per server makes this war system a real bitc*

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.

• ReanemeikoReanemeiko Member Posts: 183

One reason why they opened the new server colud be Atlantica is expanding, more and more players are playing the game, It's like starting a new community in Delphi..Since it was new there's a lot of events for two weeks for the atlantians who's going to start there... I think more players will play on that server... But I won't leave my character in Mycenae.. hehehe

*** Atlantica Online***Reanemeiko*** Mycenae

('@') Oink!

Delphi is actually famous for its Oracle. A certain person who had prophesized events that did occurred. One prophecy I think was the fall of the Roman empire by a certain person called "Constantine". 700 years before the birth of emperor Constantine.

Also, one of her prophecy is the coming of Armageddon in 2012. Frightening.

• vonkeitzvonkeitz Member Posts: 166

tomorrow will be the day.. hope to see you there in Delphi. goodluck for all of us.

yup tommorow wiil be my new character debut.... hope to see you there too...

this is my first time to be a pioneer of  a server whahaha!!!

• FerdscuteFerdscute Member Posts: 108

oh right tomorrow is march 6.. so what do you think of the special events that will be available on Delphi? the level-up race caught my attention.. 10k gcoins for the 1st prize, wow thats big!

• gameadiksgameadiks Member Posts: 120

hey guys! here is another information about the openning of delphi server here is the time..

check this out... atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center/ATForum/forums/thread-view.asp