Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you like it so far?

2»

Comments

• reedracefrreedracefr Member Posts: 3

imageI'm a total MMORPG newbie and I liked it.  It wasn't too hard to figure out how to get going and the quests were fun. 

imageI didn't like the get all the raw materials for your armor upgrade.  There needs to be a way for someone to just buy the stuff or find it on quest.

imageTrying to hook up for a quest was extremely tedious.  How about a "Quest now" option that dumps you and 5 people into a quest?

imageIt should be harder to climb through the ranks.  I was level 20 and just getting the hang of Monking.  I should have been maybe a 16 at that point, assuming a starting level of 15 and not 1.

imageWhat  is Guild Membership good for? I joined, then ended up seeing their chat all the time. I guess it would be good for friends.

I spent the entire weekend playing an I see great potential for this game. Will I buy it? Depends on how involved I get with WoW...I'm hooked!image

• SpongySpongy Member Posts: 4

ok i have played both events and am ecstastic over it.

ok then:

1.The games not done yet!! don't critisize it when its not done.

2.in the full version you won't start at level 15 you will start at level one and i get the feeling that people will be struffling to finish the first mission and that the use of henchman will skyrocket.

3.@reedracefr: you brought up some very valid points that will most likely be included in the full game.

4.there is going to be way more content guys, this was just one area i'm guessing.it was totally different in E34E, in it we were in ascalon fighting the charr, it was a drastic change.no jungles just lotsa desert and rock elementals.oh and there were no henchman, i could have spent forever going around hunting rock elemental bosses by myself, it was that fun.

• biplexbiplex Member Posts: 268

Excelent!
    That's the game i ve been looking for for years.

http://www.teraonline.info.pl Polski Poradnik Gry Tera Online

• RighteousRighteous Member UncommonPosts: 99

Hey everyone, check out my post: The "REAL" DL' on GW here!

Hope you like the post...more to come as I have time...and yes, this game is going to go Gold VERY quickly...want to know how many pre-orders the BestBuy and EB games have in my area? LMAO!!! Can you count the hairs on your head? :D

Denalle Champaign

20 ME/MO

Dragons Secret Flame

• D_shandrilD_shandril Member Posts: 116
    im used to skilling and leveling ans spending to much time in most mmorpg i play lol but i dont relly have the time and dont want to do this enymore since its a waste of time and i have a real life that need some training to lol

I think this game prety much is what i need, since you dont have to spend  time leveling to enjoy all the feature the game have to offer,enyway level and equipment are not making a big difference its more the strategy you use that do the difference. If you have a balanced team that work well together you can go trough many fight with no problems but if everyone playing for themself  the team can get whiped by weakling

I think they did a great job by geting ride of most of the stuff that can be frustrating in most mmorpg

i preordered the game and waiting to play again :)
  • magik_fxmagik_fx Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 278

The game reminds me far to much of dungeon siege to hold any interest past the first few mediocre hours. The PvP is fairly well implemented and will surely be one of the largest selling points. However, it doesn't feel like much of a challenge and there's so little depth it would never hold me for long. It's also setting itself up for immature l33t dewds to run rampant - something i can't stand. It's more of a graphical battle net chat client with missions. But I can see why a lot of people enjoy it, it does have a very light grind and and a moderately enjoyable PvP system plus the absence of an online fee will surely draw a lot of people in. Unfortunately a lot of those things build a terrible community of scammers, gankers and leet pre-teens. If it's your thing, run with it.

• OzzonOzzon Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by magik_fx
    The game reminds me far to much of dungeon siege to hold any interest past the first few mediocre hours. The PvP is fairly well implemented and will surely be one of the largest selling points. However, it doesn't feel like much of a challenge and there's so little depth it would never hold me for long. It's also setting itself up for immature l33t dewds to run rampant - something i can't stand. It's more of a graphical battle net chat client with missions. But I can see why a lot of people enjoy it, it does have a very light grind and and a moderately enjoyable PvP system plus the absence of an online fee will surely draw a lot of people in. Unfortunately a lot of those things build a terrible community of scammers, gankers and leet pre-teens. If it's your thing, run with it.

So far the GW community seems to be much better than WoW's for example, many other MMORPG's too, somehow i meet mostly mature people and there is less l33ts that in WoW.

• magik_fxmagik_fx Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 278

Originally posted by Ozzon
    Originally posted by magik_fx

So far the GW community seems to be much better than WoW's for example, many other MMORPG's too, somehow i meet mostly mature people and there is less l33ts that in WoW.

I guess i can't rightly say only playing a few of the GW alpha events but we'll see where it all ends up at launch. However, I've been in WoW beta since early march and haven't had much of a problem with the leet kids, again we'll see what happens after launch. It just seems that the lack of a monthly fee will draw in the little kids unable to get their hands on mom or dad's credit card - the monthly fee is the number one thing i hear kids complain about. That's not to say some kids can't act mature but stir in easy leveling, PvP abound, little kids running wild and smack talking it's going to be diablo 2 battle.net all over again.

• LegerfinaLegerfina Member Posts: 37

I don't know what are you talking about guys! I played GW in all events and i even can't sleep normaly after every event.
    Goob about your perspective that GW reminds you offline RPG , that because you hurry and don't enjoy the game.
    There are so beautiful world , so great design , gameplay etc.
    Levels in GW is not main thing.Skills combinations , items and atributes are main.
    That all i wanted to tell.

Hello from Underdark.

Hello from Underdark.

• jd269jd269 Member Posts: 225

Had alot of fun.. especially PvE, but I am a huge adventure game fan which that portion reminded me of.. an adventure game.. only better, since you can play with your friends. If adventure isn't your thing, you may not like the PvE portion of the game.. it is very story oriented, and very linear.

• activactiv Member Posts: 1

also liked it .... pvp is great ... explorin is fun ... groupin is ez ... i expect more races and class